IAC Banner Creation Contest!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

endgegner

The Saviour of UTA. Worship me as DJ worships sofa
Mar 5, 2006
Boston
It's been suggested that we move the discussion about the new IAC banner to a new thread.

We need a new banner to replace the old EAC banner on the old website: http://utassault.net/eac. The sooner we get one the sooner we can move on to more important matters like updating the website, which we'd like to get working on before voting when to start the IAC ends February 15th.

Banner needs to include:
-Title: International Assault Cup 2007
-Mention of UTAssault.net (preferably like Anni's 2005 version, noticable text which doesn't take away from the rest of the image)

The rest of the image should be based around the theme "International Assault Cup 2007." Previous applicants have used globes, country flags, UT characters and UT weapons. All of these are acceptable.

For some ideas, here is a list of 2005 images: http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?t=52027

Serious submissions only please. Mushroomhead's 2005 submission already pwns anything you can do and there's nothing anyone can do but accept it. Although this is "the best f*ckn assault cup in the f*ckn world" - please refrain from using language which might be considered inappropriate. Pretty obvious but people have thought otherwise.

If people also want to create forum sig images either for the IAC or their IAC country, please feel free to post those here to after we have a website banner.

what diimensions? is it the same as last time or for a splash banner at the front?

I might give it ago if i get bored enough of my thesis.

tbh I think it's a bad idea to wait for the banner before you even start working on the site itself because I guess theres a lot of work to be done there, and if you really need an image to place the layout I guess you can use this:

tempbanner0xb.jpg

and start advertising the IAC site when the final design and banner is put there.

plus its gonna give everyone enough time to make cool banners so that we get to choose from a couple of great designs like last cup and not only 1 or 2.

what diimensions? is it the same as last time or for a splash banner at the front?

I might give it ago if i get bored enough of my thesis.

Most of the 2005 submissions were about 500x130. The image on the site was modified to be 890x132 so anything less in width would be fine.

The structure and core functionality of the site is already there; IAC simply needs a "fresh" looking layout... Last time we built the rest of the site around the banner, so I don't see any problem doing the same this time.

The banner dimensions aren't a huge issue; last time it was crudely stretch blurred to meet the dimensions of the rest of the site, but the content can quite easily be re-ordered to suit the new banner / layout.

Bonus points will be awarded to anyone willing to actually suggest full colour schemes / layouts along with their banner submission.

here's my 2 first ideas based on the same concept but with different colors kinda.

#1:
iaclogohtml18eg.jpg

I believe a darkish/metallic look to the site kinda like the background in the main ut menu to go with the big UTA in the "TOURNAMENT" font. All the images are intentionally dark to make the text stand out more, the EU flag is also the brightest.

#2:

iaclogohtml20mo.jpg

A more Red Blue and black approach kinda like the UTA site, everythings brighter to be I guess a bit more "catchy". I didn't bother to add flares or global blur effects and stuff but that could be done.

eh in europe at least these are the 2 most used weapons

If I make another type of banner i might include more weapons

but I kinda like how the sniper overlaps bridge :o

here's my contribution and as poll results look like its gonna be may i already included that ;)

Attachments

• iac-banner.jpg
    iac-banner.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 48
hmmmm xb that looks cool imho but the whole left side is crap imho, put a leeter and cooler pic there. and make the logo at the right lil bit bigger.