help with netspeed!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

ffs i just figured out that when im in specmode in first person view i can increase netspeed to 10000 and my ping is normal:(

its so stupid that i can have smoother online UT in specmode than in real gameplay :mad:

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]Actually, for 70% of people you'll find it has the complete opposite effect, i.e. to cure mouselag they turn on vysnc.

It all depends on your graphics card. Mouselag is most likely due to the buffering on your graphics card. Since synchronization calls in the video card instruction buffer have been eliminated, your card will keep requesting input from the CPU until the buffer is full. So your card at any point in time may be rendering a frame that you fed it 1-3 frames beforehand, which would explain the mouse lag when at certain framerates. Many people have said that OpenGL fixes this, some say it makes it worse. Since it's rare that people have exactly the same components in their system, there will always be a number of solutions to this issue.[/QUOTE]

Ive tried for 5 years with several different pc setup's and d3d/opengl every command and gfx drivers and gfx card tweaks/os tweaks and i CANNOT get rid of mouse lag in UT

Newer games like 2k4 semi run ok with vsync but it's still no perfect.

CPU limited fps is the only way that works for me ( it's why it's the mindspring opengl renderer ) i asked him to add it and i also have a d3d version from TNSe with cpu frame rate limit.

With this option i dont get any mouse lag but my fps stay at 85

I doubt very much there's a way to stop vsync mouse lag which is very common if you look around.

o yeh ive also had 5 different mice in those 5 years 3 logitech and 2 microsoft tried different driver versions/setup's for that aswell.

Last edited:
Gotta say, in the last 6 years of UT, I've never had it, and I've had about 5 different PC's in that time.

It's very doubtful that the mouse itself has anything to do with mouselag; as I said in my previous post, it'll be to do with the graphics card / drivers / motherboard / cpu (or a combination of any/all of these things).

I can say one thing though; As a rule of thumb, I've always stuck with nvidia cards - and not once suffered from mouse lag.

My current setup is nearly identical to your own Paa`, except I have a 6800GT instead of the x800xl.

Ive had

gf2mx - fps never went high enough for the need of vsync
gf4ti4200 - mouselag with vsync
rad 9800 pro - mouselag with vsync
x600pro - mouselag with vsync
x800xl - mouselag with vsync

:|

im not sure exactly what u mean by mouselag, but thinking about it this could have been vsync related, as it started similar time to turning it off/on, my mouse sensitivity went crazy, sometimes i would boot UT and itd be fine other times it was uncontrolable, as in, the slightest movement, i mean slightest would turn you around twice or something crazy, or if i minimized UT then restored it would change the mouse speed, i was playing with sens of .75 to make it vageuly playable, i reinstalled UT and it was similar but now its more stable even though its over sensitive so i play with 1.00.

Anyway back ontopic :P

ffs i still have my old card and proc and yesterday i entered server with ns 20000 wich i forgott 2 lower after speccing earlier..and i did not have lag + ping 32324556 my ping was normal:D..i reckon my isp fixed prob:D:D:D:D...its really new feeling with mini/sniper now:P

poor PC's always get the blame! I played on a 700MHz Duron with a Voodoo3 and 512MB RAM for 3 years and UT ran perfectly at 800x600 and just fine at 1024x768.

changing ur netspeed is a placebo effect i reckon. I've tried using all sorts and there's no difference. Somedays I can't hit shit and somdays I can. Accept it! :D