about minigun glow

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

sobo

Not always sober
Jun 19, 2001
Saxony, GER
I know that there is a popular tweaks.ini which for the sake of framerate remvoes various effects. Among them are some different minigun glows. one of them being the flickering glow other people make to you (so youll just see the ground lit and the bullets for example)
Is there also a way to remove my own glow? I mean the gun flash, because its really taking my sight in some cases. and i dont wanna play with hidden weapon because Ill get confused.

its highdetailactors, however i wanna keep the shieldbelt translucent, and i think without highdetailactors some other thing will become intranslucent too.

hmm ive tried putting that line into a text file and executing it.
Here a screenshot from after that :\ it did nothing :(

you see, its the gun barrel flash decreasing field of view

Attachments

• mini.jpg
    mini.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 268
ah now i know what you mean :P

btw the line i posted removes the yellow flashes in the air pointing where you shoot.

here's my complete tweak.txt

Code:
set minishellcase bhidden 1
set ut_shellcase bhidden 1
set waterzone viewfog (x=0,y=0,z=0)
set ut_eightball shaketime 0
set ut_eightball shakemag 0
set ut_flakcannon shaketime 0
set sniperrifle shaketime 0
set minigun2 shakemag 0
set minigun2 shakevert 0
set minigun2 shaketime 0
set pulsegun shakemag 0
set pulsegun shakevert 0
set enforcer shaketime 0
set ripper shakevert 0
set ripper shakemag 0
set ut_biorifle shaketime 0
set shockrifle shaketime 0
set impacthammer shakemag 0
set impacthammer shaketime 0
set TFemale2Carcass bhidden 1
set TFemale1Carcass bhidden 1
set Tmale1Carcass bhidden 1
set Tmale2Carcass bhidden 1
set Tmalebody bhidden 1
set mtracer bhidden 0
set mtracer lighttype lt_none
set EnhancedRespawn bhidden 1
set rocketmk2 rotationrate (roll=0)

edit: then again i just noticed that my weapon is hidden so can't really tell if the tweak removes that yellow shit - hope so :D

Last edited:
hidden weapon works fine dont know why people need to see there weapons lower fps takes up screen space looks stupid ;o

Originally posted by Paa`
hidden weapon works fine dont know why people need to see there weapons lower fps takes up screen space looks stupid ;o

So they know wot weapon they have out and cuz it looks nicer.

yes , your aim WILL improve without the gun there , because you can see more other then having this big meaty thing at the bottom of the screen ,. I cant even playwith the gun there anymore because I'm so used to having it away , and the beauty is , when you get rid of it , you dont miss it

Originally posted by RiotChild
yes , your aim WILL improve without the gun there , because you can see more other then having this big meaty thing at the bottom of the screen ,. I cant even playwith the gun there anymore because I'm so used to having it away , and the beauty is , when you get rid of it , you dont miss it

bollox, only thing that really holds back aim with the minigun is the glow

but tadaa, had a look at the ed and gotta love it:

Code:
set minigun2 bDrawMuzzleFlash 0

your first person muzzle flash is not rendered, 3rdperson muzzleflash is renderer, so you can still easily tell your opponents from a dark corner when they shoot.

Agree totally here. Hide weapon sux.

I can never tell what fucking weapon I've got out, and it doesnt improve aiming whatsover!
Those who say that weapons hide ur FOV are talking bullshit, ur weapon covers up the bottom right corner of ur screen, which is almost always THE FLOOR.
The only weapon which you could seriously argue to be an obstruction of your view is the redeemer, but nobody gives a shit cuz it isn't in any league maps, and you seldom pick it up anyway!

u can tell whatw eapon u have form pickup sound and u picked it up so u know u have it sound the weapon makes and ur hud its easy i used to have right hand weapon for ages kon said to try hidden never used anything else again cant een use them now it feels so shit

some weapons almost take up half of the screen. yes, your aim and gameplay WILL get better with hidden weapons (once youre used to it), thats for sure.

once Im used to it? I was trying to get used to it for over a month before i eventually switched back to center :\
Humph is right there, only the redeemer is really big, but with transparant weapons thats also not a problem anymore :moon:

the problem why i hesitate to enable transparent weapons is that pickup weapons also will become transparent and therefore badly visible, but ill try to find a way to do that change of style only to the handed mesh model

I tried switching from right hand to hidden once but I simply couldn't hit shit anymore. The problem I had was that apparently I use the gun model as an alignment, not just as something to watch on the screen. So as soon as I put it to hidden, my aim turned to donkey shit. Guess it would settle after a while but I deffo can't be arsed to learn all launches and ripper shots with hidden weapon hand again..

i wouldnt change from righthand to hiddern for all the tea in china, launchs are totaly differant depending on which hand you use a couple of my right handed launchs cant be easy with any other weapon hand (As sobo knows :P ) Also i use the gun itself to aim as much as i use the cross hairs.