Cup Final: Team.XB vs Team.Wish!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Congrats to Team.Wish, who won comfortably 8-2 :clap: Commiserations to Team.XB, stay tuned for the match report which will come when I've stopped vomiting :hangover:

:party::party::party::party: Team.Wish 2009 Assault Cup Champions! :party::party::party::party:

gg, shame about the quality of the final =/

I feel partly to blame since I have been busy all week and today was really the only day we could field a team, XB gave me a few other days, so felt kinda bad when Yako didn't show, altho at the end of the day XB did agree on this date

I have demos of every map from all 3 games if anyone would like me to upload them, the demos v team Salva are probably the best though since that was the highest quality game, imo

Well pld to XBs team for making it to the finals!!

Well I was hoping team wish would beat the team that beat us.

However, when I found out yako wasn't in the server for 3 maps I knew it was over. IMO, It didn't matter who replaced yako, team xb obviously gave up after 3-0, I would have also, 3-0 in 10 minutes or something? What's the point if one of your key players is missing.

GG to wish for winning, but I was hoping for such a better game, and I'm sure it would have been closer!

yes we showed fight in first map ballistic holding well 5v4, but unfortunately 2-0 and 3-0 followed. (i really do believe on ballsitics performance we would have taken wish all the way with a 5v5)
we had a mini revival when pete subbed in so we could play 5v5 and we won autorip comfortably. after this losing siege with 3 secs left killed us completely. i tried my best to keep our morale up (i thought we had a much better team wth pete in) but it felt like i had lost control of the team...the previous 2 matches were so much more controlled, everyone did their part and we worked well as a team...this was far from. comms went out the window and it was like even tho we were playing...we were just playing to lose.

In the end i agreed the date with wish and im not sure what happened to yako. I still feel we could have shown a better fight.

I would be lying if i said it was a gg, because it definately wasnt under these circumstances. Thats by no means taking anything away from team.wish who did the job and just got on with it.

wish dirz bn toone sneez and blade now have 7 days to contact me with their paypal email

preferably via irc so its "live"
if not via forum pm or email

also i cannot vouch for nrgs 5 euro only my said 10

Last edited:
wish dirz bn toone sneez and blade now have 7 days to contact me with their paypal email

preferably via irc so its "live"
if not via forum pm or email

also i cannot vouch for nrgs 5 euro only my said 10

Ill see if NRG wants to put forward his money still.....but he hasnt been around and didnt play the cup!

It's a shame it end like this but hey that's part of the game!

gg and even tho i didn't play in it, congrats to XB for this cup was very fun to follow -
thx also for utv (od, disc and otherz), reports by useless and shoutcast by sebastien :P)

mb next cup if i'm not busy i might play in it :D

Its a shame it maybe didnt get the epic final that was deserved, i felt the big gap between our semi final and final games was suxxy and we showed none of the teamwork that saw off some decent sides, coupled with yak not being avail i just couldnt get going at all, i would have prefered a reschedule to a sub, but thanks to pete for joining and seeing the game through with us.

Thnx to XB for the cup, and all those that contributed with teams, predictions, reports, UTV, servers and shoutcasts to make probably the most covered / talked about / controversial set of UTA games for ages. wp all involved <3

Last edited:
Well, I've been diagnosed with gastric flu and have now missed two full days of college. So ill I can hardly open my eyes but goddammit I will try to have the report done by the end of today while it's still fresh in people's minds :chainsaw:

I have demos of every map from all 3 games if anyone would like me to upload them, the demos v team Salva are probably the best though since that was the highest quality game, imo

if you could upload them to humyo, that would rock.
I would love to watch them!
the folders are in place, etc

thx in advance man!

@ useless: get well soon, dude!

i just thought i'd google you a bunny to cheer you up.
apparently google knows how to cheer guys up. didn't show me one animal :lol:
bunny.jpg

For posterity -
winner2.jpg

Congratulations to everyone on Wish's team!

...and well done to xb for a well-run cup :thumb:

demos from all 3 games are up, not in the corresponding folders tho i messed up the uploads lol. all 3 rar files are on there though (takis website)

remember anything you might see in the chat box was said under heated gaming conditions! :lol: