Exlpore the earth.....

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Thrasher (_!_)

=]????[=
Feb 21, 2002
Staffs,UK
Dont know if this has been mentioned before as I cant be arsed to look so.....

You seen Google Earth ?

It's only in beta at the moment but it is totally stunning !

Download the prog....if its offline wait a day till they repost the exe.

Pick an American city (Seattle works well) and it will fly you there....you can then zoom right in and it uses satelite images to show you the city....you can see cars on the freeway and everything !!! Try Tokyo too !!

Then when you thought it was pretty cool.....go back to Settle and in the bottom left tick "3D Buildings" in he layers box. You now get 3D models showing building height and you can fly around Seattle !

Most of America has been done....some of the UK too. Need a good connection cos it pulls loads of data off the google servers. Just bellow the pic you will see a "Streaming" figure, wait for 100% for pix to be complete.

Last edited:
Reactions: -Starlight-
Is it streaming pictures e.g. off a satellite?

Or is pictures like taken 6 months ago?

Anyway, im playing with it now, and its excellent! Its pretty much an A-Z for the world, which includes notes of takeaways and thier numbers!

This means google seriously has the answers :D

Go play everyone

(Green rep 4 thrash :nod:)

lol...thnx m8 :)

It's streaming hi-res images taken from satelite, dont know how old they are. The twin towers have gone, but couldn't think what else to look for.

I was totally gob-smacked when I saw the detail it has the American cities in !

Can you see Microsoft HQ ?

Let's have some places to look for, great landmarks.

Well I've just spent the last few hours on this app... Gotta say it's the best thing I've seen on the net for a LONG time.

Just been flying around places I've been to (Texas [Houston, San Antonio, Austin], Florida [Orlando, St Augustine], NY [City], Boston [City]) and the detail is amazing.

Hope the UK & Europe come up to the same detail standards as the States!

Top find Thrash :thumb:

I am so pleased it's not just me that finds this the most amazing piece of software.

It is soo awsome to go flying round cities looking at sports stadiums and airports, ships in harbour...so much to see !

Did you notice that Places/Sightseeing on the left side of the screen has some places to see ?

Last edited:
Will be great when they get it all done, There is one photo to the right of Houston that has clouds in it, you can see the shadows of the clouds on the ground....they must not have had a clear day there yet :lol:

Found the grand canyon, and the Great Wall is visible in China,...no detail but you can follow it :nod:

Check out Mt Everest as well, amazing glacier coming outta there

Hoover Dam

Attachments

• hoover dam.jpg
    hoover dam.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Reactions: w1sh
Bring it on !

violent-smiley-099.gif

Nice one. :thumb:
A mate I met at T in the park at the weekend had told me about this, but I was so drunk I forgot all about it.
:boozer:

heh, nice, tho im not gonna install this for a while, id waste too much time i know it :D
anyways, is area 51 visible in this?
on maps.google.com it says something like "we dont have imagery at this zoom level for this region" my ass :o

Sauron said:
heh, nice, tho im not gonna install this for a while, id waste too much time i know it :D
anyways, is area 51 visible in this?
on maps.google.com it says something like "we dont have imagery at this zoom level for this region" my ass :o

Just for you, lazy arse !! :P

Attachments

• Area51.JPG
    Area51.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 124