soccer / football thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

lol at least I didn't.

How stupid can you be to lose after 2-1 lead when Inter needs TWO goals to win.

Revange for not making so many 100% goal chances (eg. ribery...)

Never seen any more careless playing, now this season is a real catastrophy for bayern munich.:chainsaw::rolleyes:

Went to watch a local non-league side play yesterday and witnessed the most inept officials I've seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaDci33GGzE

Their number 9 punches the ball away and nothing is done about it. We knew it was a penalty, their players knew it was a penalty, but the officials didn't? respect my arse.

To make things worse, their number 9 then went onto score their equalizer:mad:
I'm a Blyth Spartans Supporter!
:D

there is one thing i cant understand:
Since a long time now everyone KNOWS that the defence is rubbish. Everyone knew that bayern had luck (and alot Robben) to enter the final last year.

Bayern is one of the wealthiest and richest clubs in the world but they couldnt get a class defence in all those years. i dont get it.

Glad that Louis Van Gaal goes in few months. Instead of getting players he wanted to "boost" the inferior youth and so he made many strange and plain stupid decisions which were just wrong and created trouble among the team

Bayern did the same thing 3 times with 3 different coaches in the last 5 years Bartio ;)

Win double -> dont invest -> fail next season -> invest -> win double -> repeat :P

oddly enough. But the funny part is: The board wanted to get new players and strengthen the team, but Van Gaal didnt want to last summer. o_O
Instead he even kicked VanBommel out. Overall this coach is sometimes pretty strange.

oddly enough. But the funny part is: The board wanted to get new players and strengthen the team, but Van Gaal didnt want to last summer. o_O
Instead he even kicked VanBommel out. Overall this coach is sometimes pretty strange.

Gg bayern

Torres will once again be the focus of the media's attention when it should be the manager. Ancelotti is just tactially inept, and his substitions are very ranieri-esque. How is Torres expected to score when he has two lethargic midfields in Essien and Lampard behind him?

two lethargic players... only two? next: Malouda, Kalou, Torres, Mikel, Drogba, Bosingwa, Cole

i think that Ancelotti just isn't able to make better tactic if most of players are not in form (midfields, wingers, strikers)

Chelsea played better then the score suggests Man u couldnt get the ball in the 2nd half, relying on heavy defence

Let me tell you this:

If you keep defending you will eventually concede a goal!!!

I can bet you man utd go defensive at old trafford and chelsea will eventually score, then the whole match shifts into chelseas favour as they only need 1 more away goal to knockout man utd out.

massive chance for both teams to reach the final with schalke next. I still say its 50/50 1 away goal is not enough.