Can We Vote....

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

F

Fear ION

Can you all find a sec to give a simple "YES" or "NO"

Topic:
Should the current league scoring system change to something like 'Wireplay UT Assault League' www.wput.co.uk/assault/rules.html which basically is the 3/1/0 scoring and table structure like Football..

So Please ONLY vote

"Yes" = I want change

"NO" = I'm happy the way it is

Fear>ION<

I think we are still discussing it, let Phear and the other admins decide if there should be a vote, and I think we should adjust the current system not completely change to what u suggested

Nope sorry

Sorry guys, we spent a long time discussing a system before, and we put a lot of effort into changing it then. Sorry but we're not going through it again. This was agreed to be the best all round system, and I still think it is. But my opinions aside we can't change the system every few months. I'm not against tweaking it a little here and there if nessacary, but I'm not going to go ahead with a full scale change.

Sorry.

Thanx

Re: Nope sorry

Just give them x.. happy? Heh... guess what I wrote!

Vote

YES

If enough People vote yes then Phear im afraid you will have to change the points system. :) customer is always right

Re: Vote

errr NEO are you paying me anything? NOPE! So i'm afraid not, if everyone gives me £10 then I'll happily change it anything ya like, hell gimme £100 and I'll make sure it works out so ya top all the time, even if ya lose :lol:

The customer is always right, but you aint a customer.

Thanx

Re: Vote

Client, end-user, recipient of service, all different terms for customer (just in a different sense).

If there were no players (or clans) then UTAssault wouldn't be around, so really we are the customer.

Consider people who use free ISPs, such as Freeserve. You aren't paying them anything, but you're still a Freeserve customer.

Its a great point, but if freeserve goes under then what happens? They lose money.

If everyone leaves the league, what happens? I have a whole load of extra free time :)

I aint gaining anything from running this site, except a lot of headaches, less free time and the cost of originaly buying the domain.

Freeserve's aim is to ultimately make money (although this may not happen for a few years, that is the ultimate aim).

The aim of this site is provide a free service to a few online gamers. Myself and none of the people who run the site gain anything from it, except perhaps the ability to run the league the way we want to and have admin access to a server, but thats no big deal really.

Thats the difference, profit making - non profit making. Ya don't see cancer victims moaning at the imperial cancer research fund who put X thousand into trying to help cure them but couldn't do it :)

I'm happy to accept ideas/constructive critism, but I don't expect to get moaned at if I don't use the ideas etc.

Thanx

I have to agree with Phear,
and also like to add that i imagine though i dont know 4 sure that freeserve make their money by sponsership or if u like "commercials".. So they do make money, and not do it for free themselves.

Interesting.

I, and I suspect many others feel that there is no difference between the Freeserve and UTAssault.net models, except one takes payment in the form of advertising and the other takes payment by means of player time. Of course we're greatful of the league and to all who help make the league better, and we're here by our own choice for fun.

The tragic fact remains that there seems to be a lot of differing ideas about how the league should work, from people running away with division 1, to people being "snubbed" (having no chance of recognition) in division 2, imo this means that there is obviously something wrong with the current league tabling systems.

As a last point, if the clans in the league *were* to vote for a change, would you choose to ignore the majority? From a success point of view, that's fatal to the UTANetworks' already teetering position with regards to clans leaving.

I wonder if u would delete this
www.wput.co.uk/assault/

and can some1 explain to me why there are servers for us to play on ?
I mean, I don't c any advertising except maybe when u press f2 something like www.demon.nl, but has any1 ever went to a website after reading it in F2 ?
or do they get paid by epic ?

Excellent point Ace, think that I can refer to the Spacemonster server dying due to the mainstream thinking the server's custom maps and no launching techniques were unacceptable. All the league is, in a nutshell, is a body with 3 similar servers that organise the matches for you instead of turning up casually.

Lucky Phears is so polite aint it. Cos if i were him i think id have told you to fuck off. And if people are customers and dont like the service why not shut the f*** up and go 'shop' elsewhere?? And freeserve generates real incomes in cash terms through advertising and its 0845 and £1.00 per minute Tech support telephone numbers. This could be why its valued at £3,000,000,000+. Now if someone wants to pay 0.1% of that for UTAssault im sure Phear will gracefully accept.

Most servers are there because of ISPs offer excellent access to servers on their own network Demon for example and Peronal servers such as TNT's & Ksl's.

As for your payment being your time its a free service so ION dont bother playin or posting your rubbish on the forums. And as for Gay-zzy the homo :p we all no you hate phear so expect you to post complete rubbish on the forums ;) . So i think to sum up if you dont like it leave, cos i reackon phear wont be losing sleep over it :lol: .

ION again

Hello because some members of ION say something, it is not meaning all of ION feel that way, I vote to keep old system, but tweak it.

So please, people are entitled to have oppinions, but that is most often personal oppinions.

<decides not to rise to the occasion since he is a strong believer that people wouldn't say half of what they do in real life>