Search results

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

1. C

Master server down?

Over the past months I have found it increasingly tiresome to get a list of servers. Pressing F5 forever it seems. Now pressing F5 and different gametypes just gives me 2-3 servers. Have they stopped supporting the "master" server or what?
  2. C

Somethi´n happened tonight

Friday evening. Nobody on the Boomtown servers. UT-AS died. March 2004. May it rest in piece. Highly appriciated since 1999. Just for years 5 old .... :impac
  3. C

Thanks

Once up un the time, a long time ago, came game called UT Assault. This might sound as a farewell post. It's not. Because there are no farewell posts. If you think you are going to make a farewell post, you are not there yet. If you want to make a farewell post you are still not there. If...
  4. C

Lamest excuse?

I would say. I ran out of ammo. Better one is. I ran into ammo.
  5. C

What makes AS work?

Strange beast this AS. Played it since it came out now. The 7 map cycle on Boomtown still works as it always did. Competing with a large number of games. And I play the others, the shooters and also RTS. But a couple of times a week I go AS and its still the very best. Why? A lot of other...
  6. C

Hard to hit players

Lately a weird thing has started to show up when I play. Some players hardly ever get. 2 facts: These hard to hit players constanly show good results and play well in general. I only play on Boomtown which admittently can be laggy. Problem: They don't get hit in situations where they...
  7. C

Movie title

The clueless, the helpless and Boomtown. Edit add: A few more popped up. A fistful of frags. For a few frags more. .... Encounter of the fragging kind. Frag Wars. The Lord of the Frags. The return of the living fragged. Bloody endless. Happy fraggin
  8. C

Changing music

Was fiddling trying to change the music for another game that uses ogg-files. Happened to find that UT2003 also uses ogg-files. So you can take an mp3, convert it to ogg and copy it to the music directory using the proper name. This was news to me, had not tried it before but like it a lot...
  9. C

Is this a game or a payable ad for an engine

Feels like playing Q3. :(
  10. C

Jolt mutilated

Played on Jolt standard maps last night. They have removed Guardia! Mutilated 7-map AS. SUX! Otherwise it was a good and fun.
  11. C

This one is pretty off topic

Just came to think of it. Figured I post it here because I think its kind of important. And I also figured it might ring a bell somewhere. Nerds rule. Can you even picture Bill Gates being drunk once in his life. Big surprise, I can't, Tellya, thats whats wrong. At next convinient...
  12. C

Question on 16 and 32 bit colours

I upgraded my system about 2 months ago. Got a Soltek SL-75KAV socket A/266mhz motherboard, AMD XP 1500+ CPU and a Inno3D GeForce3 64MB AGP video card. System is working fine and everything is looking good. There is one thing that puzzles me though. If I tell Unreal Tournament to use 32-bit...
  13. C

BT, USB and ISDN problem

Hi all, A friend of mine in thew UK has got a new network connection. BT IDSN with some stange setup which plugs directly into his USB-port. His problem is that connection frequently drops. And when its up he has got a terrible ping of around 400. Is anybody familiar with this setup and...
  14. C

Recommendations for GeForce3 plz

I just upgraded from Amd K6 450+Voodoo 3000 to AMD XP 1500+ and GeForce 3. So my UT is currently tweaked for glide. Would be really happy of somebody could post some advice on how to get the most eye-candy out of the GeForce3. Performance is not an issue. Anything from the very basic and...
  15. C

Fuck lost track again, nm

By the way. While I am at it MI[whaterever] dont count here.
  16. C

Gentlemen Assault

No bloody point in posting everthing here. Given up.
  17. C

Questions on hardware upgrade

Hi you technology freaks! I currently have AMDK6-450 with some AliAGP motherboard, 256 MB ram, Voodoo 3000 and a soundblaster 1024 pci. The system was topgun 2 years ago. Well, the soundcard is pretty new. Now I have some money and plan to upgrade (before wife gets hold of them and spends...
  18. C

ICQ and UT

I need to get ICQ, never used it before. Could somebody please let me know how to combine ICQ with fullscreen games? Is it possible?
  19. C

subject?

Just for the record. I would like to note that I did not post anything on this whining thread. Whining=Complaining in a childish way. Bloody whiners!
  20. C

Zonealarm info

If you are not interested in ZoneAlarm then read no further! Sent a couple of questions to ZoneAlarm support and got a ver good response with lots of useful stuff. So might be helpful for somebody else. Response below. Thank you for using ZoneAlarm. If you are having problem getting an...