soccer / football thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

i doint think man u will defend on old trafford.. last time that they did such thing bayern went away with the win.

i doint think man u will defend on old trafford.. last time that they did such thing bayern went away with the win.

True, but rafael got sent off in that match, I still think man u will defend, wrong strat as man u are better when they attack, guess we got to wait and see. Whatever happens the 1st goal is crucial.

Chelsea played better then the score suggests Man u couldnt get the ball in the 2nd half, relying on heavy defence

Let me tell you this:

If you keep defending you will eventually concede a goal!!!

I can bet you man utd go defensive at old trafford and chelsea will eventually score, then the whole match shifts into chelseas favour as they only need 1 more away goal to knockout man utd out.

massive chance for both teams to reach the final with schalke next. I still say its 50/50 1 away goal is not enough.

Not SAF's playstyle to park the bus from the off, i'd expect a ruthless first half trying to get a goal or two, then focusing on defending second half.

SAF isnt naive enough to think his 1-0 is any true advantage hes had plenty of experience at these latter stages, 1slip up UTD will be out.. eitherway i think we needed 2away goals .. time will tell.

mourhino is crying... but he is spot on. Barca were absolute disgrace for football yesterday. I love to watch Barca, but yesterday was disgusting actions by them. Hounding the ref all the time and falling the floor 24/7 like they have been shot. Normally its 1 maybe 2 players, yesterday it was nearly whole team.

Funniest thing is ref didnt want to listen to Real players at end, threatening them with yellow card. Why didnt he do that straight away when barca first started hounding him, would have made the game 10x better.

Nice conspiracy theories from mourhino :thumb: Hope real can mount a comeback 2nd leg, i am sick of barca getting 11 vs 10 in champions league!! Man u gonna take them out in the final! gg

barca didnt play like they usually play... but, to be honest Real didn't play better... they just haven't deserved for win yesterday... Real played at own stadium, but it looked like they don't even try to attack... only 3 attempts on target

Barca had 71% ball possession in 60' (before red card for Pepe)... it mean Real wanted to keep 0-0 on own stadium... Mourinho is crying because he tried to not lose, but didn't try to win and as usual its not a good tactic

mourhino is crying... but he is spot on. Barca were absolute disgrace for football yesterday. I love to watch Barca, but yesterday was disgusting actions by them. Hounding the ref all the time and falling the floor 24/7 like they have been shot. Normally its 1 maybe 2 players, yesterday it was nearly whole team.

Funniest thing is ref didnt want to listen to Real players at end, threatening them with yellow card. Why didnt he do that straight away when barca first started hounding him, would have made the game 10x better.

Nice conspiracy theories from mourhino :thumb: Hope real can mount a comeback 2nd leg, i am sick of barca getting 11 vs 10 in champions league!! Man u gonna take them out in the final! gg

totally agree! madrid didnt do too much to try to win it but the way barca cried for yellow and red cards is just disgusting

agree with this 100%

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satell...s_show_that_Pepe_did_not_touch_Alves__leg.htm

Reactions from sportman at the bottom of the report

just look how many ring leaders surround the ref after every foul. look at the tackles compared to the reactions of barca players. the Media here in England is jumping on Madrid for being negative and praising Barca???? WTF, I just dont understand why. Barca ruined the game. If real had a plan to defend at home, thats 100% up to them.

In fact Ronaldo and mourhino said, they had a "3rd phase" plan to bring kaka into the game at the end when barca were tired.

1 thing for sure, cant wait for the rematch!