AS-Tydium

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Jwer, if some maps didnt have some nice little bits of spam in them then they'd all have gameplay as bollocks as desolate and have us suiciding every five seconds (no offence to map author) but jwer, your idea of a good map is way different from mine. Which is fine.

yup like the desolate guard room, generator room, lower levels, east/west bridge spam :p:

ps. desolate rocks!

I dont see why this map wont be league map material after they made final changes :p:

only spam in those places in clan matches Len, desolate on publics sucks.

As spr, uas, solid etc have shown, you can turn just about any map into a spam map if you are organised enough.

why do people think just because i helped with making 1 map that's how "every" map i'd help with will look like? Snowdunes is a completely different map and if i'd make another map it be totally different again.

"ur maptaste is different then mine" based on 1 map, nice judging

size wise the map is good, and after play testing the crappy points wil become obvious, it only requires somebody to apply fixes to these arreas.

Its still kinda brown... and that last switch should idd have some light on it... hmm last crystal has too little hp..hmm.. apart from that, n1 Japs :thumb:

i am busy with japs map but because of the hols i didn't do much about it and it has stil 2 miner flaws. (a invisible wall) and i need to build some stairs but because i can't map it wont work very well, but i can send someone the beta tho

V Nice Japster :) I've done some work on it aswell i havent touched the weapons layout or most of the geometry.

- removed a couple of routes outside so peeps wont run in the wrong direction at the start.
- added a pond to run through & altered the terrain a tiny bit
- reworked all the lighting
- new skybox
- added lightning & thunder
- added some bot support ( i cant get em up the stairs at the start)
- made the barrels collidable
- added new rock texture outside
- made all the trees & those 2 birds masked ( slowed the birds down aswell cos they were on speed b4)
- removed the custom texture pack and stuck the 3 customs in mylevel.utx
- redid your screenshots cos they looked a bit blurry browny
- redid the cave doors so they fit and dont collide together
- added light to that cave door button
- added more ambient sounds

thats it sofar and i cant find a zip disk to get the level to a connected computer :( i'll try and get you a copy soon meanwhile i'll try and sort the bot support out and then pass it over to you, if u dont like what ive done then bin it :P

be back tomorrow or summin and u lot leave my little jwer alone! Tbh I dont like playing desolate either on the pubs :\ swap it with snowdunes mebbe rename it as-desolate]I[ or summin...

Reactions: Snuggs
Nice that u'r back again Mutts :wave: (Have u done anything about Dawnraid? or some others?)

When will this version of Tydium be finished?

:) This should be good once mutts has finished with it, the version that japster origionally posted had great potential.

Muttley said:
i'll try and get you a copy soon meanwhile i'll try and sort the bot support out and then pass it over to you, if u dont like what ive done then bin it :P
Cool , just post it here when u finished, allready gave permission for everyone to edit it.
Sounds like u did a lot of work with it, really looking forward for new version(s) :cool: