Digifrag iAS Map List Poll - Additions!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Which of the following maps would you like rotated on the Digifrag iAS server?

• Athenosphere

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • AutoRIP

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Guardia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GuardiaAL

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • HiSpeed

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Lavafort][

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Oceanfloor

• OceanfloorAL

• Submarinebase][

• Don't put any of these in!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spirit

<b>*********.net Treasurer</b>
Jul 29, 2001
Cambridge, UK
These are the maps which are currently installed on the server but not in the map list. Please vote which ones you would like to see put into rotation. Again, please only vote if you intend to play on the server on a regular basis!

I will deal with customs in a week or two, once the league map list is sorted out :D

once again i wanted to vote for more than one, add votes too guardia, guardia-al and add a vote for vampire (even though it on the list its a FC map)

Sorry about only being able to vote for one - it's the only way the polls run, nothing I can do about it :o/ However, the poll should still give us a good indication of which ones to add in - if everyone picks their fav. map the most popular ones will still come out on top.

Ajax - I said we'll look at custom maps once we have got the league ones sorted :p: I'll start a new thread about customs in a few days once these have been decided :D

Originally posted by Spirit
Sorry about only being able to vote for one - it's the only way the polls run, nothing I can do about it :o/

Originally posted by slimshady
erm spirit did u see the option to have multiple answers?

Slim is right Dave :D You dropped a poll bollock.

I choose Asthenosphere because I think it's on of the best maps for instagib assault

Originally posted by Hugh(_I_)Jarse
Astheno and Lava, too maps that really are better in Insta.

they maybe better but they are still wank ias maps,come on arse how can you vote for lava2 for ias ? all any half decent def has to do is keep using the gate spawn and the offensive anit got a cat in hells chance, as for astheno that last section is just way to long for insta. Maybe they play ok in matchs (though not imo) but your not thinking about publics there is a lot less team play on publics therfore making it way to hard to complete these maps.

looks like iam gonna have to carry on using ictf servers for my insta praccy shame as i thought fellow insta players might have a clue what makes for fun maps :(

Hmmz, I would tend to agree with you Ajax however we have to listen to the majority opinion as that is the fairest way of approaching things like this. With the polls as they are it looks like Lava isn't going to make it onto the server anyway, although Athen is a clear winner! Don't let this stop you playing on the server though mate, the other poll suggests Overlord will be removed shortly, so we will only be replacing one spammy map for another ;)

If you really can't stand Athen, just leave the server and make a cuppa while it's running, but once we get a few decent customs on there too one map won't be a good reason for not using the server cos there will be 10 or 15 good ones :D

I've pld lava a few time in matches (will do again tonight) and it's always pld well, and usually less than 3 mins.

The difference in a match is thats its 4v4 which opens the map up alot.

The same goes for the Irish map Athen O'Sphere, 4 v 4 its much better.

well yeah i could go and make a cuppa i surpose, but its heart breaking to see one of the worst ias maps getting the most votes, i bet half the ppl who have voted anit ever played guardia-al as a insta map why ? cos no server runs it, if i wanted to play Athen i would be playing on jolt and orange ias servers. I was looking forward to some class maps making it in the map list with most of the bullshit ones removed as of upto now i anit seen a ias public server with what i would call a real ias map list, kinda was hopeing for it here. Well if the masses are content with being sheep then let em be happy, let em have their 30 mins of bridge 20 mins of athen 20 mins seige etc etc Lets leave all the fun maps out of it :(

Originally posted by Spirit
If you really can't stand Athen, just leave the server and make a cuppa while it's running, but once we get a few decent customs on there too one map won't be a good reason for not using the server cos there will be 10 or 15 good ones :D
ive done that for a long time now and its piss annoying tbh
was really hoping theres at least one server without this utter crap map :o

and i completely agree with aj ;)

I think arse had made a good point about the player limit. 4v4 spammier maps like athen are much better, 2v2 even better ;) Athen is a great map, good design and layout, its just, like guardia etc its too small (at least width wise) for 10 players :\

You don't have to worry about Overlord, that's going to be gone from the looks of the other poll. Seige is only rarely defended both ways when both teams are really good, and likewise with bridge. If the teams are too uneven then yes they will be defended full time, just like any other map, but thats an issue with the teams not the maps. Any map can be defended full time with bad teams, I think the problem is these maps have longer time limits therefore last longer in these scenarios :\

Ajax, there will plenty of opportunity to put some good customs in once we have sorted out the basic rota. Don't dispair yet ;) Getting this server running so everyone is happy is not gonna happen overnight, but it will happen, I promise you that :D

w000000t overlord still has less votes then "keep them all" so the majority want overlrod to stay:p: