Battlefield 3

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

MeetYourMaker

Administrator
Jun 8, 2001
London
Yes this could have gone in the BF forum

Anybody tried BF3 yet, got my code through today to join the open beta early but wondering if anyone else has tried it and what they think of it?

wtf MyM, how did you get that beta? Did you get it with buying Medal of Honor?

I did pre-order the limited edition though.

Still have to think about what GFX card to get soon, I'm not sure if there is any new chip with massive performance boost coming out soon as supposed to what's available at the moment. I have a 8800GTS 512MB now.

[edit] This could be the next big thing for UTA! I bet it will last longer than Black Ops! :teehee:

i heard you can preorder it then refuse your order to get the beta key, but dunno if it really works :p

Beta keys are given out on all MoH + BF3 pre-orders and I've heard exactly the same thing as mic, but I haven't tried it myself.

Guess there's a battle coming, BF3 or MW3? Hmm I know what I'd choose. lol.

The code came with MOH however you could also get a code by preordering BF3 and a lot of game sites were giving away codes for early access as well.
Kind of pointless to order and then cancel just to get a key 2 days early when you can get it various other ways anyway.

Biggest issue I had with compatability is that it needs Vista or later to run due to DX version, I normally use XP so had to install in my Win7 partition which I havent switched to using full time yet.

What video card do you have and how does the game run?
What do you think about the game in general? Did you play previous Battlefields?

I really though that this game couldnt live up to its promises and it's status.
Played the beta a couple of hours and to be honest I was a little excited for this game, but after that session I thought: "What was all the fuzz about?"

I really though that this game couldnt live up to its promises and it's status.
Played the beta a couple of hours and to be honest I was a little excited for this game, but after that session I thought: "What was all the fuzz about?"

It's a shame EA have pulled Caspian Border from the servers as that looks a better map than Operation Metro. You'd have probably enjoyed the beta more with that map. As I'm sure you are aware, the beta won't be a true representation of the full release so I wouldn't let that be a factor that the game won't live up to its reputation. Of course the game won't be for everyone. I wasn't a big fan of Battlefield:BC2 but I'll be buying BF3.

It is a beta game at the moment only, and I did not play it yet. Incase the graphics are identical in the final version, they are good but for modern pc hardware far away from beeing spectacular. I can live with it as long as it is useful anyway. Considering that this map might only show a bit ideas and hides maybe possible map potential for the final game it looks all right.

I was never a big fan off battlefield yet and I hope they have absolutely hit maps for their final product ready, otherwise the maps tend to be boring. Basically it looks a bit like for the infight scenes as Counter Strike Source with a bit UT3 vehicle action. For sure it seems not to be a true love for UT99 or Q3 players. Maybe the final product can prove me wrong.

Played the Beta now some Days. The Server Browser or the "Battlelog" browserplugin ist the same shit as in Bad Company , just in the Browser and not in the Game. The Same mistakes as Before , U refresh the Servers 7 Slots free , join and ohhh its Full.
And i cant find Ingame Ping Display. Just before in the Browser.

Worst shit in the Beta and Battlelog : U have to Join a Server , Spawn and just then u can go to Settings and Setup Controls and Graphics.

Squads dont work in Beta , u can just Join a Random Squad.

MAny Bugs as i Say : People fall through the map into nothing , People run through the map as Corpse , No Crosshair , After Respawn everything is Black and White (like u are dead) , Hit Box donw work right

And well Many Cheater and its just the Beta. Punkbuster is not aktiv at the moment , but Punkbister is Shit , aktiv or not.

If i forget all this Points , it makes Still some Fun. I wish EA would set up Caspian Border again for some Vehicle Testing :) . Just infantry is not so Battlefield like :)