AS-Portal

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

:bawling: 7MB crap map :bawling:

:lol: shit

but I'm really sorry for that 5 MB extra soundfile...I just used a few sounds of it, so I created my own package, called myDoorsSnd and today when I put the ambientsounds in I'm sure I've made a mistkae bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh -.-

Last edited:
just played it, looks really good, should be played 5vs5 or 6vs6 a couple of times now, i you want some day to test it i will be there :P

It's been uploaded to DFP. I just played with 5vs5 afair and it was quite ok.

brajan said:
It's been uploaded to DFP. I just played with 5vs5 afair and it was quite ok.

yea thx to cratos :thumb: you can play it on the DFP server now :chainsaw:

but it was crap since most ppl were lost, all the time :lol:

Hank said:
:bawling: 7MB crap map :bawling:

:lol: shit

but I'm really sorry for that 5 MB extra soundfile...I just used a few sounds of it, so I created my own package, called myDoorsSnd and today when I put the ambientsounds in I'm sure I've made a mistkae bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh -.-

The movers have adopted the old DoorsSnd file as their source, you will have to change this on every mover.

I recommend you open the map in uED, export the map to t3d format, open it up in notepad, do a find/replace on DoorsSnd, go back to uED, and load up the myDoorsSnd file into memory, then import the map back into uED.

yea I noticed, still don't know how it changed back...from myDoorsSnd to DoorsSnd, I didnt change it back o_0 ?

but thx anyway ^-^

wtf do i do with this rapid share shite. Keeps saying download sessions invalid then asking me to upload something

Hank said:
so...do you like it :P?
I'll be honest, sorry but I do not like the map much :(

In the first part of the map, untill you reach the big tower:
Well, you use the same texture (the one from ut_tech*.utx / floor) everywhere. It looks a bit plain and boring. Might be nicer to put some stone or bricks textures there. Or maybe add some wooden pillars infront of the textures.
That's just what I'm missing, decorations, there's these huge hallways which are only like a simple cube. Also it could be just me but I haven't seen a single curved hallway in your map. :o Imo, curved hallways bring more excitement, cause you can't see what's on the other end. In a straight hallway you can see anything on the other end, and if you got a sniper or other decent long range weapon you can even kill them. This would just make it one long hallway with bullets going from one side to the other.
Yeah you can hide in the hallways crossing eachother but still, you'd just have to jump out again to see what's going on, and that would just make it a camp/wait game. :(
I haven't yet played the map with bots or anything, but that's just how I think it would be..
Not much else to say about this part, just the lever (first objective I think?) it seems a bit lonely there :lol:

When you get on top to where the big tower and the two trees are:
This scenery looks a lot nicer. Using bricks-textures for the walls. Makes it a bit more realistic. Just still missing some decorations. And with this I don't mean stuff like those haystacks and barrals. I mean: add more useless brushes, it's all too "cubical". Just add some pillars infront of the walls. This would make the lightning a bit cooler too, cause you'll get more shadows and stuff. And ofcourse it gives you some places to hide behind.
Or you could even add some masked fences. Or maybe some funny effects like spider webs.
Btw, very nice lifts you made there, the wooden ones. They fit in great. :thumb: Would be nice to have more stuff like that around the map. But bah... don't steal buttons from Rook... :p:

When you reach the ending:
Well, this just seems like it's not even finished yet. :( Such long ways to walk, makes you a really easy target for snipers. Need more places to hide behind, or more curves, or maybe put in some mountain area and make it a normal non-floating castle :)

Overall:
The skybox doesn't really fit in.. even though it's a floating castle .. your lighting is very bright, light from stars isn't that bright, and I see no sun. Maybe you should make the "main" lighting a bit purple/darkish, and then add some more torches with orange colors to light it all up. Many small lights with small radius look a lot nicer than a few huge lights with a massive radius imo.

Anyway, maybe the gameplay is awesome on this map, I don't really know unless I've played it 6v6 a couple of times. But currently I'd rather not play it cause I really don't enjoy playing maps that have little eyecandy. But well that's just me :P there's probably only a few players that care about graphics as much as I do.

Last edited:
I wanted a honest answer :P

The map isnt finished and if most ppl tell me "nice map" I'm not motivated to keep working on it :P

- Yea, I use the same textures :P I tried others but they look even worse...have to work on that :P

- Good Idea with the curved Hallways and I wanted to add more decoration...but not too much since I won't fuck up the fps ;P

- No Bot support, sorry :P

- Yea the 1st objective is a bit lonely there, agree on that :P

- There are more than 3 trees :o

- Since I stole the skybox and just put some lights in the map now and then the lightning is horrifying...

- Added spider webs in the connection tunnels! But I can add alot more, you're right!

- The ending isnt finished yet, yea...would like to have some support there...if you or anybody else is interested to support me...that would be great!!! I'm not good enough to realize all of my ideas without creating terrible BSP holes...and that's more or less the reason why some parts of the map look so empty :/

- Btw I was thinking of using a lavaskybox (like lavagiant or something)

anyway big thx for your REVIEW ^-^

cheers =))

Last edited:
memo to myself....I could get rid of the backfort and put a small portal next to the top of the fort :o ?