2v2 AS Summer Cup!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

k well im free at 6pm tonight if people r online and can play ill play it but if not tonight and if theres issues with a server or anything i guess its over lol, ace really does suck. after tonight i wont be available for another week , and i dont want to hold up another cup , but ill play if people r here i'm willing to honour finishing the cup if thats what others want. i do wanna play even if its a 5-0 defeat ill give it my best shot , but i want a decent fair game , not the bullshit of last night, rather forfeit than lag thru maps and have droppages

Last edited:
k well im free at 6pm tonight if people r online and can play ill play it but if not tonight and if theres issues with a server or anything i guess its over lol, ace really does suck. after tonight i wont be available for another week , and i dont want to hold up another cup , but ill play if people r here i'm willing to honour finishing the cup if thats what others want. i do wanna play even if its a 5-0 defeat ill give it my best shot , but i want a decent fair game , not the bullshit of last night, rather forfeit than lag thru maps and have droppages

:nod:

Ok, guys cup has finished.

Here is some feedback from me and what I will do to make the next cup better.

When: Possibly the time I held this cup wasn't ideal. There were a few people unavailable due to holidays etc and people missing a few matches. Next cup I do wont be at big holiday period.

How: I personally think the draws were a great success. A lot of people were interested in seeing them, especially the initial 1 to finding out partners and matches. I will more than likely follow the same format in the future.

Teams: This was a weakness. Unfortunately dut to the large gulf in skill level between the top and bottom groups it was very hard to balance the teams fairly. I hope some people can give some contstructive feedback here and rather than say "teams were shit" I would appreciate advice on how it could have been bettered.

Teamsizes: I think next cup I will more than likely do a 4v4 cup. I am undecided as whether to test other gamemodes though. 2v2 worked well but due to the differences in skill level it turned out difficult to balance.

Overall: It would be interesting to hear your views overall how it went. And how to improve the next one. This was rushed and was something I put together in 1 day and launched it. Luckily it went OK but the next 1 I hope goes much better than OK. Also WHEN is the key factor, let me know when you think would be an ideal time for a future cup.

Finally, thanks all for playing, and mainly thanks to MyM for providing the server and help on making the competition fair through voluntary admin during picking.

Torp

ace is kicking me and freezing on that 2v2 server allot for some reason , never happens on normal pug server. think you should just grant wish and html the winners and begin next cup , they r worthy winners x

You got kicked the other day for joining an ACE server after playing on a UTDC server

Thanks for the cup Torp, thought it went pretty smoothly, perhaps the timing wasn't that good because of the world cup and holiday season, and the teams were quite hard to balance because of the skill gap, especially for 2v2.

Revealing the draws and teams were definitely really fun, and I think there were some pretty good games...anyway, gg xr and hoi, you are both good 2v2 players but html was really good in our game, and really allowed me to do what I wanted during the match..

http://www.wegame.com/watch/xrhoiavi/

Just a really few tiny scenes from the game, nothing special, just to remember the game.

Oh and thanks for MyM for giving a server, helping with the draws and problems people had. Great help as per usual :thumb:

can someone lock W1SH´s sniperbutton as a handicap or something? :lol:
GG and good luck with next cup, 3v3 is max i think. satan: