3DMark01 - strange performance issue...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Yep best way to benchmark is take an exact point on a map in q3/ut/2k3 or cs whatever u wanna play take a sshot of it then install new hardware same settings same place another sshot and compare the difference's :)

that aquamark score was

gfx - 3435
cpu - 7102

total score 27 thousand or something

*edit*

That's with xp2800 and gf4ti4200 see sig..

Last edited:
dog said:
there's a huge gap here:

the stats / hardware geeks

and those of us that just wants a system that can run the apps and games we use properly.

Personally, I have never quite understood the seriousity with which people aproach these things, but I guess it's all down to your interests. But it's true for most benchmarks, that they tell you very little information, that is actually comparable to real life. If I want to benchmark a computer, I do it on the things I expect to run on it, not in benchmark programs.

Not at all :D There maybe a gap is some cases, but there is a HUGE grey area in between too. I build my system to run games. Thats what I use them for, and that is all I really need them to do. However, I find it interesting to run benchmarks and compare results to other systems to. I don't do it just so I can make a 1337 score and show off, I do it because it is of genuine interest to me how well different settings and hardware perform and which is the best value for money on the market.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That said my xp2800 beats your 2.75 p4 :p i think ??

okay, just did a benchmark with that aquamark thing, got over 38k points.
I did clock my processor to 2,23Ghz, but that's it :D

if you got 41k with a 9800 Pro then I'm proud of my 9700 Pro.

aye, but my result isnt accurate for my system :\ As I said, my results in aquamark and 3DMark01 have been well under what they should be which is the point of this thread!! People that got much less than me in 3DMark03 scored nearly 50k in aquamark and over 20k in 3DMark01...

Annoying for me, but end of the day 3DMark03 is the one that matters as it is by far the most up to date, what can you get in that? :D

I've made 2 similar experience.

1) After i bought more RAM (all DDR333) my system slow down(eg 61 instead of 65 in UT2k3-Botmatch).
The reason was that the new RAM got bad quality and slowed my system down.
(I've got a KT400-chipset, so it can't be a dualchannel-problem ;))

2) For my board the new Bios-version was slower than the older one.
(65->62)

(so there can be many possible reasons why ur pc isn't that fast how it should be)

I have added some more ram recently, but I don't think it's a problem like that... The PC runs fine in some applications, such as 3DMark03 and most games, however in others such as 3DMark01 and Aquamark it doesn't score as highly as it should... :\

Oh well, not a huge issue am happy with my score in 03 so I think I'll just leave things as they are :D

My guesses would be:
1: Bad mobo/BIOS
2: Bad memory (or your board slows down with too much mem in it, that is not unusual)
3: Driver issues
One or more above, cant see what else could be the problem. Ofcourse we would add the windows factor, might have an importent role too.