I hereby retire.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Phear

The all powerful W|G!
May 27, 2001
Birmingham, UK
Yes you read it correctly, I'm retiring as a utassault.net League Admin. I guess most of you have an idea why, and if you don't open your eyes fs :D

I've been putting up with shit from people as a League Admin for over 2 years now and until now haven't seriously considered giving it up. But this time its caused others to get thrown into the fray. I don't deserve the shit that people dish out, I've always done what i've done for this community and I've learnt to ignore the wankers, but when my position as League Admin and -=]NRG[=- leader spills out and throws doubt on others its time to go. CS does not deserve to be given shit, getting crap like being called my lapdog, simply for doing his job and doing it well. The members of -=]NRG[=- do not deserve to be brandished with a brush that says they are top simply because I am League Admin, they earn't their position fair and square.

What makes this whole incident worse is that people I considered my friends turned in an instance, turned on CS, turned on -=]NRG[=- and turned on me personally.

So from this point forward I leave Brave and CS in charge as League Admins (with SmartAss to join once the NA league gets on its feet). I will still be maintaining the web site and database etc, but the decision making processes will be out of my hands.

The next version of League Assault will be the last, aside from bug fixes in the future. This will prevent any arguements about new features and with UT2003 around the corner I want to start concentrating on that anyway.

As a parting statement I'd just like to thank ALL the past and present League Admins, they do a fruitless task with no reward but grief, trust me I've been there :) Show them some respect!

:(

Thx for ALL the work u did so far m8 ! U've been an excellent m8 like i've just said to you on irc.

If it wasnt for you phear m8 this league would prolly be dead ! We'd prolly play on clanbase or sth and this community wouldnt exist imo.

awh ffs can be less melodramatic here pls? I mean afaik this has now resulted in:

1. phear stepping down as league admin
2. glen leaving ai
3. moe leaving ai

whats next?

I have spoken to you on ICQ m8, anyways good luck with NRG and sorry that it came this far.

on behalve of Callidus Oppugno
i would like to say
Phear is da man!
thx for all the effort, all the time all the money and all the knowledge to give us a splendid time!
I am sorry to see you go but in understand what you mean
wish you best of luck with NRG and cya around

Ouch :(

Sad to see it's come to this Phil.

Most ppl who's been around for a while know they can trust your integrity. Surely, there's been controvercies in the past (we've had a few ones between the two of us as well), but in the end without your efforts this community most likely wouldn't exist for this long. For those that think running a league like this is a matter of setting up a website and let the community run itself through polls etc, take a look at the NA leagues....

In the end, desicions needs to be made, and there's no way to make everybody happy all the time.

Somebody will always whine, and thus more often than others feel they end up with the shorter stick. That's life. Accept it or move on.

It's a difficult task, but I trust the "new" admin team to uphold the league in the same spirit and keep it alive well into UT2003 :).

[EDIT] The above is generally speaking, NOT in reference to the NRG va AI "incident", which I've only briefly read about[/EDIT]

PS. Didn't we have an agreement that posts like this should be discussed before posted to the public? :P

ffs, unbelievable!

Thanks a lot to everyone who have let this happen! You showed some great respect to all the work that Phill has done for this league.

Thanks for everything what you have done till now Phear mate.

And i thought division 1 was nicer now then when we left...

seems like i was very wrong.

Originally posted by Ufie

round of aplause to Frost ION etc. Hope ur happy.

TBH I'm generally quite upset that Phear has left :(, but I think what you said was a bit harse. Frost may have started the thread but afaik, he hasn't said shit to anyone all night. How do I know that, coz he's been at work since 6 pm, he's nightshift.

...and btw if you are going to blame him where it isn't called for, at least did it with a bit more respect.

It's Frost>ION<

Once again :(

Ive already spoken to you on ICQ phil so you know my position on this.

well done to the muppets (many who had nothing to do with the game) who made this problem go this far:nono:

Sorry to see you go Phear my man. Great work in the past 2 years. You did a magnificent job.

For the rest of the fucklers who pushed this over too far.

FUCK YOU

:bawling: nasty to see it come to this, yeah. I read some of the NRG vs Ai stuff - and I didn't understand. :confused:

But congratulations ( :party: ) on achiving so much with the league. 100's of games played and enjoyed by 100's of gamers around europe, and the rest of the world.

Good work, I'm sure we'll see it again for the next version of UT.

Sad to see you leave m8.
You really put alot of your time into the league and always helped us out when needed. I can understand the reason why you quit I guess...

I hope this ain't the end of UTA... cuz it's the best UT league in the world!

Greetz from SEK,

PhoeniX aka HolyCow

hey!!!!!
hm..
After all.. This is sad, even tho decision in quite understandable.
And ffs what means "Concentrating on UT2003"? U prolly ment Concentrating on NRG to be best clan ever :)

Unofficial rumours UT2003 will be delayed till next X-Mas