Dead Space!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

sneez

Jun 11, 2001
A survival horror game made by Electronic Arts. The graphics are WOW! really nice , atmosphere is good too and there is actually a storyline.

I bought it today and I'm not dissapointed so far.

From wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Space
Dead Space is a third-person survival horror-action video game, developed by EA Redwood Shores for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Microsoft Windows. The player takes on the role of an engineer named Isaac Clarke, who battles a polymorphic virus infection called the 'Corruption' which turns the crew members into 'Necromorphs', which are grotesque alien like creatures on board a stricken interstellar mining ship.[2]

Gonna try it more tonight if time allows :P

Game looks nice, not to mention that the beginning of the 2nd video reminds me of an X-Files episode :D

Just got it today, played it a bit on the 360 earlier and its good. Very tense atmosphere, bit similiar to Doom 3 but the game play feels better. Graphics are really nice, lighting and shadow effects are very well done.

Its cool the way the energy bar is on the suit and the inventory screen projects itself in front of the character.

Anyway ive only played for an hour or so but if you like this genre, this is a good one :thumb:

pitty they did that as a 3rd person shooter. imho first person is always more intense. :\

It's more like a mix of Third and First person, most of the time you will be holding your weapon which gives a 'crosshair' and makes it more like a FPS. I'm still playing this game when I got time and when it's not night, one of the best single player games ever imo. At start it reminded me of Resident Evil but it got elements of System Shock 2 aswell. Also a great atmosphere.

since years i am on the search for a real horror game now.
Doom3 started to bore me after some time. And unlike most i didnt find FEAR very scary.
And after i saw the trailer here, Deadspace looked like too much action :\

But maybe this game is a worth horror candidate .

Offtopic: started to play DeusEx1 again. Although i finished it many many times before, the freedom, story and overall gameplay still flashes me. :)

Last edited:
since years i am on the search for a real horror game now.
Doom3 started to bore me after some time. And unlike most i didnt find FEAR very scary.
And after i saw the trailer here, Deadspace looked like too much action :\

But maybe this game is a worth horror candidate .

Offtopic: started to play DeusEx1 again. Although i finished it many many times before, the freedom, story and overall gameplay still flashes me. :)

Yeh DeusEx was brilliant. I also really like F.E.A.R a lot, but i didnt find it scary, only occasionally creepy, still really enjoyed playing it.

Dead Space is a very good game imo, it is scary and i think its a lot better than Doom 3, although i really couldnt handle Doom 3 after like 3 levels, stressed me too much :lol: . Id give Dead Space a go at least Bart, see what you think ;)

Last edited:
I just ordered the game and will prolly get it sometime this week :!ola: Really looking forward to play this.

And to bart, when you say you are looking for a "real horror game" I assume you mean a game that really scares you? If you do, i dont think you'll ever find 1 tbh. It are games, the graphics (allthough they're getting better ofc) will always keep your fear down. And even besides that, it's hard enough for a movie to scare moest ppl.

the most scary game i've ever played is "The Thing" inspired to the horror movie

ye graphics are crap but still sounds, sudden movements and scary atmosphere pwned :scared:

I didn't play it really far yet (because I'm a chicken). But so far I played for about an hour. The scary parts are countless, yet the amount of creeps to shoot are minimal. It's very atmospheric. I try to peek around every corner while holding my gun with very little ammo. (easy mode is for pussy's.) Then when you least suspect it you got some iriqious pliskin in your back.

I didn't play it really far yet (because I'm a chicken). But so far I played for about an hour. The scary parts are countless, yet the amount of creeps to shoot are minimal. It's very atmospheric. I try to peek around every corner while holding my gun with very little ammo. (easy mode is for pussy's.) Then when you least suspect it you got some iriqious pliskin in your back.

same with me.
I even played it without sound, so I'm not as jumpy/scared. :scared:
Plus its not really meant to be played full sound when I'm supposed to work and people can hear it from outside the office pretty clear.
Gonna play it more with sound later on I suppose. :)

Vampire Bloodlines with unofficial patches owns atmosphere!

And yeah i actualy played DeusEx1 again last week too :lol: its like the 6th time or so and i still uncovered more secret areas/hidden stuff, flavour text etc... incredible imo ! System Shock 2 is always good for another run as well!

About Dead Space. Its totaly for single player. The story is decent and its even long for a "shooter" these days (cought republic commando lol). Then again the controlls sux a bit on PC, i dno about the consoles version so

Vampire Bloodlines just got removed from my Hard drive.
Couldn't really stun me in any way, storyline, graphics, gore, scaryness or whatever... It's killing vampires over and over and over, and sometimes you need to kill these legless fuckahs or human beings.
Worst part of Bloodlines are the weapons, allthough they look funny (like swinging with an arm) there is no significant difference in damage. Like the axe only got 1 more damagepoint then the arm :wtf:

Anyhow, i'd love to play this game, but PC gives me a deffo NO! Hopefully when i'm through my first period at my new job i can finally manage to buy me a new one.

Last edited:
It's also available for xbox360 and ps3. Controls need to get used to on pc yes, but it moves perfectly fine imo.

Vampire Bloodlines just got removed from my Hard drive.
Couldn't really stun me in any way, storyline, graphics, gore, scaryness or whatever... It's killing vampires over and over and over, and sometimes you need to kill these legless fuckahs or human beings.
Worst part of Bloodlines are the weapons, allthough they look funny (like swinging with an arm) there is no significant difference in damage. Like the axe only got 1 more damagepoint then the arm :wtf:

Anyhow, i'd love to play this game, but PC gives me a deffo NO! Hopefully when i'm through my first period at my new job i can finally manage to buy me a new one.

V: Bloodlines is a great, great game. The hotel level was way cool the first time through. The thing aboutt that game is that it was incredibly bugged. Really, really, really bugged. But it was still worth playing.