soccer / football thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satell...s_show_that_Pepe_did_not_touch_Alves__leg.htm

Reactions from sportman at the bottom of the report

just look how many ring leaders surround the ref after every foul. look at the tackles compared to the reactions of barca players. the Media here in England is jumping on Madrid for being negative and praising Barca???? WTF, I just dont understand why. Barca ruined the game. If real had a plan to defend at home, thats 100% up to them.

In fact Ronaldo and mourhino said, they had a "3rd phase" plan to bring kaka into the game at the end when barca were tired.

1 thing for sure, cant wait for the rematch!

And Barca obviously had the plan to get a Real player sent off so they only have to play against 10 defenders instead of 11:rolleyes:
I cant really see how anyone can say it was Barca ruining the game, they were the only team actually playing. Real totally destroyed any kind of football, defending with 11 people instead of at least trying to attack, looked the way 3rd division clubs usually play against Bayern Munich.
Pepe´s attack was just stupid, can easily break someone´s leg that way, obviously wasnt worth a red card but at least it made the game a bit enjoyable.

I've never understood the notion that defending = destroying football. Why should a team not be allowed to play to their strength? What team in their right mind will try and outplay Barcelona?

Ridiculous reasoning.

Busquets should get a 3-5 match ban after his childish diving and rolling around.

Sorry but what part of triangle passing on the half way line in any way playing more than Real Madrid? What do you want? Real to not defend when barcelona once again kill a game off with possession play.

75% possession at half time to Barca, 2 shots on goal, 1 on target. Please explain hw this is playing?

Disgraceful from half the Barcelona team, but must also say 2-3 Real Madrid players were trying it on as well.

No way was that a red card ever.

lol true torp, they do fuck all with the posession. its funny that we talk about the way barca and madrid played, but arent we forgetting the bit of history messi made with his "owen-like" rush through the madrid defence?

I think Guardiola had a huge influence on the game.. I watch a lot of barca games and I've never seen them ALL run up to the referee for every little challenge.. They've done it before (Arsenal) but it wasn't for every single challenge. Got a feeling that Guardiola didn't like the rough play RM been playing for the last 2 games and thought that this would be a way of stopping them. Busquets and Alves are known for diving, but I was surprised pedro and a bit of villa were doing it too, so I dno, I think it was Guardiola, seemed pissed at Mourinho the day before too! :rofl:

And about Barca not doing anything with their possession, they were very conservative and I think they learnt from the last 2 games that RM are deadly at counter attacking and so they wanted to make sure they didn't lose the ball stupidly. RM weren't opening up so what else do you want them to do, Mourinho has super negative tactics, but they work against Barca. Even Ronaldo got pissed at how no one was trying to close them down apart from himself and so this meant that Barca couldn't even try to play it forward because RM had a game plan to just hound them down and push them back. Who does that at home?

Whenever I saw the RM defenders with the ball, they just tried to wack it up there and hope one of the upfront players did something with it. Like the commentators said yesterday, they probably just wanted to keep a clean sheet and try and score against Barca in the last 20 minutes at the Nou Camp.

Funny how these are two of the most popular and successful clubs in the world and their game attracts huge interest as a result, yet when they meet we get everything we don't want (cheating, sendings off, managers being babies, fights, ref influencing, negative / possession play, extremely few shots on goal, commentators who can't pronounce the letter R) and nearly nothing we do want (great goals, star players turning on the style, captains stepping up and taking charge, mutual respect, flowing football with good moves). This game was a piece of shit, a waste of a spectator's time. Messi's goal was the only worthwhile thing to see and we could have watched that on youtube the following day. Dunno what point I'm making, I'm just annoyed that I bothered to tune in really :\

And Barca obviously had the plan to get a Real player sent off so they only have to play against 10 defenders instead of 11:rolleyes:

This might be a shocker to you -but I think they did, why else would you do 500 rolls on the floor? surround the ref at every opportunity. They were trying to get someone sent off, they eventually succeeded. Who cares if real wanted to defend? that's up to them. Maybe you would like to see everyone rolling around and jumping the ref after every foul, but i dont!

Last edited:
This might be a shocker to you -but I think they did, why else would you do 500 rolls on the floor? surround the ref at every opportunity. They were trying to get someone sent off, they eventually succeeded. Who cares if real wanted to defend? that's up to them. Maybe you would like to see everyone rolling around and jumping the ref after every foul, but i dont!

That was serious, Im sure it was Barca´s plan to get someone sent off as it is pretty much the only way you can ever score a goal against a team full of top players defending with each person on the field. I´ve seen teams with great offensive players like Bayern struggle often enough even against 3rd division teams when these teams played that defensive, took Bayern 70minutes to score a goal, after that the other team has to attack and it ends 5-0. There is just no room for anything.
No matter how much money or prestige is involved, football is still meant to be entertaining and the way RM played totally took the fun for everyone. I guess if every team played that way noone would even bother watching it. Obviously Barca didnt create many chances in that game but how should they. Most goals happen when defense is not in place, RM never left their defense unorganised as they never attacked, made it hard for each side to score.

[lametorpjoke] apparently Harry Redknapp has put a 6 million pound bid in for osama bin ladens wife . she stopped more shots than gomes [/lametorpjoke]

:sofa:

Manchester-United-fans-007.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/16/manchester-united-19-times-banner-anfield

So Ancelotti has gone then. Failure to win the Champs League has cost another Chelsea manager their job. Nice guy but his tactics got found out and he never had a plan B. Some of his substitutions were baffling too.

Hiddink would be favourite I think with Roman probably paying the Turkish FA the rest of his contract. Van Basten has been mentioned in the past but he jumped ship at Ajax when things weren't going right. Vila-Boas would be my choice but I think he'd want at least another season in Portugal before he moves.