I am Legend

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

tbh i only liked the dog ,for the rest its crap aka butterfly ??? i know what to do

Tbh, I quite liked it. A lot of vague moments as Weirdo has pointed out etc. But maybe left for a reason? Already the rights have been secured for a prequel/sequel, so maybe a prequel would explain all that is needed to know. Prequels are usually shite as everything is covered in the first film, hopefully different this time.

The film was way too short though. The ending was crap aswell. It even had me hopefully clutching onto a hidden message that they all died and the colony in the mountains was merely the gateway to heaven. However, one moment made me strangely proud to be a human lol. When he had the greande and he went head to head with the alpha male and explosion came. Made me feel so good in the cinema and I dont really know why as tbh he should have just thrown it through the little hole and got into the safe with the female and boy lol.

Nice Film :thumb:
I like this kind of film, but the final is a bit crap :)

Could you specify 'this kind of film'?

Do you mean the theme of solitary life in a remote place, the theme of dystopia or something else?

just came across an alternative and much better end:

If you have not seen The film DO NOT watch the youtube clip inside the Spoiler.
[added the spoiler Tag: zombie]

Last edited by a moderator:
How is that better? Doesn't really go well with the book either now does it!
Everybody knows (or should know) that it's pointless to compare books to movies - the experience is just totally different. Therefore, you compare one ending (of the movie) to another ending, in which case the posted ending is 'better' or at the very least more satisfying than the 'original'.

Edit: imo, of course :p:

Right then. I disagree! The ending shown in the movie is better, gives more of a closure :fingers:

Edit: Of course, the alternate ending opens up for a sequel!

I thought it was ok .. the cgi of NYC was amazing then the cgi of the rabid zombies was utterly shite.

that alt ending was what I thought was going to happen as soon as that head zombie was seen controlling the others.

I think I prefer the ending they chose

The rights have been sorted for a sequel/prequel. So take whichever ending you will. I assume by the real ending a Prequel is more suitable and the alternate ending, a sequel. Depends how they adapt it. Either way, still vague and both follow the American path of a good ending.
However, at least in the original ending Smith dies.

Last edited by a moderator:
still think of spoilers people.. not everyone has seen this movie yet!