AS-Portal

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Biebel said:
i have played it a bit (music sux :p:)

about the map, ye i rlly like the space and towers and hallways.

Hank, @ the switches i would put a rocketlauncher, it is fun to defend with rox, look @ tunnels of river3 for example.

Maybe for the attackers @ the very first spawn, u should put a shockrifle. In that way it is not impossible for them to take on te miniguns in that hallway. It is also a tactical choice to "bring" the shocks to the defense or not.

At the chain defense like i said i would put a rocketlauncher somewhere. Also put some sniper rifles in the towers with 1 snipe ammo pack or sth. The sniper rifle @ the teleporters is nice but i'm not sure, i need to know the time the doors opens before defense can get in position.

The end objective is LOL. I bet a rocketlaunch/hammerlaunch into the portal is gg. Shockrifle and snipes to defend it is fun i guess. But then again, such a big arena there and it can be over quick, bit waste innit. Maybe replace the portal hole.

Length of time to attack seems ok? Cant remember, but same length as river3al would be nice.

ok hope i give something u can built on hank, gj on the map thoug i like it. And the walls are a nice color, no need for too much thingies

- Music sucks indeed :P But I don't play with music, so I don't care :fingers:
- If you do right you can def every object with a Rocketlauncher :P *cough* tower next to small lifts *cough cough* Teleporter V *cough*
- gonna add shock at start
- 14 seconds delay - Towerdoors....
- Gonna change the hole and I will make the way down much longer ;)

I'll start working on it again soon :)

:thumb:

new version

Note: you need both Rar-Files!
check out the readme for more details

Attachments

• AS-Portal.part1.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
you need part 1 and part 2 ffs :P

how is it possible that 7 guys clicked on the 1st part but only 5 on the 2nd :p:

Hank said:
you need part 1 and part 2 ffs :P

how is it possible that 7 guys clicked on the 1st part but only 5 on the 2nd :p:
Probably because of the Corrupt Authenticity error that comes up when extracting.

Suggestion: Why not put another portal brush (like the one at the start, maybe a tiny bit bigger tho) at the bottom of the last hole (were you going to do this anyway)? i.e. something people actually have to aim for in order to teleport away.... If they miss it, then they die ;)

Last edited:
[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)] [...]

Suggestion: Why not put another portal brush (like the one at the start, maybe a tiny bit bigger tho) at the bottom of the last hole (were you going to do this anyway)? i.e. something people actually have to aim for in order to teleport away.... If they miss it, then they die ;)[/QUOTE]

yea I will change the portal brush ^-^ it's a way too easy to finish the map :X

maybe I gonna make 2 movers about the hole to make it harder or something, dunno yet ;)

Code:
Warning: Failed to load 'DoorsSnd': Can't find file for package 'DoorsSnd'
Warning: Failed to load 'D:\Games\UT99\Maps\AS-Portal_betarelease3of6.unr': Can't find file for package 'DoorsSnd'
Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find file for package 'DoorsSnd'
Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find file for package 'DoorsSnd'
:o

oki, heres the plan

I upload the map with the missing soundfile to rapidshare....gonna edit the DL link in the post 234, zipfile will be 7 mb big, following releases will have 2,4 MB, sorry :P

Last edited: