I want to know why? (map bugs discussion)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thats th sad part Aska.. That ppl get banned cause others dont sympathise with them:P
Eventhough they might be kind but "their style" just doesnt appeal 2 others...
Not sayin this has happen and not trying 2 accuse anyone:D

rocket launching is no bug ...

Contrary to popular opinion, rocket launching wasn't a planned feature, it's simply a little bug. The Unreal code should limit the velocity and momentum caused by any weapon, to prevent launching, but it's programmed in such a way as to cause kind of a racing condition. A spread of six rockets will not be counted as a single boost, instead it checks each rockets independently, and one rocket alone won't be limited.

:P

How come hammer-launching a t/l is much better than rocket-launching it with 6, but r/ling a teammate is better than a single hammer?

likely to be down to different properties for the t/l class than the player class.. probably down to mass or summat - dunno enough about the ins n outs of the engine tho.

Basically.. wallhugging to reduce/eliminate falling damage is a little dodgy - but most people use it an no one has been banned for it - I think that one is ok.. same goes for hiding inside the trees - you can be seen (weapon flash) and hit, therefore it is not a huge and unfair advantage.

Yeah but you would think the map makers would make the trees solid. Obviously a mistake on the mappers part, or it was deliberate to allow people to hide there and snipe. If LAS fixed it I don't see any problems.

As for sliding down a sloping wall, thats like a normal part of UT world physics. Probably part of normal world physics too. What would you rather do - go down a 20 feet high slide or just fall 20 feet straight down to the ground?

Nah, I think uZi, in his fumbling, confused way, means vertical walls. Like dropping from Bridge or flying off the jump-pad in SubBase and hugging the wall on your right to catch you before you lose health. Obviously a bug but everyone who knows about it does it.

same goes for hiding inside the trees - you can be seen (weapon flash) and hit, therefore it is not a huge and unfair advantage.

Yer the thing about this is that mostly everyone knows about this trick, and if you just hover your mouse over the trees you'll get the little visual saying the player's name and you can easily shoot at them. Brings a little extra variable in to the 2nd assault, that can be the toughest objective to get on Bridge quite often, so in the end I don't see any harm done.

True. It never ceases to amaze me how everyone on Bridge def can end up sniping from the Bridge, while the attack waltzes to Second.

and minigun prrt prrt lockdown prrt prrt

biggest bug in game tbh and nobody got banned for miniabusing yet :o

Well that's debatable - it's actually just a side-effect of the general character programming; lockdown is present in every weapon, or more correctly, on every character - it's just more noticeable when using miniguns.

Same as Rocket Launching, it's not really a bug, just a side-effect of velocity calculations based on single projectiles.

The hammer launching however is a bug, since there is actually a code-bit missing from the weapon which as a result causes the direction given from 'alt-ing'.

Just my 2p.

lol some people cant comprehend anything these days, Try reading what is written before posting seriously... banned out of the blue? "just dont use map bugs"??

1) MyM has explained what consitutes a bug and what doesnt.
2) 1 problem with this is some are accepted and some aren't, such as wall bug on riverbed3 which is blatant and useful.
3) Therefore like afformetioned, a list of bugs needs to be written up. (Known Bugs)
4) DJ has no right to complain, if anything he deserves more than 2 weeks.
5) XR, read what was written, bug abuse was explained its i the rules a clan complained he got banned. I have seen him do it plenty of times
6) Smant, useless using the 'no brain' mentality. For someone who thinks of himself as a friend to new players, you really dont take their ignorance into consideration. Not everyone has in depth knowledge of the bugs. You can't simply just "not perform maps bugs".

Well done admin team, but please be consistent :)

Status
Not open for further replies.