[Euro 2008] Prediction Thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

It's really unfair of you to all blame Ronaldo when he was actually trampled quite hard by that german guy, friedrich.

SHAME!

It's really unfair of you to all blame Ronaldo when he was actually trampled quite hard by that german guy, friedrich.

SHAME!

again: i didnt mean that foul.
i started looking the 2nd half after about the 54 minute, so it wouldnt surprise me if i missed it

Well ok so now that we are out of the EC ill say few things:

First i have to say that i never believed in this team and i always thought we would lose before 1/4's because i think choosing jorge ribeiro and letting Maniche out it was lame, also Caneira should be in the team, i dont think Simão is the best option when you have Nani or Quaresma in the bench ... Nuno Gomes is a shit striker he plays shit and only scored 6 goals in 45 games in Portuguese league and cup .

Second ive read alot of craps about Portuguese team... even without hopping them to win EC its my team, and either you like it or not they are good players, they play for the best teams in Europe either you want to see it or not, they are good players, yes you hate ronaldo cause he totally pwns your favorite player arse or team, but that means he is good... but ronaldo its 1 ... you have Nani, Simão Quaresma P.Ferreira Meira Bosingwa Deco Moutinho Veloso R. Carvalho Miguel they all play good and in good teams and in the first teams of their clubs...

Look at our latest results in international competitions ... we are always in the 8 best teams so its not bad at all ...

Now about your newbie coments

omg is ronaldo a crybaby.

Bart the cry baby is one of the best if not the best player in the world atm. name the last best player of the world your country gave to the world... or how many ...

i almost wish portugays should win so we can own them hard in 1/2 finals:boozer:

Well ... look @ history and try to figure out what would be the result ...

gg portugal

Sorry l33t guy, but face it your country sucks hard in footy ... lately youve done shit in footy competitions ... we have exemples in Euro Cup, World cup and well actually now that was a bad result for us was still better then your swedish squad so cut the crap and learn something from portugal nab

bye bye metrosexuals:puke::boozer:

Yup ... i agree ...

nvm man
there was every times 2 or 3 and some times 4 players on ronaldo, so he wanted to arrange some foul and also yellow cards for defenders! but ofcourse none cares about it!

Bart the cry baby is one of the best if not the best player in the world atm. name the last best player of the world your country gave to the world... or how many ...

Exactly tht's the typical arrogance why spain, portugal or even the dutch national team didnt win much.
You didnt get that soccer is a TEAM sport, dont you.

Anyway, that's not necessary. It's not a "show us your best player" showoff. THat's childish and useless. And what's teh point with that? :P

Anyway mate, no matter how good such a player is, i dont like drama queen.
It doesnt matter if he's maradonna or even better, i find those player ridiculous when they acts in that way.
No matter if he's portuguese, german or dutch. i dont like people who make more show than anything else.

Yes he's a good player, but also a guy who loves the show. Just look how the shoot the penatly in teh CL final. Look how he always stands there before he shoots a freekick. And look how he rolls around th pitch when he's touched. :nono:

Last edited:
btw i have one exam tomorow so fo :lol: I will study a bit more
Portugal lost his best opportunity in EC04 and now they lost Figo and Rui Costa, 2 of best players we had in last years so I didn't expected too much of this team this year after some stupid mistakes of Scolari and of team as well...

Portugal wasted so much possession by shooting from 1 mile out, crossing was very poor, but they did get 2 goals from crossing....

If felt they needed to do more through the middle and win freekicks etc

Anyway 1 of the best EC matches so far!! gg

It really dont matter who won tonight tbh as the winner of EC wasnt in that game tonight anyways.

Exactly tht's the typical arrogance why spain, portugal or even the dutch national team didnt win much.

Anyway, that's not necessary. It's not a "show us your best player" showoff. THat's childish and useless. And what's teh point with that? :P

It doesnt matter if he's maradonna or even better, i find those player ridiculous when they acts in that way.
No matter if he's portuguese, german or dutch. i dont like people who make more show than anything else.

Yes he's a good player, but also a guy who loves the show. Just look how the shoot the penatly in teh CL final. Look how he always stands there before he shoots a freekick. And look how he rolls around th pitch when he's touched. :nono:

The correct answer to his question is Franz Beckenbauer.

Who incidently knew how to play as part of a team :p:

yes you hate ronaldo cause he totally pwns your favorite player arse or team, but that means he is good... but ronaldo its 1 ... you have Nani, Simão Quaresma P.Ferreira Meira Bosingwa Deco Moutinho Veloso R. Carvalho Miguel they all play good and in good teams and in the first teams of their clubs...

thats why i said the other players names ... but i do agree with you ...

SHAME!

Okay, so basically that's what Ronaldo deserves for crying like a little girl every time a player's foot comes withi 5 meters of him. All those times he's pretended to be fouled and he finally gets fouled for like the third time in his life. He needs to stop being such a pussy and suck it up, and all the people trying to defend him and say "oh noes he got fouled!1!" need to stfu as well because it's not like he isn't the most overhyped showboating pussy football's ever seen and didn't deserve it.

The only problem is that the dutch showed very decent teamplay this cup. Good chance for em to finaly win something again.

Well ger - nl would be a good old times final. Hope both make it. The dutch way is a bit harder though atm imo

lol. That's such an invalid question. A better question is "When was the last time Germany produced a player that wasn't a well-rounded team player who devotes at least 5 minutes of each match to laying on the ground crying and runs around showboating like a little princess?"

I certainly can't remember one. Don't be jealous because Germany has produced more well-rounded team-oriented players. They play the game right most of the time and don't glorify one player all the time.

You just love to rub that in don't you? :P

after noticing that you reading this: YES ;)

Seriously, all those teams had very good squads with good individual players in previous tourneys, but failing somehow way too often against not so talented teams (like italy or germany).

So there surely was some lack of unity or some way of arrogance.
And again this time the NL and Spain looked very impressive, even as a unit. Remeber EC 2000 as NL was impressive and entered with a 6-1 win the semi finals. At the end they didnt win a thing. So it's always a chance that this hits a superior team.

And that's why i guess that croatia (if they win against turkey) will have a way hard time against germany this time.
The croat players have in their backhead: "ha, we owned the german team easily, the finale is almost secured".
Some kind of arrogance.

Last edited:
Also Bergkamp > > >>> Ronaldo. Somebody get that guy out of retirement.

Would be awesome to see NL vs Germany, Oranje has been tearing it up this cup so far, they'll make Russia look foolish and they can defeat Spain if they want to (Spain vs. NL would be match to watch, NL with +8 pt difference during group stages and Spain with +5) and Italy will just get owned by Spain anyways.