soccer / football thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

google images yo
plunge%205%20times.jpg

Liverpool always going on about their history. I wonder why? I'd be more worried about where Liverpool will be in the next 20 years not looking back 20 years...

Oh but we are not worried at all where we'll be in the next 20 years. For the first time in a very long time we're optimistic about our future. You have to remember that just 8 months ago we were facing an automatic 9p reduction, 2 very bad owners who only cared about their own personal wealth and a Torres who just ran around sulking feeling sorry for himself. But now, we have Dalglish back where he's supposed to be, we have new owners and we got rid of Torres for £50m (holy crap right, who in their right mind would pay that kind of money for a has-been!?) so all in all, we are looking pretty good right about now :)

Oh but we are not worried at all where we'll be in the next 20 years. For the first time in a very long time we're optimistic about our future. You have to remember that just 8 months ago we were facing an automatic 9p reduction, 2 very bad owners who only cared about their own personal wealth and a Torres who just ran around sulking feeling sorry for himself. But now, we have Dalglish back where he's supposed to be, we have new owners and we got rid of Torres for £50m (holy crap right, who in their right mind would pay that kind of money for a has-been!?) so all in all, we are looking pretty good right about now :)

keep repeating it.. maybe you'll start to believe it yourself :lol:

So where do you see Liverpool in 20 years jackel? Are you even aware of what's been going on for the past 12-18 months in the club?

So where do you see Liverpool in 20 years jackel? Are you even aware of what's been going on for the past 12-18 months in the club?

pff 20 years is a v long time. 20 years ago Ajax was still winning cups lol and so was red star belgrade etc. i cant understand why they bought carroll for the same amount of money. what about Hulk, Cavani, Gourcuff etc. they were probarly cheaper and a better choice imo. as long as they make such choices i dont see them winning the league the next 30 years.

pff 20 years is a v long time. 20 years ago Ajax was still winning cups lol and so was red star belgrade etc. i cant understand why they bought carroll for the same amount of money. what about Hulk, Cavani, Gourcuff etc. they were probarly cheaper and a better choice imo. as long as they make such choices i dont see them winning the league the next 30 years.

Makes sense to me, they need to meet the 8 homegrown players rule, at the moment they have either very young british players that may not make the grade or older players like Gerrard and Carragher that are nearing the end of their careers. Carroll is certainly good enough for their squad and at 22 should help with their 8 player criteria for a while.
Yes they overpaid but I think most of that was down to where he came from rather than ability.

Liverpool to be in the Blue Square Premier league in 10 years time!