Digifrag iAS Map List Poll - Additions!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Which of the following maps would you like rotated on the Digifrag iAS server?

• Athenosphere

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • AutoRIP

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Guardia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GuardiaAL

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • HiSpeed

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Lavafort][

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Oceanfloor

• OceanfloorAL

• Submarinebase][

• Don't put any of these in!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thing is i get sick of hearing about the lack of new maps on servers, then we get a chance to place some good ias maps and what happens smeging atheno gets the most votes, dave i anit given up hope yet iam waiting to see what new customs gets voted first.

IMHO, none of those maps should be on an insta server:

Athenosphere - of the lot, this is the "least bad" in insta. -)instaBiB(- record time here is 1:07 I think, but its basically let down by that spam-bait final doorway into the observation lounge, and the fact that the nearest spawn point for the attackers is about halfway back through the map. Which makes things a bit easy for the defenders.
AutoRIP - flat out wank map. Sorry to those who like it, but it is.
Guardia - -)instaBiB(- have actually won this map in 3 of 4 times we've had to play it when other teams chose it. But its way too spammy even on insta. And the spawnpoints make it hard to defend if an attacker kills you as they breach the lavabridge and you spawn way back at the cavern entrance.
GuardiaAL - see above.
HiSpeed - not enough pathing, and too many narrow corridors for defenders to spam. More boots might improve things though.
Lavafort][ - actually not bad on insta, right up until you reach the lift to get to the fort. At which point, if the defenders are even halfway awake, it just turns into another boring spamathon. Unless you play for ]»UC«[ and have cloud's patented slide-0-rama bot to help you get past tricky bits, or luwe's bot to help clear away the defence :whatever: ;)
Oceanfloor - boring spamathon because you're a sitting duck in the water.
OceanfloorAL - see above.
Submarinebase][ - Another flat out poo map for insta. Poor flow, restricted pathing, corridors too narrow = more mindless spam.

Not saying I could design better maps, but if you look at maps which are good for insta, like Riverbed]|[, you'll note they all flow well, are not cluttered with lifts and shit, have multiple attack paths and are relatively open. Good attackers will do well on these maps, and equally, so will good defenders. The maps listed above all confer an "unfair" advantage on the defenders usually, which makes for boring gameplay.

Last edited:
Personally, I couldn't agree more with everything Thur has said above. The exact reasons why I initially chose to leave the above maps out of the map list. Some of them are fantastic maps, just not suited to 4v4 or 5v5 iAS gaming imho…

Anyway, none of u bastards were on the server yesterday when I wanted to play :p:

Another solution would be to put more of the maps in, then have some sort of "skip" option on the server - ie if the majority of the people playing chose to skip the level they can vote, and cycle on to the next one… Similar to map-vote but instead of chosing a new map, it just moves on to the next one in the list. Anyone know of a server side proggy than can do this, and if it does exist what would people think to that option?

would be a nice option, your never gonna get everyone to think the same, ie thur hate guardia al yet i love it a simple skip option would own.

Originally posted by Spirit
Anyway, none of u bastards were on the server yesterday when I wanted to play :p:

Aye, sorry, I was playing UT2003 instagib last night! :D

And here's a wierd thing: I was getting an average ping of 40 in F6 on the Gameservers.net UT2003 servers - and I never get a ping that low on their UT servers... :shrug:

i have in my map list about hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
200 assault maps going back over 3 years, almost all the onse that didnt make it into the league are coz of launching or hammer jumping, now i know launching can be done in insta but its harder and some of these might be very good insta maps

ill have a look thru and see what i think might be good

thur i get a lower ping in UT2K3 (its a better instagib game anyway :P )

Ok I'm gonna put Athen in for now and see how it goes. Overlord has been removed so replacing one spammy map with another :p:

Originally posted by Bluey
i have in my map list about hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
200 assault maps going back over 3 years, almost all the onse that didnt make it into the league are coz of launching or hammer jumping, now i know launching can be done in insta but its harder and some of these might be very good insta maps

ill have a look thru and see what i think might be good

thur i get a lower ping in UT2K3 (its a better instagib game anyway :P )

lol rich what you think ajax, snuggles and me did this last 3 months :moon:

i vote for AS-Snowdunes :soon:

and i just wanted to say that i never had any major problem with astheno in iAS, not as much as overlord anyways

Originally posted by Spirit
Ok I'm gonna put Athen in for now and see how it goes. Overlord has been removed so replacing one spammy map with another :p:
one more server fucked :|

worse thing about this vote is everytime i go on the digifrag server i only see a couple or uc players rogue and a couple of noobs, a crap map been voted in by ppl who dont even use the server :(

oh well lets see if ppl can vote for custom maps with some thought behind it, though way last vote went i anit holding my breath.

Originally posted by jwer_NL
i vote for AS-Snowdunes :soon:

DO NOT put that map in!!!!! the long ramp sequance is impossible to get past, even harder then siege.

1) def spawns at top
2) u cant even launch in half way like siege
3) its much more climbing then siege

Originally posted by X-Bomb
DO NOT put that map in!!!!! the long ramp sequance is impossible to get past, even harder then siege.

1) def spawns at top
2) u cant even launch in half way like siege
3) its much more climbing then siege

Snowdunes if a FC map, however with the low-grav section as it is it will now be part of the cycle on digifrag. It's far to easy to defend, but we are working on that :D