5 all new challenges!...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

The Challenges

Since Useless doesnt have internet etc I have no idea when he will be here again..
He posted the challenges already at 24priv forums, since you guys want it here is his post:
ps. all credits to useless, dont ask me how he did the stuff... i just c/p'ed from our own forums.
Useless said:
The challenges for the first three:

The Bridge Challenge 1

This was the first one I did and I spent ages trying to cut down the limit to 14:50. The last two restrictions are there to make sure no-one tries to boot-jump from around the Main Gate. I could make this a lot harder, but still possible, by stopping you from using either of the Gate lifts, but I won't
By the way, if you don't get wtf I'm on about with the cave spawn bit, I'm basically asking you to hammer-jump from the cave onto the torch, then hammer-jump off the torch again to the lower level, without touching the ground of the upper level at all. Daft, but there you are.

Objectives:

Trigger Detonator (complete the map) on or before 14:50 (1:10 time limit)

Restrictions:

You must stay on the attacking team at all times.
You must complete every objective apart from Attackers Have Entered The Base and Door Pressure Controller (and therefore Upper Base Door, which doesn't count as an objective in the list).
You are not allowed to use the underwater spawn.
You are NEVER EVER EVER allowed to touch the floor of the upper platform below the spawn cave (the area where you would usually land after falling out of the cave), though you are allowed to touch the floor of the lower one.
You are not allowed to use teleporters.
You are not allowed to use the lift beside the minigun hut.
You are not allowed to touch the roof of the high sniper tower.
You are not allowed to pick up the rocket-launcher in front of the Main Gate.

My record:

15:17 remaining

-----

The Bridge Challenge 2

This one is a pain in the arse. Even if you think you know how to do it before you even try, you will probably run your first route perfectly and then still find yourself short by several seconds. And even once you figure out the entire thing, it will still be an annoyance in the bottom. I loathe myself.

Objectives:

Trigger Door Pressure Controller on or before 15:25 (35 second time limit)

Restrictions:

You are not allowed to trigger ANY objective messages apart from Door Pressure Controller.

My record:

15:25 remaining

-----

The Bridge Challenge 3

This is probably more of a riddle than a challenge. I'll likely need to post a hint for this one, since I tend towards the opinion than there isn't a single one of you who could think his or her way out of a two-foot hole

Objectives:

Trigger Detonator (complete the map) on or before 15:45 (45 second time limit)

Restrictions:

You are not allowed to trigger ANY messages apart from the 4 Explosives and the final Detonator.
You are not allowed to pick up boots.
You are allowed godmode (for invulnerability only - fly, ghost etc. are not allowed).

My record:

15:16 remaining

--------

And for the first Frigate screen:

The Frigate Challenge

This is pish easy to be honest. In fact I'd struggle to explain why I've left it in.

Objectives:

Reach the very top of the ship (roof above Final button) on or before 5:40 (20 seconds time limit)

Restrictions:

You are not allowed to trigger any objective messages.
You are not allowed to touch ANY part of the ship which lies on or below the deck level (inside or outside).
You are only allowed 2 hammer-jumps.
You are allowed unlimited alt hammer-jumps.

My record:

5:42 remaining

----

Attachments

• Bridge 1.jpg
    Bridge 1.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 196
  • Bridge 2.jpg
    Bridge 2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 196
  • Bridge 3.jpg
    Bridge 3.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 194
  • Frigate.jpg
    Frigate.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 194
  • Frigate time record.jpg
    Frigate time record.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 195
Reactions: Cassius
Sorry this took so long guys. On the day I was trying to post all 5 (last Saturday) UTA forums timed out all day and I couldn't get in. I posted them in 24 Private forums, along with screens showing that they really are possible, but I can't transfer them because this is a library computer. Maybe one of the 24 guys can take them from there and post them here (in order please if you do :) )

Anyway, here are the 5 challenges for you, complete with rules etc. If anyone doesn't understand what I'm talking about lemme know and I'll make it clearer. Incidentally if anyone can do the third Bridge one I'll be amazed :P
---------

The Bridge Challenge 1

This was the first one I did and I spent ages trying to cut down the limit to 14:50. The last three restrictions are there to make sure no-one tries to boot-jump from around the Main Gate. I could make this a lot harder, but still possible, by stopping you from using either of the Gate lifts, but I won't :)
By the way, if you don't get wtf I'm on about with the cave spawn bit, I'm basically asking you to hammer-jump from the cave onto the torch, then hammer-jump off the torch again to the lower level, without touching the ground of the upper level at all. Daft, but there you are.

Objectives:

Trigger Detonator (complete the map) on or before 14:50 (1:10 time limit)

Restrictions:

You must complete every objective apart from Attackers Have Entered The Base and Door Pressure Controller (and therefore Upper Base Door, which doesn't count as an objective in the list).
You are NEVER EVER EVER allowed to touch the floor of the upper platform below the spawn cave (the area where you would usually land after falling out of the cave), though you are allowed to touch the floor of the lower one.
You are not allowed to use teleporters.
You are not allowed to use the lift beside the minigun hut.
You are not allowed to touch the roof of the high sniper tower.

My record:

15:17 remaining

-----

The Bridge Challenge 2

This one is a pain in the arse. Even if you think you know how to do it before you even try, you will probably run your first route perfectly and then still find yourself short by several seconds. And even once you figure out the entire thing, it will still be an annoyance in the bottom. I loathe myself.

Objectives:

Trigger Door Pressure Controller on or before 15:25 (35 second time limit)

Restrictions:

You are not allowed to trigger ANY objective messages apart from Door Pressure Controller.

My record:

15:25 remaining

-----

The Bridge Challenge 3

This is probably more of a riddle than a challenge. I'll likely need to post a hint for this one, since I tend towards the opinion than there isn't a single one of you who could think his or her way out of a two-foot hole :D

Objectives:

Trigger Detonator (complete the map) on or before 15:45 (45 second time limit)

Restrictions:

You are not allowed to trigger ANY messages apart from the four Explosives and the final Detonator.
You are not allowed to pick up boots.
You are allowed godmode (for invulnerability only - fly, ghost etc. are not allowed).

My record:

15:16 remaining

--------

The Frigate Challenge

This is pish easy to be honest. In fact I'd struggle to explain why I've left it in.

Objectives:

Reach the very top of the ship (roof above Final button) on or before 5:40 (20 seconds time limit)

Restrictions:

You are not allowed to trigger any objective messages.
You are not allowed to touch ANY part of the ship which lies on or below the deck level (inside or outside).
You are only allowed 2 hammer-jumps.
You are allowed unlimited alt hammer-jumps.

My record:

5:42 remaining

-----

Er, I know I said five challenges, and I did have one for GolgothaAL. It basically asked you to touch the iron gate at Hurons Path in under 45 seconds. You were allowed godmode for invulnerability, but nothing else (no team-mates or other cheats etc). But it ended up having two problems: one, that it was very easy to work out how to do it, and two, that it was friggin hard to do correctly within the time limit. If anyone wants to try it then go ahead. I have a screen in 24 forums showing that I have done it so hopefully someone can copy it over along with the other ones.

--------------

Hope you have fun trying these and especially good luck for the third Bridge one (har har)...
There might be more than one way of doing some of these, so if you have done them, please post how so I can tell you that that's not how I expected you to do it :D

Reactions: Cassius
Jesus Christ, I just noticed that Lex already posted my whole thing, complete with screens. Pld m8, I don't deserve you :P Well go ahead and try them out and good luck again :) {24}Bliss is really me btw and I was playing offline.

EDIT: Ignore that 15 seconds Frigate one - that isn't part of the challenges but I tacked it on in the 24 Private thread fo some reason. If Lex can post the Golg screen I'd appreciate it :P

duh, go to the teleports dumbass
:P

that goes for the second obj btw :P

on the first one
all you have to do is to get final... then Second assault entrance will go off and then main gate will go off, and u'r left with detonators and the final switch ;)

Last edited: