August Outstanding Games + DEADLINES

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
StdaAS League - ud vs. bC

Im asking for abort/reschedule match. We had arranged match for match server 7. Because server was down, we couldnt play as we should. Derzonk said that about germany servers are/were down on dog irc channel. Stony saw it and then all ud knows somethings gonna change. Weirdo changed the server 7 for match server 2 and nobody tell us that.

At 20:02 or later(anyway they knew that this gonna happen before match starts) ud was so friendly and finaly tell us where we gonna play, when we already comes on server we were losing 1-0 and server lagged as allways do when match server 1,2,3 are set up for stdaas matches in same time. Then we just leave the server because in league as match should be server set up 0-0 with warm up. Also match has been arranged for Match Server 7[Germany], not Match Server 2[Netherlands].So imo if its not possible to play where should be, then should be reschedule or abort.

@ Rules about scheduling says:
"Once arranged, details of the match must be submitted to the schedule by BOTH clans before the match takes place. Matches not submitted to the schedule may not be considered official league matches. DO NOT assume that if you book a league server your match will be automatically entered into the schedule as this IS NOT the case."

2vv match TN vs (-NgW-) played. I've been not at home for some days and couldn't submit result in time coz I can't pick the right date. So please don't mind submitting the result admins :\

Thx for not answer on my question and comfirming match result 0 - 7 for ud. This look very fair. aka nobody cares about that somebody made a BIG mistake and we are those who must pay for that.

Last edited:
which admin did you pm when leaving the server, im assuming Timo?

If you left server without telling anybody that you werent happy then im sorry but the fault lies with you

#utassault

Asking about the admins twice, nobody answer. Twice mean - firt at around 20:05 gtm(2 guys saw it and began laugh about that somoone is mad. second time around 21GTM, nobody answered. Interesting is that at 21GTM there was alvailable admin for move server 6 from 22GTM to 21:30GTM in 2v2 league (BM-AsF vs. A).

No PMs, no emails.

From the very same rules you like to quote:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] Once the match has taken place, both clans must submit the result within 48 hours. Any clan not submitting a result within 48 hours will be penalised 5% of their points unless a replay or postponement date has been submitted to the schedule, or a League Administrator contacted.

[/FONT]So as I understand it, if you failed to re-arrange the match and contact a League Admin, then whatever score that was submitted will have been accepted.

No PMs, no emails.

From the very same rules you like to quote:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] Once the match has taken place, both clans must submit the result within 48 hours. Any clan not submitting a result within 48 hours will be penalised 5% of their points unless a replay or postponement date has been submitted to the schedule, or a League Administrator contacted.

[/FONT]So as I understand it, if you failed to re-arrange the match and contact a League Admin, then whatever score that was submitted will have been accepted.

So you want to say me if this match were not played and i would submit bc won 8-0 admins just accept that because nobody contacted them on THEIRS emails what they dont use because allways when anybody who i know tryed it, dont get answer? GG

Fuck that points, thats not about actualy im shouting. im talking about this: how the fuck can be possible that any admins just move the server and dont get it knows to both clans? Im(as a bc match arranger and clan leader) using ICQ, MSN, IRC, PM of this forums and e-mails - so it has to be so hard find me there, anyway im nearly allways online. right?

True is that i should send pm on uta forums. But allways when i wanted speak with admins, everybody said use IRC for that.

BTW the post what i wrote here day after the match is not an offcial request?

But as far as I can make out, you are saying the match was moved to another server that you werent happy with, so you left the server and didnt tell anyone till the following day.

Its the leaving the server and not pm'ing an admin that will unfortunately cost you in this case, if you had pm'd me/timo/bas even if we hadnt answered we'd have checked our pms when we got back and realised you had tried to contact us and that would have been in your favour.

I moved the other match at 21:30, I came online at 20:23, Although I can see from my logs that you said one thing about 5 mins after I enterred channel about wanting a chat about a match, I received no pms about your match and nothing further was said in #utassault until I left at 22GMT

For PM use IRC, that way we read them when we come back. a request within a channel will be lost especially if you dont highlight us by name, plus we wil sometimes not reply if the request is old because we assume it may have been dealt with by another admin especially if there is only one request over a long period of time.

Thanks for nice info. But still is there a same problem, "how the fuck can admin move the server and not tell that to both clans?" (we didnt ask for this change , the admin just made it him self because the germany servers were down)

But as far as I can make out, you are saying the match was moved to another server that you werent happy with, so you left the server and didnt tell anyone till the following day.

BTW the post what i wrote here day after the match is not an offcial request?

Hello? :rolleyes:

I would say from previous experience that if a match server goes down then the match will be moved to any other available server especially if the match is in the last week of the month. Both clans should be notified if their players are available at the time, it would be acceptable to reschedule but due to the time restraint from the end of the month if either team doesnt want to reschedule then the match will be forced onto another server and you will be expected to play. Leaving server because you are not happy about something will pretty much result that youll forfeit the match if you dont talk to an admin there and then.

The logs show you had 2 ppl in the server during warmup plus one that joined server and didnt enter password, so seems some of your team were aware of the server change.

I dont get your quotes, my quote explains why your quote isnt acceptable. You cant request a match to be rescheduled AFTER you were supposed to play it, you have to log the request before the match starts or during if there is a valid reason.

As u said. Both clans should be notified. We werent. Isnt that a damn good reason for abort the match date? Leaving the server because we werent notified about server change but ud was seems like only way how to show up to anybody something is wrong. The log say many things, but true is that we were 4 when they won first score map, anyway we had 6 ppl ready to play.

Oh before the match was impossible because we all though we gonna play, during the match i tryed it on IRC and then go play 2v2. Sorry but dont need kill all evening with waiting if admins finaly will answer me when it was not our fault that admins just move the server and dont say anything.

As i see u just have too many excuseses and founded my wrongs with request about abort the match, but you are totaly missing that we werent notified about the change and noone admin cares about that.

lol, -ud- is a HZ clan and didn't get out of the HZ with a legit win... why not just let them get out of HZ this month and nps? Too late now though doesn't hurt bC clan either.

So, if we know that there is no admins going to be around at match time and that the server will be down we shouldnt try and be helpful and move the server before your game? and I said "supposed" to notify, for this exact reason, when a server is moved in advance its not always possible to notify teams involved.

I think you are totally missing the point here, you arranged that day with your opponents, if you had come to the admins afterwards and said we had server problems and we werent happy with server2 move but we've arranged with ud to play on "insert date here" before the end of the month, is that ok?, then we'd have had no problem with that. Its the fact you left the server, gave a half arsed attempt at contacting us and then blame the admins because it didnt go your way in the end. You could have quite easily played the match a map down and queried it afterwards but to leave a server is seen as a forfeit.
Im pretty sure that if I wrote one line randomly in #utassault saying that the match had been moved it wouldnt have been seen by people that needed to see it and thats more or less what you did with the admins ( I dont even know which other admin was around at that time).

Unfortunately I think you are going to have to chalk this one upto experience and move on, just remember to use IRC to PM an admin, or multiple admins immediately if there is a problem, not after the fact.

Note: servers are automatically setup on the hour, there is a 5 minute wait period followed by a 60 second warmup and 60 second map switch, that means you had upto 7 minutes, plenty of time to realise server7 wasnt working and query it.

endgegner, -ud- arranged a valid match so they could get out of the hz, their opposition didnt play it for whatever reason so why should they be penalised for that?

From an admins point of view, how do we know that the server change isnt being used as an excuse for them not having players? quite simply we should have been notified at the time of any problems and one line in #utassault asking for a chat isnt really a notification.

Status
Not open for further replies.