Freaking Match!!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Marty
Ok so someone had an argument ages ago...was Thur mainly right ?...well she didnt play so who exactly was you muting because it wasnt here.

We werent expectiing any hassle last time which wasnt ages ago, it was about 2 months ago, teh last time we played, and I dont particularly want to bring that up again. But we didnt want any trouble at all, and after a few maps, everyone turned it off (execpt Timmah, who was too lazy)

Last edited:
Originally posted by LoneRanger

go MoD :D:bah: :smoke:

pld to both teams, was an exciting match in irc :nod:

edit: gg quoting skillz

:p: to MoD :nono: SPREE KILLERS! FS, if it hadnet been for MoD we would be on a +13 winning streak FS, :spank: Lost by one fecking map, ONE MAP between us and +13. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Originally posted by RaMpaGe
where is the flaming fs stop deleting the flames!!!

:)
:p: Sorry we arent entertaining you enough Ramp :p:
But me and Wint went over to Redds house right after the war, and are only now looking at the forum, so there hasnt been anything deleted :p:

personally i think 2 months is absolutely ages ago for an argument in ut but thats just me...and how can you be too lazy to type togglemute...he said in here it was beacause he wanted it on...

...ah well mute me then, who cares, flame me too i'm sure i deserve it and FDC no doubt would be justified.

Originally posted by Marty
personally i think 2 months is absolutely ages ago for an argument in ut but thats just me...and how can you be too lazy to type togglemute...he said in here it was beacause he wanted it on...

...ah well mute me then, who cares, flame me too i'm sure i deserve it and FDC no doubt would be justified.

Ach, don't be like that mate. there's no big feud. we muted enemy because last time, a simple comment got way the hell out of hand, and (unfortunately) it wasn't just Thur.

not to mention, I wasn't really up for the taunts..

Still, it was a really good natured game, and I suggested to the guys to take the mute off midway through the game. Timmah left it in place, which I can understand.

The in-game attitude of both clans was flawless, but the IRC logs make really bitchy reading. It's probably as well most of us don't have IRC going during the match...

aye, irregardless of whether you're friendly/enemies or whatnot, sometimes you just want peace and quiet during a match :). i would prolly turn it on more, but i'm just too fecking lazy

yup i wanted it on marty.. now go cry with your mum or something
see you next match :argue:

[22:10] <utabot10> 0:03 : -)BiB(-Het_Kalf: you guys have a good GRZ in the team there :D

oh and for the record as far as we are aware, you have 4 ex-first div 1 players (3 from Luna and 1 from Ai), we have one (Grz), and 9 of the last 11 wars we have won without him, and lost against MoD with him playing. so jer, just think before you say such things about Grz. :rolleyes:

BiB would be very high on my most annoying clan list if it wasnt for snee :moon2:

:clap: :bow: :clap:

[Edit by Mughi to add the IRC line Timmah was talking about]

Last edited by a moderator:
what does it mather how many 1div players you got?

that doesnt mean you have a guaranteed win

Originally posted by TIMMAH
see you next match :argue:

[22:10] <utabot10> 0:03 : -)BiB(-Het_Kalf: you guys have a good GRZ in the team there :D

Perhaps Het might just have been paying GRZ a genuine compliment timmah? For example, the first time bridge was played, GRZ played amazingly and really caught us on the hop. That kind of play is genuine skill.

For goodness sake though, if people are accusing me of making bitchy comments on IRC, have the nerve to come right out and say so. Yes, I did make comments about shockwhoring. Mainly when AS-Submarinebase][ came up. Knowing what I do of the map, specifically that pretty much the only way into the sub is through a *very* narrow door, which is extremely easy for the defenders to spam, and also given that everyone in my team was complaining about the spam at that point in the map on TS, I expressed my view on that map. Namely that it is just too full of narrow corridors and chokepoints. There is as much skill required to defend AS-Submarinebase][ as there is for AS-Guardia. I did not use bad language, I did not refer to anyone in particular, and anything I said was no worse that what I've seen most =[FDC]= players use themselves.

We didn't slap 6 DM players in your face last night. We fielded 6 people who have been in the clan more or less from the start, bar the obvious exception of our new ex-Ai member. Of the 4 supposed ex-div1 players we have, I can only think of 2 who actually played last night.

Having said that, I think it was a good game last night. =[FDC]= played very well. 3 seconds is awfully close though. Skill or luck? You decide...

Last edited:
I think thats Timmahs point Ramp, just since G joined we have had a lot of our opponents (apart from MoD, funnily enough :p: ) implying that G shouldnt be part of our team, or that he is carrying the rest of the team ... G is a fantastic bloke, a great player, and we were picking his maps to play before he joined, and would have picked his new map even if he hadnt joined. But he is part of the team. Its the team that is working for us just now. Its just yet another comment on top of many recently. And while each and every time someone says something, they are unlikely to mean it as an insult to the rest of us, or G, it is starting to wear thin ......

Originally posted by Thuringwethil

Having said that, I think it was a good game last night. =[FDC]= played very well. 3 seconds is awfully close though. Skill or luck? You decide...

Why not leave it till the next time you play and decide :wave:

*sigh*

okay: Lydia, your comments throughout the match in IRC were bitchy. I wont get into quoting here, you know what you said. In particular, we got pissed at you suggesting that we lost maps "because there was no shock rifle".

Your team spammed their fooking asses off on Riverbed. A similar map, only completable through a narrow passageway. We moaned about it in Teamspeak, but no-one felt the need to whine in public about it, or to demean your skills as a clan. Spamming an aproach at a critical moment is a part of the game just like Minigunning one on one in the open. We know that.

as for whether that last map was Skill or Luck?
I just rewatched the demo... We beat you by Skill.

Not luck, not lag, not anything else.
Just the simple fact that our team was better than yours on the night.

I had the good grace to compliment BiB for a bloody good match, without *ANY* snidey little comments tacked on the end. BiB played *BRILLIANTLY* and turned in a performance we would have been very proud of.

How about, JUST ONCE, you give an open compliment without dragging it back on the next line??

Can the words "well done" pass your lips without terms and conditions?

Originally posted by Redd

Why not leave it till the next time you play and decide :wave:

I'd like to think that was possible.

originally posted by timmah
BiB would be very high on my most annoying clan list if it wasnt for snee

And why is that timmah? Because last night was too close for comfort? Or because I own you on jolt5? :p: :D

Originally posted by Wintermute
*sigh*

I just rewatched the demo... We beat you by Skill.

Can the words "well done" pass your lips without terms and conditions?

1. I'd still debate that. Winning a map by 3 seconds is pure luck. Nothing more, nothing less. Some of the maps =[FDC]= played exceptionally well on. Golgotha and Bridge spring to mind. =[FDC]= exhibited real skill on those maps. Subbase is just an out and out spamfest though. Deal with it. Tell you what though: If you hate narrow doorways as much as us, then ask GRZ to widen those passages in his maps, or at least provide a second route in. As far as I know, he authored both maps?

2. Given my irl job, no. :p: :D And I suspect your real problem with me is that you see too much of yourself in me. :D

And I am proud of everyone in the -)BiB(- team. I just share their frustration when it is perfectly justified.

Last edited:
:rofl: you wish

was a gg bitches (just referring to your clanname) :p:

i hope you get to stay in div 2.. and maybe we play again next month..

looking forward to another cracking match!!

lydia.. wanna dance? :bananna:

Personally i dont give a damn about spam...it happens in every match on every server on every day and anyone who complains about it really is wasting their time imho...cos if nothing else its not gonna stop.

What i objected to was being muted because you had an argument with someone else 2 months ago...its not like she was even playing. But you muted me and i thought we got on.

And timmah thats just baby talk m8...i was friends with fdc, and id rather be hurt from an ignore than be the sort of person whos answer is 'go cry to your mum'. You wont see me at the next match.

1. I'd still debate that. Winning a map by 3 seconds is pure luck. Nothing more, nothing less.

Whats to debate? we won, you lost.

we beat you, and it can't possibly be because we played better, it must be "pure luck" yeah, right.

2. Given my irl job, no. :p: :D And I suspect your real problem with me is that you see too much of yourself in me. :D

And I am proud of everyone in the -)BiB(- team. I just share their frustration when it is perfectly justified.

Save your Pop Psychology for someone who gives a fuck what you think. My "real problem" with you is you. Live with it.

Last edited:
Fantastic .... another great game tarnished by whining by people who should know better.

FDC nominated spokespersons for BiB :
Snee, Het_Kalf and Syphus :teehee:

Status
Not open for further replies.