GUID info

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

@ Tzu: your talking nonsense... you wanna destroy the league befor it even started?

Here is why i think it is nonsense, just my oppinion:
Tzu said:
Dont matter with anyones exuces ohh its my brother that was playing or any other excuse
what if it was true? There are ppl that have brothers or sisters and some ppl are not rich and buy a game twice if the newest patch dont need CD/DVD anymore and you can play LAN.
Tzu said:
if found out then Team instantly loses match and forfiets points,
you would be a arse admin thats what i think
Tzu said:
if found same clan does it again then instantly put to holding zone,
boom and the league begins to die
Tzu said:
third time instant ban for clan and all players in clan.
yep, now it is dead or because ppl will start making multiple accounts so incase one account gets banned he dont have to wait 48 hours what is mentioned at the bottom
Tzu said:
And as for ohhh its not fair my pc dont run 2k4 i have to go to my m8s house
Man oh man... i must say i was pretty much happy when two of our Members were able to play at a m8s house, thinking of ASE that moved out of his parents place so he had no internet, then he played 4 matches at a friends house, and Sirius played with a m8s pc 2 times too when his own pc was broken for a week.
Tzu said:
Tuff shit Get a new comp aint the ladders problem!
bollox nonsense... admins are not the leauge... the players are, and if you treat them like shit they will leave...
Tzu said:
Start this ladder the way it should be done by stopping mercs/botters and such others.
Anti TCC is there for that, and thats enough, keep your fingers out of the rest!
Tzu said:
Which i think the GUID would help do,also no player can play ladder/league match for a clan until 48 hours after signing up instead of the 24hrs.
make this rule if you think its good but it ends up ppl just making more accounts "earlier" as Joko allready mentioned (think it was him) we will have to live with the ppl that allways try to get arround protections and do everything to fuck up others.
Tzu said:
Plus all players must use there Registered player name in all league/ladder matches.
dream on...
Tzu said:
And the part about just cause the admins more abuse :x not imo as id just BAN! if they decide to argue with the rules of the ladder ! :whip:
*starts praying that Tzu never gets admin else this league not gonna be much of a fun*

imo the ID is no ones buisness (not even league) to look at those ID´s... even lesser when they have something to do with the cd-key...
at the end you gonna call Atari and ask them for the "rights to ban CD-Key´s"?

/me remembers there is a official 2k4 release, that encrypts CD-key and ID more so nobody can see it *searching*

Last edited:
Felerian, the idea of ID # is to prevent multiclanning / fakenicking / double-accounts.
Just wanted to clear that up, coz u sound like u have no idea what / where that # is.
It should be used and the rules should be as Tzu said.
Allready ppl are fucking scared ;)

Dont matter with anyones exuces ohh its my brother that was playing or any other excuse, if found out then Team instantly loses match and forfiets points

Yes, without a doubt, 100 percent agree.

But if two brothers play for different clans on the same PC then tell me how you intend to prove which brother was playing? Or even if two friends play in different clans on the same PC. Or even in fact if the other brother even exists and its not just one guy with 2 accounts?

The way ur talking you would want to ban two brothers because they can only afford one PC and one copy of the game. Surely thats some kind of discrimination. Its never going to happen. In an ideal world it would be great and I am all for stopping mercs I'm just being realistic and pointing out that it cant be done.

Stop flying off the handle with all ur sanctimonious bs and actually read my posts plz.

Reactions: Felerian
me remembers there is a official 2k4 release, that encrypts CD-key and ID more so nobody can see it *searching*

A guy called Hellcat made that, but it only encrypted your CD-key i dont think it affected your GUID afaik.

However, in the AntiTCC readme it appears there already been bug reports of several people being displayed as having the same GUID due to the use of certain set commands ... its a bit vague what he says but i think im reading it correctly.

EDIT:

Linkage: http://ut2k4.skill-club.com/showpag...1=cat&dv1=myfiles&sort=ASC&sby=name&class=&s=

Joko said:
A guy called Hellcat made that, but it only encrypted your CD-key i dont think it affected your GUID afaik.

However, in the AntiTCC readme it appears there already been bug reports of several people being displayed as having the same GUID due to the use of certain set commands ... its a bit vague what he says but i think im reading it correctly.

might be a bit off topic... but Jokok what you think about his encrypter?
good or not?

@ Japster: i am not scared, i am realistic and not dreaming

Last edited:
dunno Felerian, havent tried it. Seems to be ok though, but a bit unnecessary unless you are downloading alot of dodgy mods or maps, or bots. Try it and see, hes a respected guy so theres no danger of it wrecking your ut

Man felerian if u ever become an admin life will suck bigtime. Your not one bit open about the opinions of others.

I agree for a large part with what he said. Brother played? Can be sorted in 2 ways if the brother has his own GUID There r key changers use them with the 2 official keys i'm pretty sure that would change yer guid aswell. So that works if you haven't got a 2nd computer.

2 we link the GUID to IP's even if u have a random IP you can still see what host your on. Wich would not eliminate but deffinatly limit your mercing capability's.

I aint destroying league b4 it starts fs lmao and at end of day id rather play in a well run league with minimum cheating and mercing (as like joko says its very unlikely youd stop it alltogether as yet) but to use methods to make it harder and more hassle for mercs etc im all for.
And the penaltys for gettin caught should be strict as if they aint then why have methods too stop cheating in first place as they would be pointless.
And its an opinion of mine Felerian which im entitled too,and tbh with your comments id say thank god u aint ADMIN as league/ladders would be a free for all with folk doing which they please.
But as i said b4 it was just a question about wether it will be used (GUID) and i agree its not worth us all discussing it just now ,there will be plenty time im sure when admins get round to that part.I think also ADMINS will decide what is possible and rules etc as there the peepz in charge innit.Last i got say on this subject lads. have fun with 2k4 all and see yous in league when it starts :)

Just like it fucking is and ignore the fucking mercs. 1 extra player ever makes a fucking difference to what the score would have been had you gone against their normal team.

Humph said:
Just like it fucking is and ignore the fucking mercs. 1 extra player ever makes a fucking difference to what the score would have been had you gone against their normal team.

Last i got say on this subject lads. have fun with 2k4 all and see yous in league when it starts :) <<<<<<---------

ban mercs ban cheats etc etc servers them right for going against the rules in the first place, I know for a fact suym pro has in at least one match faced 3 mercs !! thats 75% of the other team and tbh is bang out of line.

Ban mercs for life imo.

Ajax said:
ban mercs ban cheats etc etc servers them right for going against the rules in the first place, I know for a fact suym pro has in at least one match faced 3 mercs !! thats 75% of the other team and tbh is bang out of line.

Ban mercs for life imo.
There goes 90% of the league :rofl:

90% ? more like 10-20% and they the ones spoiling it for the honest ppl, would be good riddance to unwanted trash imo.

There is nothing right when it comes to mercing and i would rather play vs less people who play fair then a massive league full of merc's n botters.

+ having a 1st div player in a lower div team makes a hell of a lot of difference.

We have a chance limiting mercing through GUID's cuz i don't think a lot of people would give up their key to someone else simply to win a stinking match. It's still what 50 bucks were talking about.