2v2 Tournament - Week Long - Starts Monday 13th

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

X-Bomb

Aug 16, 2001
London
This is going to be a week long event! The best 16 signed players will be picked. (sorry to the rest but some players bring down the skill level too far and it makes it unfair.)

Best 16 players decided by me:
Criteria:
1. Skill.
2. Active - are you gonna turn up and make an effort to play matches.
3. Comms used.

The actual teams will also be decided by me with consultation from the participants. If anyone knows me I like to make things as fair as possible.

Event Schedule:
1. Signup Closes 18GMT (19CET) on Monday 13th.
2. The teams/pairings will be decided 18GMT-19GMT. (19CET-20CET)
3. The tournament draw will be @ 19GMT-19:30GMT in #2v2cupdraw. I will need some participants to pick numbers.
4. Some footy on monday (Man united vs Arsenal) after that Im hoping some players will be online to play some matches!

Deadlines for matches:
Quarter Finals: Monday-Tuesday
Semi Finals: Wednesday-Thursday
Final: Thursday - Sunday

Rules and Servers:
  • Anti Hammer Launch Mutator on (you can still hammerlaunch but the mutator must be on - you just wont go as far;) )
  • Rocket Launches - Allowed
  • 3 Maps each, if its ends 3-3 keep picking until winner by 2 maps, you cant use the same maps as you originally picked. (but you can choose maps your opponent originally picked)
  • No testroom on AutoRIP
  • I guess you could use pug server as a lot of people will want to watch matches anyway.
  • I could ask MyM to config 8 server for 2v2 with mapvote. (edit: MyM said ok, so i will give more details later, will be 2v2 with mapvote on)
  • Or you could use your own server.
  • Teams in red get first map pick. take turns in picking

Even if you dont think you will be in the best 16 players, signup anyway (as i explained to Skalman, you lose nothing by signing up). There is hardly any players left in the league so you could make the top 16 easily.

Please guys make a good effort on this, I know a lot of players "hurt" when they lose. But this is your chance to re-live some serious competition. Lets see how far you can progress. Signup!! If this goes well i will be doing some more top-ranked 6v6, 4v4 tournaments in the new year.

Signups (best 16 players selected from this list on Monday 18GMT):
1. Twnz
2. X-Bomb
3. Axl
4. Pitbull
5. Loco
6. Fury
7. Html
8. Cyborg
9. Meteor
10. Pogo
11. Promax
12. d1sc
13. Fishy
14. BN
15. Bsk
16. Wakko
17. Seas

Attachments

• 2v2_final_bracket.png
    2v2_final_bracket.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
i'll play, but i'm working quite a lot next week, but i'm off monday tuesday! Here some evenings also!

i'll play, but i'm working quite a lot next week, but i'm off monday tuesday! Here some evenings also!

as long as you can squeeze a couple of 2v2's in i cant see it being a problem. Max you will play is 3 matches

Last edited:
signing now, but have a similar situation as twnz soo we'll see how it turns out

Undefeated champion of the last 2v2 tournament reporting in ;)

although i can only play between like 4 and 7 gmt on weekdays

im in, but i cannot play on weekends (sat-sun)
so if thats when you want final (not that id make it..) unsign me

Bleh, then I guess I'm going to have to unsign then, I signed thinking wish would too, but imo telling a player not to sign ruins the cup all together, with wish at least I and others who want him to sign have competition!