Dear Gazzy

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

ufieconv1.JPG

ufieconv2.JPG

whatever lol

There seems to be a few ppl saying "Why ban him now?", "hes been quiet for ages". Yeah he has, until Saturday night, why he was quiet until then I will let ppl draw their own conclusions but it was his action Saturday night that were the final straw for me.

Ok so he and the rest of >ION< had fair reason to be pissed Saturday night, we messed em around. I'm not gonna get into any possible justification for that, if any valid one exists or not, since that is another agrument. I fully expected and accept the crap that ensued, Gazzy said in his statement that he thinks I portray -=]NRG[=- as "whiter than white", not at all. For the most part as a clan we are as bad as any other out there, things were so bad I virtually left a couple of weeks ago, there are posts on the private forum to this effect which I'm sure Martz will be happy to confirm. But like I said this isn't about which clan is the worst or whatever, this is about me and Gazzy.

Now like I said I could understand shit directed at us from >ION< on Saturday night, or for that matter on a number of other occasions, but it isn't about that. Gazzy took it to a whole other level. Flaming, saying you suck as a UT player, saying your lame for stalling cos you aint got a team, is all unfortunately an accepted part of the game :\ Hell I could listen to Gazzy telling me how much I suck all day long, most of my clan m8s do :lol: If it makes him feel better I'll happily except he's a better player than me, that I am never gonna deny. But Gazzy makes it personal, and it is that which pissed me off, it's not just me he's done it to either, but this arguement is simply between him and me. Now I deleted all his posts when I banned his account and in heinsight that was a bad idea since it deleted the post he made on Saturday night, which along with turning on my g/f was the final straw for me. I think Pika said it best in that thread tho, something along the lines of "I don't post here much, but you need telling that you are way outa line". The statement that I had in someway managed to convince or conn my friends into buying that tankard for me was beyond belief. His whole post was an attempt to make a mockery of the thank you thread I posted a while back, and I've got to ask why? Not once in that thread did I even remotely flame or attack anyone, it was a thank you to my friends, pure and simple, nothing more. But Gazzy felt he had to make a mockery of that, totally unprovoked, totally unrelated to any battles between -=]NRG[=- & >ION< and he chose to use it to attack me on a personal level, trying to make me out to be something I in no way am and to make a mockery of my friends. In addition to this knowing that I would just ignore him on ICQ he decides to try and get at me through my g/f, who of you here would stand for some1 giving shit to your partner?

So there's my justification, if any where needed. And like Eq said in the other thread, it isn't if he hasn't been warned and even given lighter punishments in the past, but he just keeps coming back. This may appear to have come from no where, but it hasn't.

In closing I'd just like to comment on a few things from Gazzy's statement:

Sheer Ego - I mean let's face it, surely it must be a bit of an egobooster to have hundreds of people constantly kissing your backside, whilst at the same time having the power to just drop the whole thing, or just their side of it.

Hi Kettle, my name is Gazzy, your black. I can't beleive you of all the people in this entire world are accusing me of being of being on an ego trip, why I can't beleive it I don't know, you never cease to amaze me. But lets just assume your correct, lets assume I do everything I do, cos I like a good arse kissing. So what? If what I do is constructive and for the benefit of many people, does my reasons for doing it even matter at all? So long as what I do is in the interests and benefit of everyone, then my motives are irrelevant, and if what I do isn't in the interests or for the benefit of anyone in particular then no one, I mean NO ONE, is forced to have anything to do with me, or anything I do.

Money - Phear was originally trying to make UTAssault a long-term money spinner, either from the work itself or picking up a job like Eavy did. Since it hasn't worked out that way, UT 2003 Assault mod or whatever it is, is his second attempt at it.

Your partly right, although only a small part. I initally started the league simply to give -=]NRG[=- and organised enviroment in which to play matches. Back then we played the odd match often on public servers and the whole thing was simply an unorganised mess. I wasn't the only one who had the idea of starting a league, I was just the first person to do it. Things just progressed from there to where they are today. With the league, the main site, LeagueAS or anything I never expected to get any money from them, to have expected to get any money from them would have been rediculous. Now with the mod we are working on with UT2003, I am in part hoping to start on a path towards earning a living from being a games programmer. I don't in any way expect our mod to earn any money, but I would like it to lead to something that might or maybe a career in games programming at some point. Are you gonna begrudge me my ambitions too?

Firstly, and on the same wavelength as Phear claims to be, why should we contribute anything when we get slagged off, nickfaked, flamed the lot, ALL the time by the people we'd be supposedly helping in the community?

I'm not asking you to contribute anything, and I have never asked anyone to contribute anything. All I have ever asked is be grateful for what I and others do, or don't do or say anything at all. You chose to attack me, I chose not to do anything for you anymore.

People flamed Eavy for "running away" once he went back to Epic and ditched the AssaultBonusPack. Why don't people flame Phear yet? Because he hasn't had the opportunity to run away yet, and that's the subtle but important difference.

I don't remember Eavy being flammed for running away? And if anyone did they were out of order. Eavy wen't cos he wasn't interested in Assault anymore, i'm still here because I am still interested, although that interest is disappearing fast atm. I haven't had the opportunity to run away? What opportunity do I need? I could shut of utassault.net, the league and anything else I've done in less than 1 minute from now and be gone forever, there is absolutely nothing stopping me.

Phear stepped down as a League Admin. It's for this reason that I and most other IONers in a personal context don't recognise the ban as "legal".

So if I did decide to shut it all down, would you not percieve that as legal either?

Phear stepped down as a League Admin. It's for this reason that I and most other IONers in a personal context don't recognise the ban as "legal".

I am just as responsible for the ban as anyone else, but I won't argue with anyone about it. What's done is done, and I can't pin this on 1 single instance - instead its the collective result of what you have done in the past until the present time.

You aren't worth the time Gaz, that's all I have to say on the subject.

Originally posted by Phear
The statement that I had in someway managed to convince or conn my friends into buying that tankard for me was beyond belief.

I'm in utter dispair at that, as I had no idea he'd said that until now..

The time, effort and money involved in organsiing that gift, was a tiny microcosm of the work Phear has put into this league.

No one needing conning or persuading, as some of us realise and appreciate the work Phear has done.

Well Gaz I've said my piece, you responded and I responded to your responce. Your now heading off down totally irrelevant lines (Saturday nights match), that has nothing to do with this, although you beleive they have, my only response is to say they haven't. In regards to that particular matter as I have already said it was a lame move in many respects, and I have no valid justification other than fighting lameness with lameness so to speak (if thats any justification at all). Either way this has nothing to do with what you said about me, and have done in the past, and if you are using it as your excuse for saying what you did, then well you took the fight outside the ring, and your arguement holds no water with me.

You are simply avoiding any points I raise or any of the reasons I chose to do this in the first place. I'm not gonna move from pillar to post with you for the rest of my days.

At the end of the day you cannot justify what you did, and you will not appologise (by your own admission), and even if you did it would be too late.

As for other peoples opinions, well let them judge me themselves, I am and always have been prepared to accept the concequences of my actions. As I said to Firestorm on ICQ, I'd be prepared to see everything i've done disappear to uphold this decision, if the community judges me to be in the wrong here, then it isn't a community I would want to be a part of.

I'd be prepared to see everything i've done disappear to uphold this decision, if the community judges me to be in the wrong here, then it isn't a community I would want to be a part of

Well I hope no-one calls your bluff :rolleyes:

:sleep: :nono:

Ok Phear its ur choice..but it has changed my views now.

its only a game...i thought UT was made for fun,and the league also for fun??

my words on this are....

its a game...!!..

Btw: i duno Gaz or phear..but this IS a personal matter between phear and gaz...phear u run UTA,yeh u pay for it,and ur time in it was good..but UTA was a league remem...just cos ur admin dont mean u can ban who you like...(im ready to be banned now):P

UT IS A FUCKIN GAME..IGNORE GAZ...IF HE WANTS TO ACT LIKE A COCK,LET HIM!...Or r ppl gonna stoop 2 his level?

Backs up wat ive bin finkin...UTA is goin shit..and bfore ppl go shouting go leave then..well...ive already been thinkin bout it!

http://www.elapid.co.uk/Tribute.swf
http://ut.clan-ion.com/files/matchlog.txt
http://ut.clan-ion.com/files/thank-you.txt

(utaBot1): 1:11 : -=]NRG[=- (6) : Phear -=]NRG[=-; @rr0w_-=]NRG[=-; GRZ_-=]NRG[=-; Laurie; Twonk_luvs_Gaz; ION=homos;
(utaBot1): 1:11 : >ION< (6) : Neo>ION<; Gazzy>ION<; (V)aelstrom>ION<; <=Ninja=>ION<; Grippo>ION<; Apocalypse>ION<;

(utaBot1): 16:00 : Gazzylovesthecock: you never said ballistic was real

(utaBot1): 2:16 : -=]NRG[=- (6) : GRZ_-=]NRG[=-; Laurie; Phear -=]NRG[=-; Gazzylovesthecock; Gaz_luvs_Twonk; @rr0w_-=]NRG[=-;
(utaBot1): 2:16 : >ION< (6) : Gazzy>ION<; Neo>ION<; RâMpâGe>ION<; (V)aelstrom>ION<; Grippo>ION<; <=Ninja=>ION<;

(utaBot1): 10:00 : Admin: ION 3 - 0 NRG
(utaBot1): 10:00 : Gazzylovesthecock: good counting man.... whew

(utaBot1): 10:00 : Gazzylovesthecock: added 1 to the score and everything
(utaBot1): 10:00 : Gazzylovesthecock: its amazing

What happend when some1 used the nick Pnear last time ?

When 30/30 used Pnear, I asked him to change and kicked him when he didn't. I was admining a 2v2 match at the time.

What does that have to do with this at all? What does Saturdays match have to do with this at all? Scorp was wrong for using that name and for posting what he did on the forums and he knows I think he was wrong. I was lame for delaying the match when we didn't have a full team. But what does either of those things have to do with this? That also seems to be Gazzys justification here too, but what he said had nothing to do with the match.

Phear - despite actually respecting you when I first started out in UTAS, I quickly realised that you see everybody as puppets who can be manipulated by tweaking a few strings. Putting your clan up to buying you a trophy said it all really.

I ask Gazzy or anyone to justify what he said there! I also ask him to justify saying anything at all to my g/f, no matter how bad he or I may think it is, can he or anyone else justify saying a single thing unpleasant at all to her?

It's not a difficult question really is it? Don't side step the point talking about how lame -=]NRG[=- we're Saturday night, either before or during the match, or by moving onto any other unrelated topic. Simply justify the need for both of those actions!

And I'm only asking him to justify what for me was the final straw, not even getting into everything thats gone before it.

I'm not justifying what he did in the past, nor am I saying that what he did in the past was reason enough for him to be banned.

What I am saying is, what has he done lately that is worse than many others have done ?

Some1 uses the nick Pnear and gets kicked, what is that wrong about Pnear ?
How come Pnear is so much worse than Gazzylovesthecock ?

What has Gazzy said lately to Ufie that was so bad ?
http://www.btinternet.com/~gareth.dr/conv/ufieconv1.JPG
http://www.btinternet.com/~gareth.dr/conv/ufieconv2.JPG
Nothing is said there about Ufie.
I'm not saying he hasn't said anything in the past, but what did he say in the last few days that was so bad ?

U r saying gazzy is banned for having no respect for the league, well one of ur fellow palyers is saying : (utaBot1): 6:00 : Gazzylovesthecock: retarded league and stuff like that to CS.

Maybe i am just missing something vital he said to u and I apologise if this is the case. But the way I see it, the only thing gaz said wrong was this.

Phear - despite actually respecting you when I first started out in UTAS, I quickly realised that you see everybody as puppets who can be manipulated by tweaking a few strings. Putting your clan up to buying you a trophy said it all really.

Has he insulted any1 on icq lately, has he flamed on the forums latetly except for that 1 small piece there ?

About delaying the match, I respect you for admitting it. Not all of us were that angry about it, but Apoc who was w8ing to be a sub for 4 hours was understandably a bit rustrated and may have a said a few things in the heat of the moment which isn't like him. Ninja and Inq stayed up a lot later than they would have liked, etc.

Last edited: