console

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

imo the only genres where PCs are better than consoles are fps and rts (because of the mouse/keyboard as well as online content)
some would say rpg aswell but i disagree (just my preference, i prefer turn-based)

anyway, about the mouse/keyboard: this advantage won't last much longer, only until developers actually start supporting the mouse/keyboard
also, about online content: xbox live has already shown that online content can work quite well on consoles

so, uhh, neener neener :p:

Last edited:
and about the gfx

a console may not be able to compete late in its life but the first 1.5 to 2 yrs generally produce superior gfx because devs can actually optimize their game unlike with pc game where they have to worry about ppl with shitty PCs as well as uber PCs

and because of this a console game will almost never crash/freeze

The only downside is that half the games are wank kiddie games aimed at 8 year-olds and played by grown men.

really?

let's take a look at the best-selling console games from 2002

Rank / Platform / Title / Publisher / Released / Average Price
1 / PS2 / Grand Theft Auto: Vice City / Rockstar / Oct '02 / $49
2 / PS2 / Grand Theft Auto III / Rockstar / Oct '01 / $50
3 / PS2 / Madden NFL 2003 / EA / Aug '02 / $49
4 / GBA / Super Mario Advance 2 / Nintendo / Feb '02 / $29
5 / PS2 / Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec / SCEA / July '01 / $24
6 / PS2 / Medal of Honor Frontline / EA / May '02 / $50
7 / PS2 / Spider-Man: The Movie / Activision / Apr '02 / $45
8 / PS2 / Kingdom Hearts / Square EA / Sept '02 / $49
9 / Xbox / Halo / Microsoft / Nov '01 / $48
10 / GC / Super Mario Sunshine / Nintendo / Aug '02 / $49

hmmm, i count only 3 games that could be considered "kiddy", one of which is a re-release of a classic

now let's take a look at the top selling PC games from 2002

Rank / Title / Publisher / Average Price
1 / The Sims: Vacation / Electronic Arts / $29
2 / Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos / Vivendi Universal / $57
3 / The Sims / Electronic Arts / $42
4 / Medal of Honor: Allied Assault / Electronic Arts / $45
5 / The Sims: Hot Date / Electronic Arts / $29
6 / Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone / Electronic Arts / $27
7 / RollerCoaster Tycoon / Infogrames / $19
8 / The Sims: Unleashed / Electronic Arts . $29
9 / Neverwinter Nights / Infogrames / $54
10 / Zoo Tycoon / Microsoft / $27

i think i see a certain trend here, it seems the sims, a game that can easily be played by an 8 year old, dominates the list
and would you look at that, no mature rated games (compared to 3 on consoles). How odd.

i'm sorry, i didn't mean to sound condescending but i thought it would help point out how uninformed you are and why you shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion :D

Originally posted by Inferno

1 / PS2 / Grand Theft Auto: Vice City **better on pc**
2 / PS2 / Grand Theft Auto III **better on pc**
3 / PS2 / Madden NFL 2003 **crap sports game**
4 / GBA / Super Mario Advance 2 **wank kiddie game**
5 / PS2 / Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec **shit rip off of need for speed
6 / PS2 / Medal of Honor Frontline **mohaa on pc is better**
7 / PS2 / Spider-Man: The Movie **shitty kiddie game**
8 / PS2 / Kingdom Hearts **never even heard of that one fs**
9 / Xbox / Halo **would have been better on pc, but wank anyway**
10 / GC / Super Mario Sunshine **wank kiddie game**

1 / The Sims: Vacation **thats a fucking add-on pack fs**
2 / Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos **good, but not as good as the original**
3 / The Sims **bought by teenage girls**
4 / Medal of Honor: Allied Assault **fucking amazing fs**
5 / The Sims: Hot Date **add-on pack bought by teenage girls**
6 / Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone **bought by single mums for kids**
7 / RollerCoaster Tycoon **I'd love to see an 8 year old play that fs**
8 / The Sims: Unleashed **not a game fs, it's an add-on pack**
9 / Neverwinter Nights **amazing game fs**
10 / Zoo Tycoon **which retarded fucker bought that?**

is it fuckkers like, need for speed are arcade style racing games and play nowt like the GT games. Racing games on the pc are a sore point with me i got a fucking amazing forcefeedback wheel which is a better controler than any i have seen on a console yet all the big racing games come out on console. Even more amazing is the thick ppl who say racing games are better on consoles, Bah like i say the pc has some FC forcefeedback stuff which makes games like this tens times better on pc if only ppl would write the games for it. Only type of game also you missed thats better on pc is the flight sim iam currantly having great fun with il2 FB online.

Last console i bought was n64 which is currently dead it melted lol

i prefer pc's because the games are of a more grown up nature and i really prefer mouse / keyboard and monitors compared to control pad and tv with consoles.. most consoles dont have a really big online section so ur stuck with 1-3 mates playing offline like a small lan.. where as anytime of the day or night i can turn my pc on and go play unlimited amount of people in a online interactive game be it fps / rpg or anything else

2 / PS2 / Grand Theft Auto III **better on pc*

the only thing better about them on pc is the higher resolution
otherwise they are exactly the same

:lol:have you even played the game?

1 / The Sims: Vacation **thats a fucking add-on pack fs**

your point is?

zzzz cba to do anymore:P

Originally posted by Paa`
Last console i bought was n64 which is currently dead it melted lol

i prefer pc's because the games are of a more grown up nature and i really prefer mouse / keyboard and monitors compared to control pad and tv with consoles.. most consoles dont have a really big online section so ur stuck with 1-3 mates playing offline like a small lan.. where as anytime of the day or night i can turn my pc on and go play unlimited amount of people in a online interactive game be it fps / rpg or anything else

you have to try xbox live. There are already 1milion xbox live user over the world
And gues what end of the summer the ps2 and GC are online also;)

woah, 1 million. wooooooo.

Let's try and count how many PC gamers are online eh?

i'm not even going to bother anymore

if you're too damn moronic to understand that consoles and PCs each have advantages than i won't be able to change your mind

ignorance is bliss, i guess

Dam, where to start! lol

2 / PS2 / Grand Theft Auto III **better on pc**

In fact, there much worse on the PC. The game is FULL of bugs (and still is), the engine is VERY badly ported, the engine runs slow even on fast PC hardware. The list goes on with GTA. Its a very bad port and much better on the PS2.

The only advantage to the PC verson is the higher res, but that doesnt make up for the rest of the crap

How can Gran Turismo be a rip off of need for speed? There not even the same type of game! There both on the extreme ends of racing games. NFS is a total arcade game (altho NFS 5 was party a racing sim) where GT is a totaly racing sim.

If you think there the same, think that means UT must be a rip off of quake huh? Must mean morrowwind and zelda are rip offs of final fantasy!

See how much bullshit that is? Thats what you going on, and its clearly crap.

8 / PS2 / Kingdom Hearts **never even heard of that one fs**

And that comment shows you know nothing about consoles full stop, as thats a WELL known RPG game for the PS2.

This one shows you know nothing about PCs, as halo IS coming out on the PC, sometime in july infact.

Halo was due to be released on the PC a couple of years back, but it got delayed and no doubt MS put some money in to get it on the x-box first, but Halo is a PC game at heart, it was built for the PC first, but thats what happens when a money hungry crap team makes a game. Delay after delay.

6 / Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone **bought by single mums for kids**

Maybe because it is a game aimed at kids? What you expect?

3 / PS2 / Madden NFL 2003 **crap sports game**

'crap sports game'? Thats the best flame you could come up with? Oh yeah, should i expect better from a 13 year old fuckwit?

beat me to it baha:lol:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one shows you know nothing about PCs, as halo IS coming out on the PC, sometime in july infact.

Halo was due to be released on the PC a couple of years back, but it got delayed and no doubt MS put some money in to get it on the x-box first, but Halo is a PC game at heart, it was built for the PC first, but thats what happens when a money hungry crap team makes a game. Delay after delay.

imo halo is over rated anyway