For your tweaking pleasure...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Well, I"m lost.

I STILL can't figure out how to .zip a file with StuffIt Expander.

Any advice? Like a link and instructions to do it with a Mac version of WinZip? Too lazy right now to get that stuff myself, got a lot of schoolwork. :/

Grr, forget it I'll post it in pieces.

Last edited:
EDIT: Still not working!

What's the problem now?! It posts the first few letters and word, like, "Set WarheadLauncher PickUpMessage Y" then stops!

Grr...

This looks like it may take awhile to figure out. :(

Last edited:
Hmm, after a quick Google, StuffIt Expander is only capable of unzipping... For creating a ZIP Archive u need StuffIt Standard Edition...

Silly me, I didn't even try uploading the file without compression.

It's small enough to upload without compression, so here it is. :)

EDIT: Forgot to explain what this was. This file contains all the useful message tweaks that I know of with their default values listed so you can delete them or leave them as is as you please.

I'll change and update the file as time goes on.

EDIT: Heh, already corrected a few mistakes. Enjoy, and point out any further errors to me, please. :D

Attachments

• defaulttweaks.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
omfg ffs :lol:
nice now m8

[EDIT]
as its written in that txt. itll take days for me to figure out what i need to do man LOL :hangover: :hangover:

Last edited:
if some ppl want ill add a file later this day with some explanations what does what and how to change it...
but i will remove all illegal stuff first... :P

Felerian said:
if some ppl want ill add a file later this day with some explanations what does what and how to change it...
but i will remove all illegal stuff first... :P
YES YES
and please make it with HARD ENTERS between the lines LOL i dont see shit like this :P

and thnx :) :angel:

well... subz is right :P
you can see alot better with WordPad... but there is alot of stuff you dont really need...
so i did not comment everything... only things that seemed interesting to me (besides that i just used my old tweak.ini).
It includes all legal tweaks we were allowed to use in leagueas135, after 136+ tweaks were totally disabled (except the ones you could change in the menu of leagueas).
Take a look:

Attachments

• tweak.txt
    15 KB · Views: 177
i did not activate all in it, but if you guys want just download it to your system folder and go into UT and type "exec tweak.txt" into the console :)
that way you can check out the changes ;)
and then you can play arround with the settings :D
but remember, its not gonna work on a leagueAS Server :(

rofl, probably the first good review I've gotten since joining the forums.

I left the default values for all the tweaks to show what you would be changing if you changed those values. But if you're still confused I'll make another file that explains them all; having assembled the file from scratch by myself I know exactly what each one does (except ItemMessagePlus ???)

@ Fel: Actually you're incorrect. Most of the tweaks do work with LeagueAS. DeathMessages are overwritten and the ShakeMag/Vert/Time and WaterZone tweaks are blocked but every else is compatible. Believe me, I've used this file for MANY months and LeagueAS hasn't :shout:ed at me yet. :)

Keep in mind, in this file as far as weapons and items go I've included ALL weapons and items in all AS maps that I know of; I have not included ChaosUT weapons and the like, but have included the SuperShockRifle (Enhanced Shock Rifle), Translocator, and Chainsaw. See more in the new text once I've come out with it.

Reactions: Bossk
Here's the tweak file explained. :) Please point out any problems or typoes you have with the file and I'll see if I can fix it. Suggested additions are welcome. :D

KNOWN BUGS: With the M_Activated and M_Selected messages, to make sure they don't appear with no space between the item and message texts (e. g. so they don't appear like, "Invisibilityactivated.") you must put a space in there other than the space bar space. I know in ASCII letters there 1-2 different types of spaces (non-breaking space maybe?) that will separate the two without sppearing as a _ . I do not have the character available and Macs don't support that particular character I don't think.

hf gl :D

It seems I've been bad repped so many times I can no longer upload files. Would anyone mind remedying this so I can post the tweaks file?

Reactions: Paa`