AS-Tydium

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Japster

enemy of my enemy is my friend
Nov 17, 2001
Finland
Really original name ( and storyline ) , not :P

1st of all, big thx to Sobo for triggerhelp on optional objective spawns :thumb:

Due to lack of time not much playtesting done on this map, but give it a try anyway.
Single man can take 2nd objective before first if defense isnt focused.
U can pretty much launch all over the map and its also reguired to do so on some objectives.
Sum known bugs, sum unknown for sure, i dont have much time for mapping, so u can fix em instead ;)

download AS-Tydium

bla.jpg

more water! looks nice and all, but its really kinda ... erm .... brown.

Disclaimer: and green

maybe you can make some parts of it desert style and indeed a little water would lighten the monotone atmosphere up aswell. apart from that looking good :)

ok couple of things:

1) Ive gotta agree with Joko the map looks a bit "brown" :P It lacks intense colours. What might help is: use more Light Actors and in turn reduce their Radius and Saturation values.
- Inside the space ship the surfaces almost look "unlit". I was surprised they were not when I checked it in the ed. Make this a little bit more interesting
- The Last switch in front of the last caves features absolutely no contrast with the wall there lol, I ran the way up to there, ran back, up to there again and back again because I didnt see the friggin switch lol. Maybe add a bright (Saturation 0) Light there or a bright white light with a small Radius anyways.

Nice Radiuses to emphasize certain areas are 5-15 mostly. A good Idea to add atmosphere is put in a couple of normal saturation white lights and emphasize parts of the area with shdows or small lights.

Yet the geometry looks good and plays very good fps-wise :clap:

2) Ive discovered a HOM at a very critical spot: when if you are on the main castle (def) and want to snipe attackers coming out of their cave, a huge HOM glitches your screen :\ Looks fuckin ugly but gameplay wise its ok because:

3) Attackers can be sniped from every of that large area outside when they walk out of their cave, gotta feel like Attacker from Underground in Desert with Instagib... just with MUCH smaller and much more covered and hidden enemies.. Maybe this is less essential in 6v6 but with a small number of attackers chances to get through are slim imo

4) Some objectvies outside probably tend to gain indefendable status as Attackers can launch from anywhere virutally.

Well playtesting will give a lot a of answers, anyway I hope youll work on that lighting issue in critical places :)

Last edited:
Reactions: SX
It's a map with potential. I agree that the defenders would probably get launched against a lot, but only play testing will tell us what it is like. The end would be hard to defend but i guess with orgainisation it could be held effectivley. Add a bit of colour, maybe some water and it should look quite nice as well. Anyway, good work, the layout is inventive, had me running round in circles on my first test till I worked out where I was going :D. I think loads of launches could make this map quite interesting rather than undefendable. The defense will adapt to covering the launches if they try. Now then, when is the play test? :D

Thx for the comments
Im really busy with "other stuff" atm, so anyone willing to make changes on the map just go ahead ;)

the map is the best new map ive seen in ages :D
bit dark but fun to play had to walk in circles 2 first time but who cares

about the water there is water :P

1 problem ive experienced tho, i walked in the spwan abit and had loads of times that it didnt want to walk, then suddenly it walked than stopped and so on, maybe it has to do with me pc but its quite annoying, hope its only my prob so that the rest can play it nicely

nice map keep up the work.

If that Saqqara edit is on ice maybe Psy can edit it, he seems to be willing to spend a lot of time into the league and its maps.

edit: ah he might be working on saqq in a couple of weeks again.

Any mappers here who would wanna do the changes part for this map? it has more potentital than other recent maps imo.

Last edited:
More like the tunnels on riverbed3, one of the few objectives where people actively (and fuckin annoyingly imo) camp the spawn of the defence. The tunnel of the defence towards the second to last objective + the shockrifle there makes it a perfect target for spamming the defence, the tunnel to the end objective is worthless because by the time people are that far in the map is over.