Cute animal. WARNING BIG ASS SPIDER

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

They're bigger momma's then I've seen tho. Seen small specimens of those simular to these. Quite toxic too.

Well I'm arachnophobic but I also looked at this thread with the edited title. Weird.

I'm never going to Australia cos I've heard of funnel-web spiders. People who believe monsters don't exist should have a look at those things. And alligators.

hehe, well theres tons of other stuff much worse than those two down there.And afaik there r no aligators there, might be wrong.

Lol no I mean alligators are monsters, not alligators are in Australia. Though they'll probably move down there now Ive given them the idea. Bastards :mad:

Useless said:
Lol no I mean alligators are monsters, not alligators are in Australia. Though they'll probably move down there now Ive given them the idea. Bastards :mad:

LOL, the crocodilian family is usually split up in "gharials", "alligators and caimans" and "crocodiles"... 2 species of Crocodiles life down under, the freshwater and the saltwater crocodile, the freshy is a smaller fish eater and mostly harmless, the salty eats everything in sight, so if ur in sight off one, ur on the menu :)

They only live in parts of australia though, and they are not scary, they are impressive :)

Thought martz would be posting in here :spider:

Guess you fags have never seen a Theraphosa blondi (Goliath bird eater) they grow upto 25cm (some even 28cm) and they eat meat (small snakes, mice... ect)

4453.jpg

Theraphosa_blondi-F2.jpg

Took people long enough to post a Goliath :)

Biggest spider in the world, bite compares to a bee-sting... most tarantula species are quite docile, i had one on my hand once, was a great experience! impressive creatures, too bad they are usually misunderstood

Apocalypse said:
Not fucking funny.
Imagine your greatest fear and then one click of a link later it's on your face, full screen, large as life.

Took me about 5 secs to load the picture

Apocalypse said:
Nah, didn't have any reaction at all to that pic, prolly coz I know off hand it's fake.

As for spiders, it's really wierd:

I can't go into the Insect Houses at the zoo, or watch films like 'Arachnaphobia' or 'Eight Legged Freaks'. I also had to turn away during the scene with the spiders in 'Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets', but the scenes with Shelob (possibly the biggest spider in a film ever) in LOTR:ROTK didn't have any effect (possibly coz I was enjoying the film so much).

But for the any 'real' spider (from something as big as a Wolf spider, to the common household spider), or even a picture of one it's a different story, just can't help feeling afraid when I see them, and typically, the faster they move, the more of a fright I get.

My wife is the same, albiet, she practically passed out when Shelob appeared in LOTR.

was it couse of sumat happened when you were a kid?

Yeah but for some reason spiders seem different to tarantulas. Tarantulas are more like big hairy versions - more like a sort of animal. Still scary and horrible but not black, jaggy and unpredictably fast, which are some of the main things people hate about spiders.

I still live with my parents who have decided to move house. I just got back from going to the new house to clean it out before we move in. I had the job of pulling down the curtains and I'm not joking - these things are unbelievable. The people before us have clearly never, and I mean NEVER, cleaned behind them or even moved them to look. Two dead yellowy spiders attached to the curtain rail, and one black, big one which scurried away into the corner, nearly touching my hand in the process. Even though I was wearing big fuck-off gardening gloves I still nearly vomited. I hate spiders fs. And I've still not got all the curtains down :(