Goodbye UTA

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Neo

Jun 8, 2001
Solihull, UK
Well this might come to a bit of a suprise to half of the UTA community but to those that know ION from the inside they will realise this was just a matter of time, for months now ION has just been dead wood having trouble getting players for matches, not practicing, not updated tactics etc. Time has come for the clan to leave utassault.net and move on. We would like to point out that this is not in direct action of the Mi5 game last, but it made us realise that most of us just didn't really care anymore and weren't really interested in assault no more and haven't been for a while, but didn't want to leave our friends without teammates. We've achevied everything thats possible to do in this league and have set and maintained a record that will be very difficult if not impossible for any other clan to emulate.

For you stat freaks our win percentage is 97.8% over a total of 116 Matches!

Tnx to all the clans that we have had great battles with over the past 2 years!

NRG - We still remember that match we pld when ION was known as DS (Devil Spawn) omg never again please
Mi5 - Always our arch enemies the only clan to beat us more than once.
Ai - Tnx for the top games fags! looks like u will be keeping Rampage for ur insta activities in Mr.
Sixth - Arghh that 7-6 Thriller, maybe the best game we have ever played, not too sure the NRG one we lost by a wisker was damn good too.
CnE - ggs back in da old days

8, aak, uks, x, t-swe, mod, tnt etc etc the list goes on, if u aint here then u know who u are.

Have fun for the rest of UT's life, see ya in UT2K3

>ION<

:eek: well, I am in the half that is surprised
Well done it is an impressive target you have left
Have fun wherever you all go......
:D

:wave:

I knew it was coming, all those botty love sessions with ramp gave me some inside info :P

GL chapz cu around i expect :D

Hehe well i know the feeling since i ve stopped playing UT 1,5 month ago for kinda the same reasons.
Kudos for having the top spot so long :D
Cya :wave:

Last edited:
Very Impressive stats. The number 1 spot will never really be the same without the clans having to beat you guys. Simply the best UT clan in the world. Its a shame for the league to see you go. Congrats on being the best by so far for so long. GL to all >ION< members in future games and RL.

:wave: >ION<, you've given us some of the best games, 2 stick in my mind, the close win by you at the start of 2001 ( I was still on a modem then :lol: ), and the close win by us this year, probably the best 2 games I've ever played.

Hopefully see ( most :lol: ) of you around in the future :D

pld ion. and gl in all your future indeavours.

and i can't see a thread that neo started without adding:

I WANT MY SPECS BACK
:D

gl and hf fellas

FFS, don't leave yet, WE haven't beaten you :P

now if we ever become no.1 in the league everyone will say ÿou haven't beaten ION :(

very sad to see you go, now everytime i see a completely new move who the hell can it be?...

but we've had many players say :wave: in the past and they all got stricken by homesickness... this is where you belong :P

anyways.. if you got some 1337 "how to beat MI5" tactics somewhere in a doc file, strongly recommend you send that to me ;)

g/l and h/f and hope to see you in UT2003 !!