Best AS-player in leaguehistory?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I forgot to mention 1 guy from AKA who played every match from US on about 140-170 F1 ping. Immaculate_Sal, Excellent assault-player and was extremely useful even with that ping. Then watch him playing on US-servers with 50 ping was like night and day. Really awesome.

Aye lol believe it I'm not on 56k although it seems and plays pretty much like that :\
110-130 F1, 160-180 F6, usually higher on a full server with spam going.

Sal is indeed a great player despite of his NA ping. He performs a jump/trick noone else on this league can, not even Mc :P
I challenge any of you to try if you want, I have an old dem of it.

upload the demo psy ;) there is just no jump mc cant do, and even if he cant cyta can do it for sure, his superman 1 and 2 jumps are just awesome

He already tried ;)

I'll find the dem. For now I can explain what is it:

Golgotha, everyone knows the initial launch at the cliff behind the castle. Well, from the first ledge you can reach top alone, no launch, no god mode, no boots, no cheats, a single hammerjump (no extra hits on the wall).
The trick is to run to the wall then dodge backwards on it and hammer at the time, so your hammer hits the ground, not the wall. Hard as fuck :crazy:

I'll upload the dem if you want. It's recorded on a euro server (add Sal's lovely 160 F1 ping), you can see he is not logged in as admin, nor uses boots (they make a special sound when you jump).

If you can master it, 2 players only could launch each other, then the last one use this trick and you have 2 players on top with ~50 health :)
Maybe not the most usefull trick ever, but a interesting challenge because of it's difficulty. It's the only trick I can't perform :mad:

i got another cool trick (from mc and cyta initially) on as-austia there are 2 tower on a mountain, on the other side of the mountain (right side) is a huge wall, try with jumpboots and godmode :) to get to the top by hammering backwards constantly
i only made it about 10 times (of 1000 or so) mc could do it 8/10 and cyta did it once 10/10 lol, so gay hard to do it first time

Active-X said:
i got another cool trick (from mc and cyta initially) on as-austia there are 2 tower on a mountain, on the other side of the mountain (right side) is a huge wall, try with jumpboots and godmode :) to get to the top by hammering backwards constantly
i only made it about 10 times (of 1000 or so) mc could do it 8/10 and cyta did it once 10/10 lol, so gay hard to do it first time

I sat there for like 2-3hours with mc trying to do that bloody bitch of a wall i didnt even make it once out of like 500 attempts lol !!

Thanks for the mentions,

I am active i guess, i just play alone on publics, not activly (atm..) for the league.

Although i did play a few friendlies with clans ( v BO yesterday and paa :P).

Btw i can kill as well, its just that its more fun for me to do tricks on maps than kill primarily for those

Anyway if i had to have my own opinion of top assault players in this league it would be following (no particular order);

ATM:

Nekro,
Biebel ( really underestimated )
Mkz,
TuT,
DJ AL (underestimated by far),
konnan (although i regard him as a solid defender rather than an all round assault player, its why we played so good together in 2v2's, i would kill and do tricks, he would backup everything and cover me great.)
Psy,
Anni,
Tost,
Twister,
Timmah,
Supermic,
Tiger,
Macho,

tbh the number of good players in this league nowadays is so high that it is quite hard to pick out one particular player. Its like football i guess, alot of great players, people's favourites come down to factors such as attitude and reputation, rather than there personal skill/teamplay just as a method to simplfy down thier choice.

Oldies:

Gen, Neo, Scorp, Cyter, Mizzy, Hogo, Michelle, Ninja, UZI (edit) i missed OUT UZI NOOOO !!).

Even older :

Devil, Beetlejuice, Killer NRG.

However if i am resorted to choose my favourite all time players to play with and against it would be;

Gen, Neo, Cyter, Hogo, Mkz, Ninja and Konnan.

Sorry for those i missed out, this question is very hard to answer without naming more than one person and i only thought about my reply for 5min.

As for assault, its all these players i mentioned and others i havent that made and still make UTA so great. They all added there little bits to the league and thats what the 'newer' generation of assaulters should be aiming to in skill.

P.S - The trick that active mentioned i shall make a demo when i can be bothered and upload it to this thread.

Last edited:
Here is it (attachment)

The dem is so old... I had problems playing it on demomanager. If that's your case, use default demo driver:

DemoRecordingDevice=Engine.DemoRecDriver

and load the dem from console:

demoplay try2.dem

Btw server is on practice mode, = everyone god mode, because he needed several attempts ;)
Doesn't affect the trick, he uses hammer only once as you can see.
I'll try Austria later :D

Attachments

• try2.zip
    67 KB · Views: 99
Best players when i was active.. Neo, Mc, munkz, hogo, gen, ninja, scorp.. etc etc list goes on all got the all round skill... but....

i think for sheer aim.. neo was the best AS player, and also the most consistant.. mc comes pretty close, but he did tend to crack up under too much pressure imo. Gen's fragging skills were insane.. defense wise he was brilliant.

But overall.. phil was/is the best

ever

EVER

I see the old wiggy brownnosing is as strong as it ever was ;)

Nice to see daz mentioned, at the best of times he really is an awesome player...

I have only pld against most of these players, and I think to be truely able to judge a player you'd have to play both against him and with him in top clanwars, being the clanhopping king of all time, I reckon people should listen to Bill, fucker's prolly been in 40% of all clans ever in div 1 :lol:

Seeker and FifthElement are/were (when they play) great at attacking.
Des too, but he's more on def now i think, and more team playing ;)

Lupus is probably the most reliable player in UTA, I've never seen him miss a match :eek:

dog said:
I have only pld against most of these players, and I think to be truely able to judge a player you'd have to play both against him and with him in top clanwars, being the clanhopping king of all time, I reckon people should listen to Bill, fucker's prolly been in 40% of all clans ever in div 1 :lol:

fs dan

but true, and ive had the company of sum top people in those clans aswell

top wars i pld in were >ION< v -={Mi5}=- ive pld for both clans and never lost when ive pld for them against each other ( a few draws tho)

altho i pld for about 2 mins at the end of a war >ION< lost to mi5 i dont count that :P

That's prophet by far ! since like 4 years he play assault he never changed his kickass oldschool style :P close are kon paa and anni :nod: