help with netspeed!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

antidote

Jul 2, 2004
on the garage
aiight!
ok my problem is my netspeed as many of you who knows me know also if i increase netspeed more than 2600 i get amazing ping of 1000+ sometimes 2000 :confused:
but it only goes high when i move so i reckon it is somehow connected with frames(my frames increase a bit when i increase netspeed of course)
so im tired of ppl calling me lamer etc for playing with 2600 netspeed and i must explain them why i have to have it :mad:
i have 384/64 DSL and i use opengl on 800x600 16 bit colours....i tried d3d driver also but its unplayable
my avg frames in online gameplay on full UT assault server is bout 35-45
my PC is made of GF2400mx and amd athlon 950 mhz(and my gfx card cooler is down also :( .)
if anyone knows or have some idea how i can fix this let me know please :yipee:

uffffffffff lol, that sucks anti :x

I think its just your connection, i dunno if an upload of 64kb is enough, specially if you use a voice program :/

aye LeN but it is the same thing if im on vent or TS or not...and afaik 1 channel of isdn also has only 64kb tho netspeed for it is bout 5000 :\

Want my opinion m8? Fuck what other people say.

Your system is also quite slow, that and your connection wont help your fps online unfortunatly. If people dont like your netspeed they can leave. If you can't honestly use a higher NS then dont try too.

I use NS 5500 so I get around 85fps constant - Helps my UT performance, I get newbs bitching at me for using 5500 netspeed, but they dont have a clue.

As long as you can get the maximum performance out of your computer and connection, thats all that matters.

loool Mc..u remember loaded other day from publics? that was me! :P and u were so pissedd off @ me fs lol cuz of 2600 ns
that was nasty of u tbh ..i was so mad that i almost trow my PC tru window :D

McNeill said:
Want my opinion m8? Fuck what other people say.

Your system is also quite slow, that and your connection wont help your fps online unfortunatly. If people dont like your netspeed they can leave. If you can't honestly use a higher NS then dont try too.

I use NS 5500 so I get around 85fps constant - Helps my UT performance, I get newbs bitching at me for using 5500 netspeed, but they dont have a clue.

As long as you can get the maximum performance out of your computer and connection, thats all that matters.
and btw it really IS the max that i can pull from this trashcan :(

played UT on a duron with 1GHz for years and i know how sucky that is. Unfortunally the ns of 2600 increases the "unsmoothyness".

I don't get it why you need a 2GHz PC for a game that was released 1999 (best cpu @ this time was a pentium3 600MHz)

play in 640*480?

u say ur gfx card cooler is down? not working? if ur gfx card is overheating it could cause loads of problems..

antidote said:
loool Mc..u remember loaded other day from publics? that was me! :P and u were so pissedd off @ me fs lol cuz of 2600 ns
that was nasty of u tbh ..i was so mad that i almost trow my PC tru window :D

I know it was you, but when i said that i asked you why you dont change your netspeed to 5000 at least cause your very hard to hit. You then explained, i wasnt calling you lamer :P. Its shame about your combination of pc/hardware because i used to have that so i can feel for you.

i dont think that is problem of pc, i had the same problem, i was two months playing ns 2600 or i get ping 3748374 and pl 50%, after i blame a lot of times to my isp they fixed it. Dunno which were the problem, my connection still sux but this problem is fixed.

omg i tried 2 play it in lowest resolution possible..i think it is 320*240 and tried ns5000 and still ping goes 2500 :confused:
but...when i tried 1280*1024 its a bit better so i increased it more too ns10000 and it felt ok for more than a minute :confused: ...ping was ok and then it did not went to 2000 but it went to only 300 ;) but i was getting like 19 frames lol and aiming is shit with 19 fps avg :chase: i think i really need new PC :D or get minigun and go to my isp and kill everybody that works there :mad: !!!

I use 640*480 res on my comp bec it sux so much, so now i cant see ns anymore, cant complain on others ns either!

So i vote all use 640*480 then none should complain anymore! :satan:

Btw I run on a: Celeron 2,2ghz, 512mb RAM, with Intel 64mb ram on a 21" screen, and XP pro
and in UT i use d3d.

Before I had xp i used nt4 instead then i could run opengl and 800*600 but now it doesnt work anymore bec of xp :satan:

McNeill said:
Athlon 64 FX-53 | GA-K8NSNXP | ATI X800XT PE | 1GB Mushkin PC3500 CL2 | Audigy 2 ZS | GigaWorks™ S750 | Diamond Pro 930SB BK | Logitech Special Edition Internet Keyboard | Logitech MX510

Well, with a setup like that, you can't exactly say that your PC is hampering your gaming performance and hence need to drop your netspeed, so what is your excuse you doric sheepshagger? :D

Thuringwethil said:
Well, with a setup like that, you can't exactly say that your PC is hampering your gaming performance and hence need to drop your netspeed, so what is your excuse you doric sheepshagger? :D

Netspeed limits ur frames, sometimes if UT is running with 200 frames or something the game is running like in 200% game speed so u use netspeed to limit it to a certain value where UT runs smooth.

Stylefish said:
Netspeed limits ur frames, sometimes if UT is running with 200 frames or something the game is running like in 200% game speed so u use netspeed to limit it to a certain value where UT runs smooth.

or u put your vert sync to program controlled and control it via your ini

or you put your vert sync to on and your monitor to 85hz or whatever your monitor will take

i still cant see the i need 5500 net speed to give me 85 fps argument tbh

when i use ns 10000 or 20000 with openGL all teleporters spit me out and i end up facing the other way instead of going thru ??

eRt said:
vsync causes mouse lag to several people, so they control frames via netspeed
Actually, for 70% of people you'll find it has the complete opposite effect, i.e. to cure mouselag they turn on vysnc.

It all depends on your graphics card. Mouselag is most likely due to the buffering on your graphics card. Since synchronization calls in the video card instruction buffer have been eliminated, your card will keep requesting input from the CPU until the buffer is full. So your card at any point in time may be rendering a frame that you fed it 1-3 frames beforehand, which would explain the mouse lag when at certain framerates. Many people have said that OpenGL fixes this, some say it makes it worse. Since it's rare that people have exactly the same components in their system, there will always be a number of solutions to this issue.

Last edited: