ffs bah. when will the forums be running good again

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

D-Almighty

INITIATE OF THE COUNCIL OF SUPREME LOOKING GUY'S
Jun 14, 2001
behind me keybord/NL
hosnestly i don't like to be a whiner..but since that last big forum update i really have the feeling things have degrated.. still there are alot of flaws that make useage less fun... nothing was improved imo.. sorry.. just don't get it why there had to be this update..

just like what happend a min ago... i'm looking for an old thread on our public forum but thats impossible because when i set the option: show threads to "the beginning" it show more threads...
BUT when i try to go to page 2,3 4,5 of that history or some thing it just turns back to the page with the latest threads of the last 10 days...

i used to be able to view the exact time of posting thats gone to..

i tryed looking up a forum member with starting with the letter 's' ( dunno how the name was writen exactly)... so i press the s >> i get a nice list of members starting with an 's' but i want to go to the second page of members starting with an 's' it turn back to the first page starting with -=ASH=-... the first memeber of the total list..

also the Similar Threads thing is cool in a kind of way but also brings up alot of shitty threads that would rather be forgotten...

quik repley doenst work for me..

i liked the quote button better then the reply button under a post...

i can't edit poll's any more as a mod in my own clan forum...

these are just some thing that happend to me the last few days.... ofcourse i'd like to give these problems some time.. but till now i really can't call all this update an improvement till now.. i'd be glad if all was restored..

Last edited:
if you check the thread 2 or 3 below this you will find that the first problems you mentioned have already been discovered and i am sure if the admins have time they will take a look at it.

edit: a minor thing that really bugs me is the
directly under the posts. i deactivated signatures (NICE! :D ), but there's always this text that looks as if it belonged to the post. couldn't that be in the table with the ICQ PM and profile links, right next to the rep buttons? would definately look better i think

Last edited:
As Ice says the first 2 things are already being looked into, I have been looking on and off for a solution but with no luck yet. Not sure if it is a bug with vB or what.

Similar threads is being trialed, new features are worth trying before dismissing them.

Quick Reply, theres another thread in here on this, you have to click the quick reply button on the post you are replying to. If you hadn't noticed you can now view the forums in Linear, Hybrid and threaded view (the latter which needs to know what post you replied to). Again this is being trialed and may disapear if its not being used.

'Quote'/'Reply' its a word, it does the same thing it used to. When vb3 final comes we will spend more time on the styles.

The editing of polls is a permission for moderators which has nothing to do with the upgrade. It was part of housekeeping to bring all the permissions in line for every mod. I'll look into granting this permission.

Ice, I did find a solution to that a while ago but it got forgotten, i'll see if I can get it sorted.

I can't really say any of these problems are much more than trivial/small though. Certainly the benefits outweigh them.

Yes, the forums seem a lot less populated since the *cough* 'upgrade'.... The 'upgrade' really sucks imo and I preferred it the way it was before.

But thanks for posting a list of constructive things we can work to fix D-Almighty. If we don't know there are issues we can't do anything about them.
Humph said:
Yes, the forums seem a lot less populated since the *cough* 'upgrade'.... The 'upgrade' really sucks imo and I preferred it the way it was before.
Then please do fuck off then. If you have suggestions for improvements, a list of bugs detailing what doesnt work right or is b0rked, rather than talking out of your arse. I've also told you that vB3 is extended vB2 with the code rewritten and additional features. There is hardly anything missing from these forums which is missing from vB2. So how you can find is worse I don't know, because you haven't told anyone. You must moan in general and you know if fucks of me off. You also have absolutely no idea about the stats or numbers to indicate to you how busy these forums are. You also have no idea about the trends of people online (if thats whay you are gauging this from) on a seasonal basis - when it is warm and sunny means more people go out, and in winter people stay in and use their computers more. So how about you ask some questions instead of trolling shit in here.

@ Everyone else apart from Prickro, There are sticky threads and notices all over this forum asking people to report bugs. If you find a problem, report it and then we can either do something about it or request support from vB.com it's that easy, doesn't have to be a big deal.

dunno if it's only me but I get halfpages kinda often and have 2 refresh sum times 2 get whole page.. I see a halfpage and then sum codedown on page... didnt have this problem b4 upd8

Ive had that too occasionally, seems to load the thread title then stop, refreshing the page then usually makes it load completely :(

/me gets his excuse book out again

doh and I have been trying to fix this one for a while. We are using newer versions of php and apache. What seems to happen when you got half a page is that the apache process dies. F5 makes the server spawn a new process and subsiquent pages after that do load. (until it happens again, reason: unknown)

So our only real option here is to backtrack to the old versions of php and apache which causes us memory problems and leakage - which means swap files are used slowing down the server :(

So atm its a lose/lose situation until someone has a genius plan. :caek:

Well since you want suggestions, how about themes in clan forums again.... I miss them :(