Favorite Football Player

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Anni said:
van Basten - most complete striker ever imo

Bergkamp - can't score ugly goals

Litmanen - Ajax legend

I agree but biased like everyone else. I saw them play (mostly in the stadium when I still lived in Amsterdam) and the ones you see play regularly/often they stick and you remember them. And there are enough others.

Zidane, what I have seen from him, always good, very good lovely lovely. Averladze :) Litmanen... the list goes on.

I loved to watch Patrick Kluivert, Michael Reiziger, Marc Overmars, Edwin van der Sar and Edgar Davids (saw his debut, I'll never forget that) not the best players ever (or goal keeper) but loved (and love) watching them.

Its not about scoring goals or fabulous technique (to me) but mentality and guts, bluf, fooling, outsmarting :) :) :)

Stuart Elliot

Ireland & Hull City...

Hull City ftw! :mosher:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anni said:
van Basten - most complete striker ever imo

Bergkamp - can't score ugly goals

Litmanen - Ajax legend

:love:

but KLAAS JAN HUNTELAAR is THE striker atm if youd ask me.. you will be hearing this name more often these upcomming months when CL starts believe me.. and when holland starts playing he will be first or at least second striker..

:bowdown: TheHunter

That Le Tiss goal against Blackburn was probably the best I've ever seen but the fairy-tale ending at The Dell comes a close second. :)

Le Tiss without aa doubt as best player. Franny has to be runner up though :D

Plonko said:
That Le Tiss goal against Blackburn was probably the best I've ever seen but the fairy-tale ending at The Dell comes a close second. :)

Le Tiss without aa doubt as best player. Franny has to be runner up though :D

aye Franny was da man in def

I used to like the Franny and Heaney tagteam Heaney made em jump in the air for Franny to clatter back to earth :)

worst player ever seen in the flesh Ali Dia :rofl: still makes me laugh:rofl:

Edit added a piccie of Franny

Attachments

• fb1.jpg
    fb1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
It really is a tough one DB.
I can name certain players for certain traits, like Paul Gascoine for his absolute superb control of the first touch.
I could name the great Pele for his all round man beationg and goalscoring ability.
But the player I believe has been the most gifted of my generation is a man I actually despise.
And that man is George Best.
I truly believe he was so far ahead of the game that those around him were playing that he just got bored.
Got bored and fucked everything up.
To me though he was a true innovator and genius.
Truth is he just never played long enough at the top.
Poor cnut/wanker!