Dead Space!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

"jedem das seine peter" but if you dont understand the rules dont blame the game :p:

EDIT: @ Foo: Yeah it is but the latest fanpatches/mods take care of pretty much everything and even restore stuff that didnt make it into the gold RC for timing issues...

Last edited:
Controls for dead space are fine on the xbox, but i can imagine they take some getting used to on the pc!

And yeah i actualy played DeusEx1 again last week too :lol: its like the 6th time or so and i still uncovered more secret areas/hidden stuff, flavour text etc... incredible imo ! System Shock 2 is always good for another run as well!
Ye DeusEx 1 is still one of the best shooters outthere. THe amount of different ways and possibilities how you can achieve an objective are unreachable. Ontop you've an complex, epic story. And you can configure your character in many many ways.
I am still pissed that they screwed part2 so completely up. :mad:

i'm ashamed to admit, that i never played System Shock 2. Played the demo, which i liked, but never played the fullversion. :sofa:
have to play it in the near future. :D

Another game that looked quite cool from teh demo was AvP2. Never played that one aswell :(

Last edited:
I am still pissed that they screwed part2 so completely up. :mad:

Well if your fair its still a decent shooter with some RPG elements and a pretty good story for a shooter :P But its just not Deus Ex-ish enuff for a Deus Ex game!

Well no fear part 3 will be here (sooner or later) and from what i saw/read its gonna be a real deus ex this time!

Nice detail about Dead Space... if you beat it you get some better Suit and weps and can slaughter the shit outa the game the next run :satan:

Yeh, well you can buy stuff during the game and upgrade the suit etc

The weps in this game are cool, bit different to your usual shotgun, mingun, rocket launcher etc :P

Well yeah surprisingly... normaly games without miniguns are crap and those with many different ones are great. Thats y the fallout series is so uber!

Minigun, Avanger Minigun, Vindicator Minigun, Gattling Laser, Gauss Minigun !!! ...

I've been playing this game myself for a bit now (am in chapter 4 i think) and so far it's a great game imo. The thing that surprised me is that the plasma cutter (the 1st gun you'll get) is pretty much the best 1. I also bought the line gun, the pulse rifle, the ripper and the flamethrower, but these weapons just dont seem that great.

Line gun: This gun is really good, but i never get much, if any, ammo for it, so i just keep saving my ammo for the tough spots.

Pulse rifle: Although it's descent, it just pisses ammo away, without doing much damage

Ripper: Allthough i think this is a really cool weaponit didnt seem all that useful to me

Flamethrower: This thing is just all wank. Doesnt do much damage and also uses a lot of ammo to actually do that bit of damage

So my question is, do I get some more useful weapons? Cause now it seems like using nothing but the plasma cutter would be a good, although slightly boring, idea.

well tbh, money doesnt seem to be much of a factor in this game so far. Most enemies drop more ammo than it takes to kill them. So all I needed to buy so far is (useless :P) weapons and new suits. The limited amount of item slots really starts to irritate me

Line gun is quality, agreed it doesnt hold much ammo, but i always seen have ammo for it which has been dropped by some nasty. I added one upgrade to the line gun and now it takes both legs off etc with one shot np, with the usual enemies at least

Plasma cutter is alright but not that powerful i find, unless you upgraded the hell out of it?

Ripper i thought was cool, you can cut stuff up with it quite quickly i found but agreed that on certain enemies its not as effective.

Pulse rifle i cool but yeh you need to use a lot of ammo with it to kill stuff!

Not bothered with the flame thrower as i suspected it may be shit :P I have a schematic for the contact beam but ive not got to a shop yet to load it in, same with the level 3 suit!

Sounds like we are at a similiar point, im on chapter 4 somewhere, i dont have time to play it enough atm :P

Still imo its a quality game, one of the best ive pld for ages!

Line gun is quality, agreed it doesnt hold much ammo, but i always seen have ammo for it which has been dropped by some nasty. I added one upgrade to the line gun and now it takes both legs off etc with one shot np, with the usual enemies at least

Plasma cutter is alright but not that powerful i find, unless you upgraded the hell out of it?

Ripper i thought was cool, you can cut stuff up with it quite quickly i found but agreed that on certain enemies its not as effective.

Pulse rifle i cool but yeh you need to use a lot of ammo with it to kill stuff!

Not bothered with the flame thrower as i suspected it may be shit :P I have a schematic for the contact beam but ive not got to a shop yet to load it in, same with the level 3 suit!

Sounds like we are at a similiar point, im on chapter 4 somewhere, i dont have time to play it enough atm :P

Still imo its a quality game, one of the best ive pld for ages!

iz you drunk?