Adobe and Vista

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

dirz

dirz
Nov 15, 2002
Holland
Hi,

I've installed Adobe Master Collection CS3 about 1.5 month ago on my laptop with Vista, and it worked fine. Just for the last 2 days whenever i try to open a Adobe program it loads the program but after that it says the program isn't responding. No matter what i do it keeps saying this. I also tried to reinstall the collection but that didn't worked either :\

Anyone know what this could be?

Did you installed any of those Adobe auto updates recently?

I got Adobe packages on 2 pc at home and on several pc's at work. Since few days all those PC's acting strange and unstable.

Not that I know. I haven't downloaded / installed any updates but I don't know if Adobe automaticly downloads and installs updates. And even if it did downloaded / installed updates automaticly, they should have been removed when I deleted everything.

You're lucky you can still run a program tbh :P, I can't do shit atm :(

Recently had a very unpleasant experience with Adobe Web Premium CS3. Adobe is just a shit corporation.

Not that I know. I haven't downloaded / installed any updates but I don't know if Adobe automaticly downloads and installs updates. And even if it did downloaded / installed updates automaticly, they should have been removed when I deleted everything.

You're lucky you can still run a program tbh :P, I can't do shit atm :(

Well ... yeah i can run them but they BSOD my PC's quite often. Dreamweaver sometimes but mostly Photoshop. Running both of then in same time is a 75% chance for a BSOD. It's not that bad tbh. It reminded me to use ctrl+s very often :)

I tried to use Photoshop CS3 at work with Windows XP; when creating a new image/opening one/saving one, Photoshop freezes for several minutes. It's updated to the latest version (v10.0.1 ?), I think the problem wasn't there without the latest update though...

CS3 seems to seriously suck ass (not only the poor looking icons :P)... sticking with CS2 for now as a "solution".

i have CS3 for ages, never updated, works good here... So my guess is that updating fucks something up.
I have it on XP though, maybe that is a difference, but pinhead has it also on XP. My version is 10.0.1 also.

Did you delete or uninstall? because in first post you say reinstall and your 2nd post says you deleted it all.

Unfortunately i can't downgrade as it's all legal software. Problem exists on Vista and XP in my case.

I guess there might be some registry key left somewhere that fucks it up. Too bad I have no idea where to look for a registry key!

well, I formatted the lappy because I installed SP1 from Vista and it couldn't even load the Windows Login screen. So after I formatted everything, I reinstalled Vista and I reinstalled the Adobe collection again.

Guess what? It still says "Not responding".. :(
Really don't know why the fuck it keeps doing that :\

When Photoshop crashes on startup, most of the time the causes are corrupted preferences or adobe built fonts (*.lst). But as you have formatted your disk (assuming you didnt backup your preferences), this shouldnt be the problem.

CS3 will not properly run on a system with anything less than dual core and 2GB memory, esspecially on Vista, which takes alot of resources itself. The 'doesn't respond' screen in CS3 usually means that there is a memory leak (yes, CS3 > Firefox 2), or that there arent enough resources to do the job. One solution you can try, is to set the compatibility mode for CS3.

169197463-L.jpg

Some months ago when i installed CS3 on a crappy PC, i had the same 'not responding' notice when booting Photoshop. I let it run, and 12 minutes later it worked. Impressive loading time! :D

If none of the tips you can find via Google work, try looking in your windows event log - there might be some usefull information. It's probably a combination of lack of resources and Vista. :(

Well, this laptop is new, with 4gb or RAM memory, so I really think there is enough memory available to run the Adobe programs. And like I've said beofre, it worked for 1.5 month :P.

MyM already said I had to look in the event log, but there doesn't seem to be a problem :\.
I'll try your advise, hopefully that will work :]

Last edited:
Last edited: