Assault Cup: The 8 Teams...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Joko said:
nice one ant!

Although supermic inventing tricks/launches ... rofl ... UAS just stole other Div 1 clans launches and actually practised them, unlike any other div 1 clan at the time. I never once saw a new launch or trick playing against them, just a well oiled machine.

You never saw them because we in ]UAS[ didn't use our best stuff against weaker teams. Sorry but it's true. Like the crosslaunch on gol1 we only did that against the other 2 top clans (Swap and mi5) at the time (2002-2004) for a long while. My single ripper shot on frigate from water entrance was only used 2 times (swap/mi5) back then if I remember right, and it worked both times :D. We did some sick spawnhammer sets too back in the day, unstoppable hammerlaunch from second spawn on gol1 because we had spawnprotection on the whole time :teehee:. ]UAS[ did came up with the side-by-side hammerlaunches instead of facing eachother, so for example so you can set launches more hidden behind a rock/crate/cross/block. We were the only clan that looked up also when doing single hammerlaunches which still owns traditional hammerlaunch sets. We had very few failed launches because we did hammers like that and of course like you said, we practiced A LOT.

As for tricks. The most recent trick I came up with has to be the quick rocketshot on ballistic that I see a lot players using now which was my idea afaik. And I have never seen anybody else do the rippershots I do on lavafort without sniper from the back same goes for Frigate and TheDungeon for that matter. With sniper I do a lot of single ripper shots on lava that I haven't seen anybody be doing either.
If you watch my bridge tricks demo/movie (link in sig) there are at least 2 hammerjumps in there that I afaik invented. Trick 9 and 13. Well, this is what I can remember right now but I know there are more. At least I mentioned a few.
I remember talking rippertricks with some players and them sending me my own screenshots of the aim that I have taken back in early years :rofl: But It's all good, I like launching and tricks and want to see players use them more often.

I think people have forgotten about the tactics we used in ]UAS[. People talk about launches and stuff but what really was the key to out success was our tactics. We basically had an A,B,C plan for every map if not more lol. We helped each other really well too at objectives both in attack and defence. The ]UAS[ machine ran smooth indeed :D We ended up 2nd in the league in 2004 when there were like 6 divisions. The most competitive and closest year ever in UTA stdAS league history with 3 clans (swap, uas, mi5) battling it out all the way to the final month. My hat off to swap who came up on top. I know there's been great battles before us 3 with NRG, ION and Mi5 but they didn't have 6 divisions and not with as complex tactics as we used.
You can see and example of our tactics in "UT assault community movie 2" at the end. And in my movie "micke demos 2006"

Last edited:
here is some space for demos:

www.humyo.com
user: [email protected]
pw: sheepRock

if you'd rather use Quasi's ftp, thats cool. this is pretty convenient as well tho.
just zip the demos and chuck em into the corresponding folder.

and thx to every1 recording! :)

one email they sent was in german (maybe because they displayed the webpage in german due to my location... or maybe because of the browser language setting). i hope (and think) the webinterface will be in english for you tho. lemme know, if not!

Last edited:
Thx to Taki and Quasi for the offers of help, we'll pretty certainly be taking you up on them, just got to get some stuff sorted first (like malfunctioning demorecs, good fkin time for that...)

THE TEAMS

(In alpha order of cap name)

Just realised, Wish comes before X-Bomb. GG ME. DON'T EVEN KNOW MY ALPHABET. And ty to all the millions of other ppl in this thread who pointed it out :trout:

You never saw them because we in ]UAS[ didn't use our best stuff against weaker teams. Sorry but it's true. Like the crosslaunch on gol1 we only did that against the other 2 top clans (Swap and mi5) at the time (2002-2004) for a long while. My single ripper shot on frigate from water entrance was only used 2 times (swap/mi5) back then if I remember right, and it worked both times :D. We did some sick spawnhammer sets too back in the day, unstoppable hammerlaunch from second spawn on gol1 because we had spawnprotection on the whole time :teehee:. ]UAS[ did came up with the side-by-side hammerlaunches instead of facing eachother, so for example so you can set launches more hidden behind a rock/crate/cross/block. We were the only clan that looked up also when doing single hammerlaunches which still owns traditional hammerlaunch sets. We had very few failed launches because we did hammers like that and of course like you said, we practiced A LOT.

As for tricks. The most recent trick I came up with has to be the quick rocketshot on ballistic that I see a lot players using now which was my idea afaik. And I have never seen anybody else do the rippershots I do on lavafort without sniper from the back same goes for Frigate and TheDungeon for that matter. With sniper I do a lot of single ripper shots on lava that I haven't seen anybody be doing either.
If you watch my bridge tricks demo/movie (link in sig) there are at least 2 hammerjumps in there that I afaik invented. Trick 9 and 13. Well, this is what I can remember right now but I know there are more. At least I mentioned a few.
I remember talking rippertricks with some players and them sending me my own screenshots of the aim that I have taken back in early years :rofl: But It's all good, I like launching and tricks and want to see players use them more often.

I think people have forgotten about the tactics we used in ]UAS[. People talk about launches and stuff but what really was the key to out success was our tactics. We basically had an A,B,C plan for every map if not more lol. We helped each other really well too at objectives both in attack and defence. The ]UAS[ machine ran smooth indeed :D We ended up 2nd in the league in 2004 when there were like 6 divisions. The most competitive and closest year ever in UTA stdAS league history with 3 clans (swap, uas, mi5) battling it out all the way to the final month. My hat off to swap who came up on top. I know there's been great battles before us 3 with NRG, ION and Mi5 but they didn't have 6 divisions and not with as complex tactics as we used.
You can see and example of our tactics in "UT assault community movie 2" at the end. And in my movie "micke demos 2006"

Some good points Mic, and i have no doubt about the time spent and knowledge gained by you/UAS. However surely most of this would not be possible if not for the actual original "pioneers" of rocket launching and hammer launching way back in 1999/2000. There are probably many claims for who invented or more acurately discovered the possibilty of these things. I remember hammer launching in particular being virtually uknown except to a few ppl who had worked it out through practice and a lot of luck.

Also i believe you do a disservice to many clans playing in a very exciting and enjoyable league set up, prior to this magical 2004 period ;) I am not sure how its possible for you or anyone to judge the state of things before they actually played/were involved themselves. Unfortunately there are not many people left here who did play all that time ago!

And could you also utv the matches ur playing yourself?

Unfortunately not, UTV has a few features in it that means most CSHPs kick you if you join as player rather than spec.

In built timer being one of them :P

Gazzy said:
Some good points Mic, and i have no doubt about the time spent and knowledge gained by you/UAS. However surely most of this would not be possible if not for the actual original "pioneers" of rocket launching and hammer launching way back in 1999/2000. There are probably many claims for who invented or more acurately discovered the possibilty of these things. I remember hammer launching in particular being virtually uknown except to a few ppl who had worked it out through practice and a lot of luck.

Also i believe you do a disservice to many clans playing in a very exciting and enjoyable league set up, prior to this magical 2004 period ;) I am not sure how its possible for you or anyone to judge the state of things before they actually played/were involved themselves. Unfortunately there are not many people left here who did play all that time ago!
I remember when the normal hammerlaunch under the cannon on overlord was a secret in 2001. It's funny when you think back :) I started playing UT in may 2001 and joined the league in july 2001 with ~fod~. I do believe the hammerlaunch on overlord was discussed in UTA forums back then when I started. Rocketlaunches players find out about much sooner on mazon, frigate, RL was more obvious than doing a HL. So I know how things were here at least from 2001. I watched demos that tnt, ion and the likes released and learned a lot from them especially from ION demos. I know you had exciting games then too and I don't think clans ever has or will hate eachother as much as back then :teehee: but as you pointed out hammerlaunching and rocketlaunches was a new thing and clans didn't really use them to full potential and didn't really defend well against them either. 2004 was the peak of all the best fraggers/launching/tactics IMO. Because there we so many clans that were good at everything. I think you had max 4 divisions in the early years.

I'd never claim I invented like the rocketlaunch on mazon and I don't see how anyone could. It would be ridiculous. But once somebody realized its possible to launch it opened up a door for launches everywhere. And look at Golgotha map. I don't remember when it was released but I'm sure all launching clans just about invented the same launches at the same time because that map has so many launch possibilities and obvious launch spots.

About UTV - I haven't a clue. Since I'll be speccing all the matches I will ofc be demoing them, as will at least two others, so I'm sure we can upload the demos somewhere and maybe even make a movie (any volunteers for that?).

Correct me if i'm wrong but i think u can do demoing from server side instead of player side (player side = u only see players in a limited radius instead of the whole map).. That would be awesome, i'm not saying that i would be volunteer for doing a movie tho...well not yet...who knows...

Time to make demos all of you!!!

GL HF

:D

yeh you just need to be admin logged in KD and do admin demorec xxxx I think... Need access to FTP afterwards tho.

Also in addition to supermics comment, i found 2 semi-practical places for rippering the skull loc, be intrigued to know if you've found a 3rd mic lol

it would be great to see a movie of this cup :)
i got demo rec always on so i can provide any demo needed, but will never be arsed/have the skill of doing a movie :(

yeah serverside demos are a cool thing!
just not sure how it affects the server's performance. (timo?)

and i am not sure if you can properly 1stperson everyone all the time or if there is a bug with that. i think 1st person will at least not look as smooth as a clientside demo.

anyway great idea :)

it would be great to see a movie of this cup :)
i got demo rec always on so i can provide any demo needed, but will never be arsed/have the skill of doing a movie :(

i will definitely capture the moments that are worth it and if others got some nice stuff on their demos feel free to send me

too bad u cant watch multiple players at once in utv :D would be fun imo
or something like an overview of the map with crosshairs on the players (hi hook) like in cs for example