Battlefield 3

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Yeah for sure, going to try and get the Gigabyte GV-N570SO-13I or the MSI GTX570 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC. Read good things about both. Just so annoying not being able to play! It runs on low on my 8800GTS 512MB and it does say I have around 18-30 fps, but it really doesn't feel smooth at all.

Your system seems to run it nicely :)

ok, so played a few hours tonigth, seems like it could be ok to play overall, except that the server browser system (to me at least) appears to be shite. Lost count how many times the game crashed and whats more annoying, is that it keeps crashing when my mate tries to join me in games... anyone else found that problem? My card is "only" an 8800GTS 512 so it's not exactly high spec, so might be that... but crashing when someone i know tries to join me? comeon...

Yeah for sure, going to try and get the Gigabyte GV-N570SO-13I or the MSI GTX570 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC. Read good things about both. Just so annoying not being able to play! It runs on low on my 8800GTS 512MB and it does say I have around 18-30 fps, but it really doesn't feel smooth at all.

Your system seems to run it nicely :)

For SP I will play it with Ultra settings. However I will knock the settings down a bit when I play MP as performance > looks.

Some screenshots I took with Ultra settings.

Looks awesome Dave :D Can't wait! Arghhh

I posted my problem on a Dutch forum (Tweakers). I got a reply that another guy has had EXACTLY the same problem, with the exact same card and from the same store (although in a different city).

At least I know for sure now it's not a problem on my side. Just a shame, because it is a good card. Going to order the Gigabyte GV-N570SO-13I now, 4 days delivery time :(

Btw Vitz, I have had a few crashes to desktop when testing GFX settings ingame. It would crash when i changed the different presets (LOW/MED/HIGH/ULTRA etc) and one time random aswell.

Do you have a steady framerate on low though? No in between stutters, besides from the low framerate?

I hope you updated to the new nvidia drivers that are for Bat 3

New in Version 285.62

•This is the recommended driver for Battlefield 3. It contains several performance and compatibility enhancements for the final release of the game

Yeah I am using those. Also used MSI Afterburner to track some more stats. VRAM usage is around 450MB, so not sure if it's that either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl2zrywYzW8

I just frapsed a bit of how it runs with me with everything on LOW or off. It feels as if the game/image is dragging. Not exactly smooth. I used the overlay pointed out here: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1445046-bf3-performance-graph-pure-goodness.html (Render.PerfOverlayVisible 1)

They say: "The higher the MS render rate the worse that particular component is doing (CPU or GPU)"

It seems to me that the CPU is having a bit of trouble. It's an i7 860, can't imagine that being worse than my 8800GTS 512MB in comparisson. Maybe it will be all solved once I get the GTX 570, but for now it's really no smooth gameplay. For multiplayer it's the same.

Last edited:
BN lucky for you I am working with this :) Update your VGA BIOS from MSI website , nvidia geforce 560/570TI, they seem to lack some function in direct x 11, has solved the problem for alot of people (NO DONT PM ME FOR HELP CALL SUPPORTLINE) lol ;P

BN lucky for you I am working with this :) Update your VGA BIOS from MSI website , nvidia geforce 560/570TI, they seem to lack some function in direct x 11, has solved the problem for alot of people (NO DONT PM ME FOR HELP CALL SUPPORTLINE) lol ;P

Ofcourse, I forgot you work at EA mate! PM sent! j/k lol

I think you got it a bit mixed up. The stutter problems are with my current 8800GTS 512MB and its from EVGA, not from MSI.

I have updated my MSI P55-GD65 BIOS though, that didn't help.

The heavy artifacts were from the EVGA GTX 570 SC, not from MSI.

Do you mean I should update my 8800GTS 512mb BIOS from EVGA? Vitzy also has a 8800GTS 512MB and he has no stutter issues.

The problem with the EVGA GTX 570 SC's is a known problem now in NL, they all come from a bad batch.

Ofcourse, I forgot you work at EA mate! PM sent! j/k lol

I think you got it a bit mixed up. The stutter problems are with my current 8800GTS 512MB and its from EVGA, not from MSI.

I have updated my MSI P55-GD65 BIOS though, that didn't help.

The heavy artifacts were from the EVGA GTX 570 SC, not from MSI.

Do you mean I should update my 8800GTS 512mb BIOS from EVGA? Vitzy also has a 8800GTS 512MB and he has no stutter issues.

The problem with the EVGA GTX 570 SC's is a known problem now in NL, they all come from a bad batch.

ah no haha mybad then, but id just say update vga bios from the manufacturers website to see if it helps, didnt really read all :P

Ok I'll have a look for it, thanks.

This is specifically for these stutters though? It doesn't have anything to do with framerates?

I'm sure it is very busy at the supportdesk :rofl:

Don't you play it btw?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TAZ-HN9cOk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wasUKlYIf8A

If you're such a consume ape, atleast use the program sandboxie, to prevent Origin to takeover your whole PC.

Have you succesfully been able to run the game in Sandboxie in onlinemode? Tried but not succesful so far, tried the sandboxie forums and ive seen theres some issues to get punkbuster to run through it..

http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4885&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

And BN yes I do play, what your Origin name?

Last edited:
It's BlackNinjaKapow :teehee:

Finally ordered a different card yesterday, just to find out that the online stock counter of the site didn't work properly. This model is sold out in all of NL!!!!! Trying to buy through UK now, but need a CC and Germany only accepts pre-paid bank payment ;(

BN and his problems everytime a new game is released. Nothing goes his way FS!

lovely problems this morning... spent the last 20 mins or so trying to play a game... any game... and this is the outcome.

edit, not just me then :)

Attachments

• bf3 error.png
    bf3 error.png
    394.6 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
As per usual. you find a lot of bugs in Battlefield games after launch. You gotta love the disappearing HUD.

Yeasterday there was some server side updates, that caused this "backend" problem. Should be solved now though,

ingame nick is "ase-" for anyone who wants to add :)

EA's Origin service, a digital storefront and DRM platform that's required to run popular titles like Battlefield 3 and FIFA 12, is facing staunch opposition from privacy advocates in Germany, who claim that the service's end-user license agreement is in violation of German law.

:bowdown: