AS-Gladiator

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

i have the same problem in AS-Area51
the end objective is shooting a skaarj queen or something
but you got the have that skin, if you don't have it it's invisible
and i couldn't finish the map :caek:

uh? that´s the reason? lol, all other maps are working fine for me, except as-gladiator and as-offworldassault :rolleyes:

hmm? i´m too lazy to reinstall my UT :fingers:

Originally posted by paa
spammy ??!?!
one launch and your past the trigger and new spawns piece of piss
missle silo never pld this map never seen it on any servers.

Invis will be there if players dont complain about it.
And even if you launch over the FS (FortStandard) you will still hit a trigger connected to the same FS and spawns will change. :yipee:

Btw, you can play missle silo on DAMIT servers.

thePROPHET, perhaps you run some kind of mutator... Try running the map in practice and without any mutators.

pld on damit servers and there really weird :p

there were players on it asking if this was the internet LMFAO ROFL

:)

I got the a similar problem. I see monsters when I play on dammit servers, and I can summon them in a server which supports it, but I couldnt do it offline on my own comp :confused:
I started a prac at Vampire, in example, and I couldn't see nor the cows neither the devilfish. Either by using leagueas mod or not.
I just found the solution :)

Try these commands:

set engine.gameinfo bNoMonsters False
set engine.gameinfo bHumansOnly False
set botpack.assault bNoMonsters False
set botpack.assault bHumansOnly False

If you wanna use leagueas:

set botpack.leagueassault bNoMonsters False
set botpack.leagueassault bHumansOnly False

Try to summon any monster to check if it works

summon unreali. <MonsterName>

Queen, Warlord, SkaarjWarrior, SkaarjLord, IceSkaarj, Manta, Krall, Mercenary, Cow, Squid, Slith, Fly, Brute, Pupae, Nali, DevilFish...

Yeah these
set botpack.assault bNoMonsters False
set botpack.assault bHumansOnly False
are default in the UT.ini.
Mutators tend to change bNoMonsters and bHumansOnly to true.

Btw try: summon unreali.arrow. :pimp:

just seen AS-Gladiator..

looks: "8" ,not bad, i've seen nicer textures used (lava under the bridge as an example isn't that beautifull) then again if you'd use the same it'll all look alike..

playability: "low" not sure how to rate this map... shooting a monster as an objective never appealed to me, u've got enough shootin at ya don't need a monster as well...

hope things like the lava bridge won't be too spammy, we've seen lava bridges before...i also are very hesitant with attackers going up ramps and def spawnin on top of the ramps... things like the launch potential at the start are cool, but they might make the map undefendable cause you can launch really fast..

weapon lay-out is pretty good, allthough all the armor in the same place will cause annoyance on pubs cause n00bs will take em all asap...

just a very short look through it though... might be okay or complete shite to play.. don't see huge potential.. not many different routes in it besides the launchin..

my 2 cents

Yeah, some things could be much better if I had time and if UT didn't create BSP problems. Perhaps you dont like HUGE mapps as some ppl do.
The monster may be totaly removed since it seams to cause problems for some servers. There are a couple of alternative routes if you look better. We've tested launching, and it's not possible to launch that far since the map is big. So not even 6 rox are enuff if you wanna launch too far.
Lights and stuff will be adjusted when playability issues have been dealt with.

Last edited:
imo the problem is not the pure size of the map but the fact that this size is a result of vast and numerous open spaces that seem not to serve any special meaning, they will only make it way harder or even impossible to assault the map vs an equally skilled defence

and its really not so nice when an objective dodges your shots

I took a look at the latest beta and here's some of my observations.

As with outdoor maps, there's a few launch possibilities but the map can be completed in about one and half minutes by three guys with hammers due to the fact that a launch can be performed from the start spawn to the hill on the left from where another launch can be performed to the radio and temple.

I didn't need to kill any monster or anything, I still could pass the first gate without any key, just ran straight from the sword to the gate. Assault maps don't really need anything more to shoot at other than the other team. Autocannons and monsters really don't fit well into gameplay.

The lava bridge is REALLY long and could end up as a choke point, although I didn't check the spawnpoints so I can't really say for sure.

Other than those points, the geometry looks really nice and the textures fit pretty well. The lighting could be improved but it might be difficult for the outdoor parts. Someone suggested a sunset skybox and lighting and I think it could probably work on this map.

Anyways, nice looking map but needs to have those little glitches fixed.

Thx for the feedback.

You shouldn't be able to enter the first gate!
You shouldn't be able to take radio that way!!! The radio objective is disabled untill you do everyting else before it.
So 3 min is the minimum!

Don't use League AS!!! It overrides the settings I made in my map!!!!! :puke:
Use eavy assault bonuspack or none at all.

Autocannons are rarely good in an AS map. I agree.
But I don't agree about monsters.
Monsters make mapps more fun, especially if they are, like in this case, a part of a story.
Maybe that wouldn't make this map a possible AL map but that wasn't my goal either.
I just want ppl to have fun. :D

Lighting IS very flat...:x

Last edited:
yeh i said about the sunset box might make map look better not as bright too

Originally posted by Doc_EDo
Don't use League AS!!! It overrides the settings I made in my map!!!!! :puke:
Use eavy assault bonuspack or none at all.
Then it will never run on Jolt & Orange Servers :nono:

And it can´t considered to be a league map, lol, it won´t be a league map anyway :P

Clans always complain about long run/big maps... soo.. completely forget my post then :teehee:

Kinda lame that LeagueAS decides how the games should be played and not the mappers! :deal: