Does it make any difference which skin u use?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Biebel

-)EaS*
Jan 27, 2003
Does it make any difference which skin u use? Do some of the standard skins + warmachine skin lagg more than other? I know that the Bosskins lagg , and u are easier to hit.

I also know that female skins need other aiming for suicide launches.

tbh I doubt that they need different aiming... the model looks different so it might seem so... but the hitbox is still the same afaik.

Yeah the hit area is the same on all skins so nalis, bosss, skaarj are actually taller than there hit area. But girl skins are smaller.

the ones i know to be laggy the most are nali and the xan mk2, dont think normal war machine lags at all tho (cept when i use it :P )

For snipers the easiest skin to hit is female as there heads stick out SO much.

imo female skins are 10 times harder to launch than male skins, so if you use a female skin and see me offering a launch dont even bother comming as sods law says your end up as a smudge against some wall somewhere

imho only the fucking cow is realy different ...his head is were his eweapon is ffs :S ? this thing is hard to snipe but it seems to be easy to minigun/flak it cos its fat ... but its fucking confusing

All the models have the same hitbox.... being harder or easier to hit is just a visual effect from other players view.
When he said female requires a different aiming to launch I think he meant to BE launched.

[offtopic]

Skaarj, Nali and Cow skins have certain advantages &/or they are buggy as hell. They should go imo.
Fortunately noone uses them (on matches thats is, but sometimes on publics).
And Xan's voice is annoying :P Not a very popular skin though.
All of them ^^ look childish and noobish as well.

[/offtopic]

I think a good idea would be a default model which every player has to use maybe in league games ? I dont mind something like that

RighteousFury said:
imho only the fucking cow is realy different ...his head is were his eweapon is ffs :S ? this thing is hard to snipe but it seems to be easy to minigun/flak it cos its fat ... but its fucking confusing

thats because the cow has the same hit box area as a human player - so the head is at the top

I nearly always play with 'force default models' turned on in the mod menu, then you never see skaarj/nalis/cows (until they die anyway)

weird thing is, if you do this and see a cow pick up the shield, the shield glow is cow shaped. Looks as funny as hell. Another good thing is you can wave goodbye to that lame skaarj side dodge move ;) Makes then much easier to hit imo

Force Default Models causes a lot of problems with those skins.

I tried to get rid of the skins on my 2vs2 server but keeping the voice packs (Skaarj's owns :D), not possible I think :\

Psychotic said:
Force Default Models causes a lot of problems with those skins.

I tried to get rid of the skins on my 2vs2 server but keeping the voice packs (Skaarj's owns :D), not possible I think :\

ever played on that moocow madness assault server? They have a mod that forces skins to be cow or skaarj. That seriously messes up when forcing default models.

Maybe theres a similar mod that stops people using skaarj skins but allows the voices?

Nah, deffo not adding a mod for it.

Take a look at multimesh.int

=======================================
[Public]
Object=(Name=MultiMesh.TSkaarj,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentPlayer,Description="Skaarj Hybrid")
Object=(Name=MultiMesh.TNali,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentPlayer,Description="Nali")
Object=(Name=MultiMesh.TCow,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentPlayer,Description="Nali WarCow")
Object=(Name=MultiMesh.SkaarjVoice,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.VoiceMale,Description="Skaarj Hybrid")
Object=(Name=MultiMesh.NaliVoice,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.VoiceMale,Description="Nali")
Object=(Name=MultiMesh.CowVoice,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.VoiceMale,Description="Nali WarCow")
Object=(Name=MultiMesh.TSkaarjBot,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.Bot,Description="Skaarj Hybrid")
Object=(Name=MultiMesh.TNaliBot,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.Bot,Description="Nali")
Object=(Name=MultiMesh.TCowBot,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.Bot,Description="Nali WarCow")
Object=(Name=MultiMesh.MultiMeshMenu,Class=Class,MetaClass=UMenu.UMenuModMenuItem)
Object=(Name=MultiMesh.TDMBonusPackMapList,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TDMmaplist,Description="Bonus Pack DM Maps")
Object=(Name=MultiMesh.CTFBonusPackMapList,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.CTFmaplist,Description="Bonus Pack CTF Maps")
=======================================

Tried removing the lines for the skins, keeping the voice packs...
Worked fine if you edit the file on your client, but on a server it still allows those skins, as long as "EpicCustomModels" is serverpackage.
If it's not, skins & voices won't work at all.

Yeah the multimesh.u contains info on the voices among other stuff. what about if you remove/rename the ints for the skins:

tskmskins.int = skaarj
tnalimeshskins.int = nali
tcowmeshskins.int = cow
skeletalchars.int = xan 2
skeletalcharsfix313.int = xan 2 fix

and also theres the server packages/actors list in ut.ini. You might get away just by removing some combination of package lines

ServerPackages=SkeletalChars
ServerPackages=SkeletalCharsFix313
ServerPackages=TCowMeshSkins
ServerPackages=TNaliMeshSkins
ServerPackages=TSkMSkins

may be some other as well. I cant test myself right now because Ive only one copy of UT installed atm, but I know if you join a public server and forget to change out of your clan skin it makes you appear as default soldier skin, but I dont remember about the voice...

Already tried all that.
It's easy to get rid of the skins+voices. I just wanted to keep the voice packs which seems not possible.

.int files modify ut menus (right?). Removing them won't get rid of the skins. Only on a non-dedicated servers, if you could play locally on the server, those skins wouldn't be eligible on your player config screen, but still clients can use them.
On my tests, the only serverpackage which prevented clients using these skins is "EpicCustomModels", but without it voices won't work either.

lol a clan skin for matches wud pwn lol, it wud be like football where every team had there own home/away shirt :p have ur clan logo on ur chest, haha pwnage!

Psy, Ive got to reinstall UT again sometime soon, so I can play around with 2 installs for a bit to see if i can find something that works and let you know

Nekro said:
lol a clan skin for matches wud pwn lol, it wud be like football where every team had there own home/away shirt :p have ur clan logo on ur chest, haha pwnage!

Just need to install clan skins on the match servers