Clan Tags in Player Names

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Phear

The all powerful W|G!
May 27, 2001
Birmingham, UK
Please please please do not put your clan tag in your Player Name, or if you already have done please remove it.

Eventually the database will be used to authenticate you in league matches and if you have your clan tag in you name it will cause a lot of problems. I also don't recommend using non alpha numeric characters in your names either.

You can change whats in the .ini file anyway, but eventually those settings will be used to authenticate you against the player database. So the clan tag entry must match your clan in the league and the player name entry must match your player name in the league dB. This is why you shouldn't put you clantag in your player name :)

Just wondering how is this thing gonna work ? I mean what is the server supposed to check when u enter ?

so no longer can i use my 1337 names...:(?

Use ur head, lol
It will check ur ini file and compare that name to the one in the database, if there is no match it will prolly e-mail an admin..

In the first few weeks the admin will hav loads of e-mails like.

Warning player Rel@x is playing as Relax, etc

erm, may i ask what's the fuckin use of this system, ive got half a keyboard of namebinds so, not my fault if i accidentally jam yer mails:D

Originally posted by Natsi
erm, may i ask what's the fuckin use of this system, ive got half a keyboard of namebinds so, not my fault if i accidentally jam yer mails:D
:hm: My first guess would be, that they want to stop the mercing with this system

Well guessed Ice :D

Natsi eventually you wont get into a match without being authorised, who said anything about emails.

Anyway LeagueAS has its own registered player name and clan tag options, its these which will be used (if you'd bothered to installed the client package you would have found this out), not whatever wierd and whacky player name you use on publics.

_ isn't Alphanumeric, alphanumeric characters are just letters and numbers. Theres nothing to stop you using non alphanumic characters, I was just warning you they may cause problems.

well how is this gonna stop mercing... i mean you can always change your name in ut rite?

what about ppl playing in 2 clans at the same time then?

and btw it was ace who said something bout emails:D

Originally posted by Phear
Well guessed Ice :D

Natsi eventually you wont get into a match without being authorised, who said anything about emails.

Anyway LeagueAS has its own registered player name and clan tag options, its these which will be used (if you'd bothered to installed the client package you would have found this out), not whatever wierd and whacky player name you use on publics.

_ isn't Alphanumeric, alphanumeric characters are just letters and numbers. Theres nothing to stop you using non alphanumic characters, I was just warning you they may cause problems.

Thx for clearing that out Phear :D. And i bothered to install the server and client package.:)

Natsi, you may have noticed that you have a password for the League and if you'd installed the client package you would have seen LeagueAS also has a field for Registered Password :)

btw this is part of an anti merc system not one in its own right.

yeah i guess there is a pw field yeah:D

don't get a shit.. so if I don't have the "real name" and try to enter the match.. what hapens then? I have lots of names fs...
and i'm registered with this 1 $øldíërßøÿ :D
non alpha numeric characters
what kind of problems can I get with this name?

hmm.. don't see what the point with this thing is... don't like it at all!! :shout: fs if it gets more complicated i'll stop playing in this league and join some clan in some other because this sux:(

Last edited: