Does it make any difference which skin u use?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

There is a server mod which allows you to use ANY skin and if someone does'nt have the skin they dont need to download itthey just see u as a default model but u see yourself has whatever you like.

HeadCase said:
Just need to install clan skins on the match servers
70 different clan skins installed on every server? It would be a required download for everyone joining the servers. I can see 56k users happy with this, and mismatches online and... I'm afraid it's not happening.

Plus I believe it would be abused (let's make a skin with special marks to launch &/or colours to be spotted by teammates + 'other' advantages), which is the reason why
Paa` said:
There is a server mod which allows you to use ANY skin and if someone does'nt have the skin they dont need to download itthey just see u as a default model but u see yourself has whatever you like.
Valhalla Avatar (or whatever it's spelled) mod is not used for league.

surely u wud only need to add the skin server package for 2 clans in that match.... not have all 70 on all the timee. but it dont matter much, just thought it wud be funny lol

Differences I notice are:

1. Female skins/models require you to aim at different points on them when launching someone using a female skin/model - whether this is simply because the skin masks a uniform hitbox or not, I neither know nor care. :)

2. This is purely subjective from my point of view, but people using female models/skins seem to be able to move slightly faster than all other skins, irrespective of player skill ...

3. Warcow - model skin makes it hard to get headshots on it until you're used to knowing where to aim.

4. Skaarj - double tapping sideways performs a somersault/roll. This is the only skin/model which does this I think - this is why the skarrj skin can be a bastard to hit, not because it "lags" or anything. Again, a bit subjective, but the skaarj doesn't seem to go as far when hammerlaunching (self-hammerlaunch) or rocket launching someone using it...

Nekro said:
surely u wud only need to add the skin server package for 2 clans in that match.... not have all 70 on all the timee. but it dont matter much, just thought it wud be funny lol

yeah thats what I was meaning to say, not all at once, but maybe too much trouble to arrange for each match?

yeah it might create a problem if clans make very dark skins that are harder to see/hit. Probably only create more hastle than its worth.

/me sends out teh decoy with the bright red target on his chest ;)

Clan skins aint gunna work BUT

ONE standard skin for all matchs maybe to stop any so called "unfair advantages"

Paa` said:

ONE standard skin for all matchs maybe to stop any so called "unfair advantages"

thats a launchers dream is that you know that way where to aim on everyone is allways in same place

i was thinking design the entire skin, i mean like having the clan logo inprinted on the chest and back of a player :p

not re-design skins and colours etc

@Psy: Sorry I cant see any easy way around this problem, but I dont know much about the networking side of things yet so I cant say if theres a way to do this without a mod. All I can think other than that is just leave it to the players to have the force default models on or not.

Paa` said:

Well paa thats great idea but i wont stop using my skin just because ppl want to cause its my fucking matrix skin :D
About the topic:
Lets just say i use 2 skins Male Soldier - Warmachine - Matrix and female soldier - soldier - SARA , well in AS as lots of u know i use Matrix in CTFi i use or Matrix or SARA , the fact is when i use a diferent skin i notice ... why i dont know but i do ...
For exemple i cant play AS any good with SARA ( yeah i cant play any good with any skin lolol )

About diferences COW and Skar are diferent , rest are = except like some of u told in launchs aim , i do know that theres a launch that ppl say its only possible with only one skin...

yeah , i agree whit nekro.. it ownezz because it's easy to know for what clan he playes because there are so much fakenickers playing :o and if i play whit a nickname , than is it after one map : Lo Luwe .. lol dunno how they do that fffs :D learn me that how u see that , and if u don't do it :ban: :D

i dont know if thats considered a cheat or not but is it possible to see only one skin i.e. warmachine male skin? - like using default models but just one skin

There is no difference in the size of the hitbox between different skins, as they are simply that: skins. At the end of the day, that's simply a texture.

As for the different skins requiring different points to aim at to launch. To a certain extent this is true. I don't know how many people ever noticed that >ION< always played using the same skin: War Machine Male. There were several reasons for this:

1) It looks cool as fuck.
2) It gave the clan a uniformed look.
3) When is came to certain lauch on a certain map, the lauching player knew where to aim exactly on the model, coz we were all wearing the same. As someone already said, certain skins (mostly) female did require you to aim slightly differently, and when you need to complete a map in xx seconds it's a lot simplier if you know where to aim as easy as breathing.

Another one of those little tips/secrets not many clans knew about. (or if they did, didn't use)

Apocalypse said:
3) When is came to certain lauch on a certain map, the lauching player knew where to aim exactly on the model, coz we were all wearing the same.

>ION< did launches? Get outta town! :rofl:

And there was me thinking you won by always selecting Asthenosphere style maps and getting poor ace to run back and forth suiciding and throwammo'ing like some demented powder-monkey!

:D