AS-HelmsDeep

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

The lower wall is way to low.

Increase it to double height, a hammerable wall is no wall.

Maybe most sensible is to have som rock down on the gorund, so that u can hammer if hammer from that, but no other point!

And alsa a hammerlaunch should not be to easy, maybe be possible but not easy.

Make the bridge thicker so u dont lagg off off it during intense battles.

Also increase the size of the protective bricks so u can duck behind them like irl.. or in real movie =)

ADD stairs to wall from inside, 1 is not enough, maybe 4 at least best if they divide like this:

wallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwall
wallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwallwall
EXIT StairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStair
HERE StairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStair EXIT HERE
.......StairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStairStair
...................................................... StairStair
.......................................................StairStair

.....................................................ENTER HERE

hehehe

Arne

Last edited:
i think i will love the final version of this map, keep it up it looks cool! :cool:

Arnet- StoneAge said:
ADD stairs to wall from inside, 1 is not enough, maybe 4 at least best if they divide like this:

be carefull with that, you will lose 75 hp if you fall down and more stairs also means more opssibilities for launched attackers to get down without health loss. guess we'll have to wait until the map is more advanced to judge about details like this, but if you just keep it the same as in the lotr movie it will be great :D

Last edited:
maby u can go underground, and then as a final objectives u gotta capture the people of rohan?

with an field like golgotha with launch possibility's and stuff

hmm i can post some screenies from War of the Ring if u want :)
it has Helm's Deep :)

Ice said:
final object should be to get the fuck out of there because defenders are too strong :P

that's nearly impossible....coz one could always wait @ the start to do that objective..... :o

'out of there' could be towards the opposite ddirection than where the start is. so like:

START -> BASE -> 'OUT OF THERE'

as a map.

Like the real story:

The women and children could flee to the mountainpass.. (But what should the attackers do there?) :rolleyes:

helms deep is certainly a good motive for an assault map :)

first thing ive noticed tho; the big wall shud be curved to the inside, not the outside, this for the reason that when it is curved to the inside, the defenders can shoot attackers at the base of the wall from more than one spot.

i had some ideas to the objectif layout of the map:
i think the best would be to make the first objective the wallbreach, and make it really hard, quite a bit like the start of ballistic, just with the bombs instead of the plane and a higher wall so the attackers will have a hard time launching over and certainly cant hammerjump over on their own.
once breached the attack spawns are at the wall but all to the left, so on the opposite side of the wallbreach, looking from the tower.

then the sidedoor of the main keep as second objective which can be accessed from the yard behind the wall.
once this is breached the attackers get new spawns just outside that door.

the next objective is the big horn on the tower, when they sound it off by touching some sort of ram or a flying nazgul comes and opens the main gate (the one which the uruk hai open with the ram in the movie, the one on top of the big ramp). once this has been taken the attackers get new spawns just outside that main door.

the next and final objective is to breach the caves behind the keep. first you have to battle thru the inner ringwalls and the big hall (the one out of which king theoden and aragorn ride out). make sure that when the attackers have to go for the horn on the big tower they can not access the inner ring of the keep which leads to the final without some serious launching, definitley not by foot or hammerjump. else the maindoor will be left out which would be very not-book-conform. :D

then once this is done the ending sequence with Sauron's eye designed by weirdo starts and you hear some deep voice laughing of joy over teh victory of the uruk-hai :D

SubZero said:
Like the real story:

The women and children could flee to the mountainpass.. (But what should the attackers do there?) :rolleyes:

Rape the women and kill the children? It would be a use for at least one of the taunt dances that I can think of.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

sry if they're too big...

Last edited:
i took the other piccys down....
if u did'nt get 2 c 'em i'll upload them again tho :)

Last edited: