GUID info

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Geo

One & Only
Aug 20, 2003
Scotland
Will the GUID code in unreal2k4 be made use of in the utas2k4 league/ladder ?
If its been discussed allready link me to it plz.

Yes we have plans for this, however it will require additional uscript coding. First we'll have to finish/ fix it before we can add this :/ This will not be done in the initial release but WILL follow :)

Thnx :D good too know as i would like the GUID included when possible and have time to do so :thumb:

GUID is a unique ID linked to your ut2k4 Key. It's used to uniquely identify persons/players. This is worth discussing... but at a later point.

Rel@x said:
GUID is a unique ID linked to your ut2k4 Key. It's used to uniquely identify persons/players. This is worth discussing... but at a later point.

Ah.. i thought it was like.. Graphical User Interface Something_with_a_D :P

bascially it can be used to stop multi clanners and mercs. Good thing to implement imo.

LeNiXiS said:
bascially it can be used to stop multi clanners and mercs. Good thing to implement imo.

LMFAO :rofl: the telling word in that sentence is CAN . I havent seen a single league where it is actually used properly. Clanbase has a list of the GUID's in the clan, but how can this actually stop multiclanning if you are playing on the accused clans server?! :rofl: Joke of the century.

I'm pretty sure Anti TCC can be set to allow any client to summon a list of the GUID's of present playerson the server.....prob solved m8 :P

Joko said:
LMFAO :rofl: the telling word in that sentence is CAN . I havent seen a single league where it is actually used properly. Clanbase has a list of the GUID's in the clan, but how can this actually stop multiclanning if you are playing on the accused clans server?! :rofl: Joke of the century.

i myself am a cb n00b but in cupwars theres usually an cb admin who has access to the clans webadmin during the match. not sure about ladder matches.

:rolleyes: It's kinda pointless discussing this. when the time comes we will discuss it internally what is technically possible and what not. We'll then propose what we want to do to the public. No point in arguing over this right now .. :)

Joko said:

ok lets do fuck all cos joko is always right

come to your senses at last Len. :lol:

And im not always right, i just don't make the same mistake twice. :fingers:

Seriously, it's a nice idea, but no one is gonna use it because its too much effort to implement and will just encourage people (you know who u are) to find ways of getting round it. Which is really sad imo. No matter how hard you try there is always going to be a way to counter attempts to prevent cheating in online games. Nothing at the moment is 100% secure, and until something completely revolutionizes online gaming all you can do is reduce the damage these people cause.

Ill bet you a Gringod that it won't be effective if its used.

@rel@x, we aint arguing just "discussing".

/me looks at forum title and runz :rolleyes:

gringo said:
I'm pretty sure Anti TCC can be set to allow any client to summon a list of the GUID's

You're right, it also lets you save everyones id to a ini file. Wont stop mercs though will it ....

"oh it was my brother playing on my PC honest"
"it was a m8 playing on my comp"

and even if u did enforce it, will just get ppl saying

"thats fucking unfair, my PC cant run UT2004 so to play it i HAVE to go to my mates house"

blahblahblah ...

And tbh the amount of time needed to write a wee proggie to log everyones GUID, then analayse the logs and match it up to a database of allowed GUID's from a webby (even if it is a couple of hours) is completely not worth it because you cant enforce it. There are SO many ppl giving admins abuse from all directions already, imo this would just cause more arguments than its worth.

My 2p, take it or leave it, just dont act like a baby and post useless little jibes *cough* Len *cough*

Last edited:
Joko said:
You're right, it also lets you save everyones id to a ini file. Wont stop mercs though will it ....

"oh it was my brother playing on my PC honest"
"it was a m8 playing on my comp"

and even if u did enforce it, will just get ppl saying

"thats fucking unfair, my PC cant run UT2004 so to play it i HAVE to go to my mates house"

blahblahblah ...

And tbh the amount of time needed to write a wee proggie to log everyones GUID, then analayse the logs and match it up to a database of allowed GUID's from a webby (even if it is a couple of hours) is completely not worth it because you cant enforce it. There are SO many ppl giving admins abuse from all directions already, imo this would just cause more arguments than its worth.

My 2p, take it or leave it, just dont act like a baby and post useless little jibes *cough* Len *cough*
Dont matter with anyones exuces ohh its my brother that was playing or any other excuse, if found out then Team instantly loses match and forfiets points , if found same clan does it again then instantly put to holding zone , third time instant ban for clan and all players in clan. And as for ohhh its not fair my pc dont run 2k4 i have to go to my m8s house Tuff shit Get a new comp aint the ladders problem ! Start this ladder the way it should be done by stopping mercs/botters and such others.Which i think the GUID would help do,also no player can play ladder/league match for a clan until 48 hours after signing up instead of the 24hrs.Plus all players must use there Registered player name in all league/ladder matches.And the part about just cause the admins more abuse :x not imo as id just BAN! if they decide to argue with the rules of the ladder ! :whip:

Ohhh and topic above was a question on wether it will be used and i got me answer so alls good end of story :D close POST!:sleep: :moon2: