I am Legend

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Thrasher (_!_)

=]????[=
Feb 21, 2002
Staffs,UK
What a pile of crap.

It's one of those annoying films that doesn't let you "get to know" the characters so tbh you couldn't care if they live or die.

The wild animals running around are never explained, we can only assume where the manikins came from or who built the trap he gets caught in.

Jonathon Ross was sucking off Will Smith at how good this film was......it shows that Mr Ross is just another ass licking suck up.

Very disappointed.

Well the first 40min are very good but that's it tbh.

The vampire/zombie whatever they are dont look real and you get tired of how they were made: cgi, why not use real ones like in 28 days/weeks later ??

!!! SPOILER DO NOT READ AFTER THIS !!!
( why not let him be the very last on earth, womem and kid totally scew it up tbh and the end as he being the messiah is bullcrap )

!!! YOU CAN READ ON NOW I'LL LEARN HOW TO MAKE SPOILER BUTTON !!!

the scene in the building searching the dog was very good, but for the rest ... to bad, looked forward to this one :/

Last edited by a moderator:
It is but surely not the ending ( last 20 mins ) and if the ending aint right, the movie aint right :/

the film starts at 10th of january here in germany...fookn critics won'T make me spend the money to look the film...ffs...I really was looking forward to the film :P

I thought it was decent it just ended too fast.
Same for me. I think the potential for the movie (and the story) was great, but there just wasn't enough story and background on the whole. I would have loved to see more suspense and routine, instead of explosions and GCI dudes headbutting glass.

Yup me and my friend were also dissapointed. The solution of putting some kinda zombies in the movie was just way to easy. You expect something original from a storyline like this, but what do you get.. freaking zombies. Visually it was pretty impressive, empty streets of New York and the way they blew up the bridges looked great, but the usual hollywood style montage and editing is just a lack of creativity in a movie that had so much potention.

6/10 coz I still enjoyed it with my popcorn..

I was really looking forward to it but it's CRAP. No explanations of anything. I haven't read the book either so....

like when he notes to himself that one of the zombies come out into the sunlight... and then just explains it briefly about social degregation or something? it leaves you hanging. and why did one of the zombies seem to be the leader? arghhhhhhh

It's one of those films you look down at ur watch when it's finished and realise what you've just wasted..

duh that really sounds bad, i have read the book quite some time ago and when i found out that they'll make a movie out of it i was really looking forward to it and the trailer also looked quite intresting

well i'll watch it anyway and hope that u're all wrong :P

I assumed ...
the chief dark-seeker was related to the girl who Robert captured, therefore fuelled the rage directed against Robert - it was clearly personal.

What wasn't entirely clear was who set the trap on the bridge; it was too much like the trap Robert set to capture the girl; was he going insane and forgot where he set the trap? I can't believe the dark-seekers were intelligent enough to set a trap like this.

Key word is assumed here, since as everyone has pointed out, too much was left to the assumption of the viewer due to the time restriction dictated early on in production. Box office sales have already beaten previous Christmas epics, so it really is a shame the movie couldn't actually level up to expectations.

coz I'm old I remember the original version .. it was called The Omega Man and starred Charlton Heston and was probably better